Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely legitimate. I've seen both home and away Adelaide Crows guernseys from 1996 and 1997 with Puma retail tags. :)

I can't with all confidence give you the full backstory on it, but Puma did have a retail license for the AFL at the time and I believe had the contract to manufacture the Crows retail guernseys. My feeling is that it's to do with Adidas, at the time, not having the capability to make a sublimated AFL guernsey which was required for this design (debuted in the 1996 Lightning Premiership IIRC), or the club simply preferring the Puma "Coolmax" fabric compared to whatever Adidas had developed.
Thanks for the reply :thumbsu: Weird things going on in those days, apparently.

probably belongs in bay 13, but aint gold coast suns should be there lol

vafl 2028

brisbane (fitzroy)
west coast blues (carlton)
adelaide magpies (collingwood)
northern tiwi bombers (essendon)
west sydney bulldogs (west bulldogs)
tasmania hawks (hawthorn)
geelong
melbourne
Gold Coast Kangaroos (North Melb)
port adelaide tigers (Richmond)
fremantle saints (st kilda)
sydney swans (south melbourne)

View attachment 1989809

press any button to continue
Homer Simpson Lol GIF by Demic

I know theres a thread here about it somewhere but i can’t seem to find it but i just had some shower thoughts and was wondering does anyone actually know why majority of teams don’t wear white shorts vs the swans and suns and how that came about?

I remember early days they did vs Sydney and that they also wore white shorts away but that stopped in the early 2000’s, was there ever an explanation to this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i need to find a team (still) (was always keen on Wrexham and knew of them before the sale and w2w)
New soccer fans becoming fans of Wrexham is a bit of a meme amongst UK circles, I reckon just pick a team that looks cool. I went with QPR because I thought the red numbers on blue hoops looks pretty cool, of course they were a Premier League team back then but it’s lowkey a little bit more entertaining as a whole in the Championship.

I follow Liverpool because that was my uncles team, and he has often told the story of knocking back an invite to play for Liverpool because it would mean leaving my Aunt in Australia. They’ve been together since they were teenagers.

Once I learned a bit more about my family history I picked up Nottingham Forest as a second club. (I have a relation to The Earl of Nottingham going back 120 odd years).

i need to find a team (still) (was always keen on Wrexham and knew of them before the sale and w2w)
if you want a winning team, you've only really got 6 options (arsenal, liverpool, man utd, man city, chelsea, tottenham (lol)). other teams can be too unpredictable which can definitely be fun but whatever suits you. as a side note aston villa are looking pretty exciting

I started following arsenal about 10 years ago after watching a funny video of the fans singing some chants to Robin Van Persie after he left the club which I can't repeat. Quite an odd way to start to follow a club but that's how it happened lol

I follow Liverpool because that was my uncles team, and he has often told the story of knocking back an invite to play for Liverpool because it would mean leaving my Aunt in Australia. They’ve been together since they were teenagers.

Once I learned a bit more about my family history I picked up Nottingham Forest as a second club. (I have a relation to The Earl of Nottingham going back 120 odd years).
yeh i don't have any links to clubs so nothing there, for afl though I am related to Troy and Shane Bond from the crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back