Club Mgmt. Amart to replace Kia as Essendon co-major sponsor

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 9, 2004
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I can't recall
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/amart-replaces-kia-in-2m-mega-deal-for-dons-20180821-p4zyvv.html
Amart replaces Kia in $2M mega deal for Dons
Sam McClure

Leave a comment

Essendon’s failure to qualify for the finals hasn’t hurt the club’s ability to lure a new major sponsor, with furniture giant Amart signing on in what will be one of the biggest sponsorship deals in Australian sport.

In a deal believed to be worth more than $2 million a season, The Age can reveal that Amart has signed on as the club’s new co-major sponsor, replacing Kia, with the car manufacturer disappointed not to be continuing its relationship with Essendon.

0d16071e7ec85d9528829de8b8291ce7416c0141

Essendon will miss the finals, but have nabbed a lucrative sponsorship deal.

Photo: AAP
It’s believed the partnership between Amart and Essendon is for at least four years.

While the club was keen to keep Kia as a sponsor, the offer from Amart was too good to refuse, considering the debt the club is still in debt following the infamous supplements scandal.

After announcing a record $4 million profit last year, Essendon planned to be debt free by mid 2019 and the new deal with Amart will go a long way to achieving that.
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/amart-replaces-kia-in-2m-mega-deal-for-dons-20180821-p4zyvv.html

$2mil a year is good coin. I honestly don't care who the sponser is if they are going to give us that cash.

So here's my super quick mock ups of how I feel our jumper will look next year. If a sponsor is paying $2M a year, they're going to want their logo to stand out. Hence, I imagine the Amart logo will be surrounded by a shithouse white box, as such:

bomberjumper2.jpg bomberjumper1.jpg

Realistically, it would look a hell of a lot better with the white box being removed, like this:

bomberjumper3.jpg bomberjumper4.jpg

Pls have mercy gods of Amart!

So here's my super quick mock ups of how I feel our jumper will look next year. If a sponsor is paying $2M a year, they're going to want their logo to stand out. Hence, I imagine the Amart logo will be surrounded by a shithouse white box, as such:

View attachment 546997 View attachment 546998

Realistically, it would look a hell of a lot better with the white box being removed, like this:

View attachment 546996 View attachment 546995

A lot of their buildings and stuff are red/white text on a navy background, such as:
Amart_Logo_3D_CMYK_Blue_background.jpg

Part of their last rebranding effort https://www.amartfurniture.com.au/a-new-name

(I drove past one yesterday :p )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 546997 View attachment 546998

View attachment 546996 View attachment 546995

Doubt a highly visible brand like a retailer would be willing to recolour their logo for the sake of a footy jumper. Colours and the familiarity is a big factor in branding. Will be a combo of the red, white and navy. Might see a navy box on the clash strip.

Shame about Kia, but debt-free halfway through next season makes it a no-brainer.

Doubt a highly visible brand like a retailer would be willing to recolour their logo for the sake of a footy jumper. Colours and the familiarity is a big factor in branding. Will be a combo of the red, white and navy. Might see a navy box on the clash strip.

I'd be surprised if they didn't have a couple of prescribed variations of their logo and branding. Companies that have spent any sort of money on brand identity will have a style guide covering all uses.

One of the guys on the graphic design board has seen the 2019 ISC range and said a team with a "new sponsor" has cleverly worked the sponsor logo into the design of the jumper, so that will be interesting...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back