Sports American Football Star's deceased girlfriend controversy

Remove this Banner Ad

Matty_G

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thought I'd share this interesting developing story coming out of college American football. One of the best/highest profile players has found himself in a bit of a scandal regarding a supposed girlfriend who passed away. The following link to a Deadspin article outlines things pretty well and has had some deep investigative work breaking open the story. Apologies if the link doesn't work properly, currently posting from my phone.

http://m.deadspin.com/5976517/manti...-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax#top

Makes for eerie reading. But all these press conferences are labelling Te'o as "the victim" whereas by the looks of that Deadspin investigation, he was "in on it" most of the time?

I'm confused

Yeah I find it hard to believe he wasn't in on it, either for the publicity or to cover up his sexuality.

If not he's got an extremely dodgy mate who's ran a pretty heavy scam.

Wow that's quite a bizarre story think he can kiss his NFL dream goodbye!

That would be interesting. I'm no NFL expert but I gather this kid can really play.

I think it said he finished second in the Heisman Trophy... that’s the Brownlow of college football

He’ll still be drafted.

Reckon they’ve concocted the whole thing to get some attention, and it’s worked a little too well.

The Heisman like most American sports awards is voted by media... we all know they’re suckers for a cool fairytale story.

This whole thing is really strange. Cancer-riddled girlfriend was non-existent and he wasn't in on the scam? How bizarre. :confused:

Expect his draft stock to plummet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back