Discussion An Uncomfortable But Exceedingly Proud Express History of the Mercurial Baghdad Bombers (warts and all!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, I can imagine you got some backchat for leaving.
I didn't get any backchat at all for leaving.
It was when I'd been considering going back that things got out of hand, and none of that was directed at me either. The Bombers just went from an aggressive but fun team under HaroLad to a team that was full of blind spite for the entire league. That didn't seem like much fun to me anymore.

It was when I'd been considering going back that things got out of hand, and none of that was directed at me either. The Bombers just went from an aggressive but fun team under HaroLad to a team that was full of blind spite for the entire league. That didn't seem like much fun to me anymore.
Winners are grinners. For the rest of the decade after HaroLad left the best we did was to make a couple of semis.

But somehow I don’t think it was genuine distain for other teams but more of a pisstake. No doubt other teams envied the successes of the HaroLad era, but maybe less so when the onfield outcomes weren’t as compelling as the winning era’s exuberance.

The whole TheCoach16 / haydo episode would have pissed the Wonders off no doubt, but that might have been more opportunistic than planned.

Obviously it’s more fun for those in on the scam than those outside the club, but that’s all up for grabs with how persuasive the bantering is, yeah?

The whole @TheCoach16 / @haydo episode would have pissed the Wonders off no doubt, but that might have been more opportunistic than planned.

Obviously it’s more fun for those in on the scam than those outside the club, but that’s all up for grabs with how persuasive the bantering is, yeah?
It was partially planned, but only a select handful of posters in the club knew. Take it from me, it was a genuine surprise to everyone else at the Bombers, including myself. KohPhi did an incredible amount of heavy lifting and damage control behind the scenes to try and patch things up.

Speaking of him, the KohPhi era from seasons 25-27 are probably the peak era for the Bombers. No dramas (manufactured or otherwise), no serious hostility, and a competent captain for once. Sure, there were those boomer-y traits that have always lingered in their posting, but it wasn't the tired, played out gimmick it is today.

It was partially planned, but only a select handful of posters in the club knew. Take it from me, it was a genuine surprise to everyone else at the Bombers, including myself. KohPhi did an incredible amount of heavy lifting and damage control behind the scenes to try and patch things up.

Speaking of him, the KohPhi era from seasons 25-27 are probably the peak era for the Bombers. No dramas (manufactured or otherwise), no serious hostility, and a competent captain for once.
Did you wish you’d stayed a Bomber rather than move to the Dragons, cos you left for a break after season 27?

Matty411 seems to have been a key player around that era too, and obviously Tony Lynn 15 and TheCoach16 were co-captains in S27.

Did you wish you’d stayed a Bomber rather than move to the Dragons, cos you left for a break after season 27?
* no. I went to the Dragons to get away from the Bombers. I'd been a Dragon for longer than I'd been a Bomber when I left for that break.

@Matty411 seems to have been a key player around that era too
I literally cannot remember a thing he did. Again, I was already at the Dragons by the time he rolled around.

and obviously @Tony Lynn 15 and @TheCoach16 were co-captains in S27.
On a good day, they could be hilarious. They basically adopted me during my brief stint in red and black.

I miss the old Bombers. Well, not really, maybe just the idea of the old Bombers. Whose career is the reference point for the golden days? Is it BMC (Before Metalcrusher) and AMC (After Metalcrusher) or is it just simply the pre and post Wayne periods.
Metalcrusher was certainly a key cornerstone given he Captained the Bears and the Bombers.

Together with Santoz they were informally known as the Bash Brothers and possessed a deadly one-two punch.

Speaking of him, the KohPhi era from seasons 25-27 are probably the peak era for the Bombers. No dramas (manufactured or otherwise), no serious hostility, and a competent captain for once.
For all the kudos and respect he garners, there is a steely determination that underscores his wise countenance.

When Dawn to Dark became too self-obsessed as a premiership player - and bagged those around him - KohPhi didn’t hesitate to sack him.
I wish we could go back to Uncle Tony's House for some alcoholic drinks.
Don’t we all, Filth.

Don’t we all. 🍺

Remove this Banner Ad

Back