Toast Andrew Gaff - Update: Re-signed for 2017 & 2018!

Remove this Banner Ad

Rest him for abit. Looks so much slower and looks to be labouring a bit.

Greenwood never left his side, constantly crashing in to him, plenty of niggle off the ball.
Thought Gaff tried pretty hard to get involved.

Pretty stupid to bring up Gaff, he's not an issue in this team at all.

Yep disposal poor and asks for it off of someone and has no plan of where its going. Just boots it 20 -30m to no one in particular. If he's tagged out of it so be it. He needs to sacrifice his game and get involved anyway he can unfortunately outside of skirting packs and asking for the ball off of people he hasn't got much to his game.

I think his disposal has been poor all year. Not worth discussing?

He goes at 75% which is very good for someone getting 30 touches.
Not sure anyone else is high with that amount of ball.

He's not a devastating kick, but he's invaluable to the team and the way we transition from def to attack.

No one works harder than him in a game (constantly at 18km+) and over the last few weeks he's really upped his contested disposal numbers as well (last 2 weeks has dropped off again however).

Today was poor as he had a very heavy tag, one that most players have struggled to overcome.
Redden was the only bloke I saw today who actually went over and assisted, most others didn't seem to do much (Nelson actually hit Greenwood once to be fair).

This team has MAJOR issues, I don't see why focusing on Gaff is worth talking about.

Greenwood never left his side, constantly crashing in to him, plenty of niggle off the ball.
Thought Gaff tried pretty hard to get involved.

Pretty stupid to bring up Gaff, he's not an issue in this team at all.
he is just one of the passengers who can not create attack or show pace to apply pressure. he is happy to corral from a safe distance

This team has MAJOR issues, I don't see why focusing on Gaff is worth talking about.
Barely focusing on Gaff, other players under the spotlight too.

Just concerned that he's essentially stagnated and in some ways gone backwards. Not overly interested in DE stats, don't trust it as a guide. He's lost his ability to hit up forwards at will and I think teams have become better at limiting his influence.

Not like he's under any threat of losing his spot or anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today just highlighted how valuable he is, if anything.

Unless we're getting a top 5 pick or a Patrick Cripps type in return then he's not up for trade IMO.

Agree to disagree

I get why people want to trade Gaff but it's likely we won't get enough in return.
He's a hard worker who runs at one speed (which hurts us defensively) and has poor-average disposal most of the time. I'd be happy with something like Gaff and Lamb for Acres and the Saints 1st rounder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back