Toast Andrew Gaff - Update: Re-signed for 2017 & 2018!

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe.

Just think we have enough players who struggle to find the ball in the midfield, we probably shouldn't trade our best unless we're getting a gun in return.
I think him calling for and getting the ball on the HFF and then stuffing up the kick later in the game was indicative of his play the last couple of years, poor decision making and poor disposal. He's just not that great a player imo.

I think him calling for and getting the ball on the HFF and then stuffing up the kick later in the game was indicative of his play the last couple of years, poor decision making and poor disposal. He's just not that great a player imo.
I love his heart and fitness, but unfortunately I agree. That hit he copped a couple of years ago was an absolute disgrace.

He's a hard worker who runs at one speed (which hurts us defensively) and has poor-average disposal most of the time. I'd be happy with something like Gaff and Lamb for Acres and the Saints 1st rounder.

The only hope of that deal not being accepted by the Saints is if they fell out of their chairs in shock, hit their heads and were too concussed to shout "yes, a thousand times yes" into the phone.

Im a gaff fan an im inching towards trading him. Someone like Parto seems to be a hard runner could potentially replace him (plus can go on ball). Need to build the general midfield first as we have been very ordinary in contested possession and clearances for a while. At the same time we cannot trade Gaff and not look to get or develop his replacement.

I thought it was a pretty reasonable trade, having Acres and two first rounders in this draft could really kickstart a mini-rebuild.
Yep agreed

Fair trade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Biggest issue will be outside run as Gaff seems to be our only main link man. Jetta would be one but we need to find one or two replacements as well. Do we go back to duggan on a wing? Does Yeo spend more time on a wing? or are we going to turn Parto into a wingmen?

Acres Big bodied inside mid

If that's what Acres actually was, then i'd be more inclined to agree with the trade.

But as it stands, he averages less contested possession & clearances than Gaff...the guy everyone wants traded.

Biggest issue will be outside run as Gaff seems to be our only main link man. Jetta would be one but we need to find one or two replacements as well. Do we go back to duggan on a wing? Does Yeo spend more time on a wing? or are we going to turn Parto into a wingmen?
Karps or Cole could be alright on the wing.

If that's what Acres actually was, then i'd be more inclined to agree with the trade.

But as it stands, he averages less contested possession & clearances than Gaff...the guy everyone wants traded.
Yes, because he's being played out of position.
But I'm not advocating trading Gaff for Acres, I'm advocating trading Gaff (+steak knives) for a mid first round pick (which is the core of the trade) and Acres.

Acres being played out of position. I love Gaff but he holds some trade value we need to be a bit bold if we want to rebuild and have a quick turnaround.

I love Gaff but he holds some trade value we need to be a bit bold if we want to rebuild and have a quick turnaround.

I'm not against trading Gaff at the right price.

Moving him on for an unproven player & a pick somewhere between 8 & 12 is another discussion.

You also have to consider who we play on the wing to replace him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back