Qld Annastacia Palaszczuk Retires, Undefeated

Remove this Banner Ad

No but Labor will be come October

Crisafulli definitely has a better chance than Frecklington (wrong area, wrong policies) or Nicholls (Newman acolyte), but Queenslanders are conservative in the classic sense.

Unless they perceive the QLD ALP to be uniquely crappy/tired (Bligh 2012) or Crisafulli runs a very good campaign (ala Borbidge in 1996), the QLD ALP will hold on.

I doubt we will see the right thing done and the Qld government withdraw from hosting the Olympics but hopefully the review they just announced will cut billions from the white elephant infrastructure projects. Now they just need to cut down on all the junkets and consultancy jobs for mates.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I doubt we will see the right thing done and the Qld government withdraw from hosting the Olympics but hopefully the review they just announced will cut billions from the white elephant infrastructure projects. Now they just need to cut down on all the junkets and consultancy jobs for mates.

ABC had the Chief Executive of the QCA on at the dinner break of the cricket and it was pretty clear that with this review happening they don't have a clue what's going to happen.

It's a 60 day review. They will just stamp whatever the government tells them to. Not enough time to properly assess this many projects.

I don't know about having Steven Miles as premier.

He strikes me as being too much of a loose cannon - great as an attack dog, but a wildcard in power.

I would have preferred Cameron Dick.

But we will see...

I don't know about having Steven Miles as premier.

He strikes me as being too much of a loose cannon - great as an attack dog, but a wildcard in power.

I would have preferred Cameron Dick.

But we will see...
both a decent genuine human beings.
I have met both in a work environment for conversations, small groups, under 10 people.
Both actually took on board stuff, followed up, and we had good outcomes.

The one who is really top notch in our Health Minister, Shannon Fentiman.
Empathetic.

She is getting results already.
It is difficult to change a toxic worlkplace ie Qld Health overnight.

The mob up top are scared. Rightly so.

both a decent genuine human beings.
I have met both in a work environment for conversations, small groups, under 10 people.
Both actually took on board stuff, followed up, and we had good outcomes.

The one who is really top notch in our Health Minister, Shannon Fentiman.
Empathetic.

She is getting results already.
It is difficult to change a toxic worlkplace ie Qld Health overnight.

The mob up top are scared. Rightly so.

Are you saying that Miles and Dick are decent human beings (I've never met them, so they could well be)?

And who are the mob up top? The bureaucrats overseeing QLD Health?

The problem I have with Miles is that he comes across as an attack dog, running a 10-year old government. Someone like that risks annoying too many people. If Crisafulli appears more level-headed by comparison and can run attack ads displaying Miles at his most unhinged, or reaches out to people that Miles has antagonised while invoking the 'It's Time' factor, then the ALP are in for a real fight.

Crisafulli, like Borbidge, is from the Gold Coast, so his seat isn't an impediment.

If Miles comes across as sensible while in office, then I can't see how the ALP won't win another term, though Crisafulli will definitely make some inroads.

Apropos of nothing really, Miles often sounds like a work-experience kid reading out a statement written by someone else.

I'm not intimate with the Qld state political scene, but was still well aware of him (and most other senior ministers) prior to ascending to the premiership. I know criticising him for his softly-spoken voice is not really constructive, just an observation from a non-Queenslander. In the stuff we see in Vic, he doesn't project confidence in his pressers. But I gather if some of you are describing him as an attack dog, he's more forthright in political argy-bargy via media and in parliament?

Are you saying that Miles and Dick are decent human beings (I've never met them, so they could well be)?

And who are the mob up top? The bureaucrats overseeing QLD Health?

The problem I have with Miles is that he comes across as an attack dog, running a 10-year old government. Someone like that risks annoying too many people. If Crisafulli appears more level-headed by comparison and can run attack ads displaying Miles at his most unhinged, or reaches out to people that Miles has antagonised while invoking the 'It's Time' factor, then the ALP are in for a real fight.

Crisafulli, like Borbidge, is from the Gold Coast, so his seat isn't an impediment.

If Miles comes across as sensible while in office, then I can't see how the ALP won't win another term, though Crisafulli will definitely make some inroads.
Both are very decent.

Yep, DG down.They need to restructure.......
Plus the HHS and boards. Cronyism and nepotism central.

The thing I respect from any politician, and I have met quite a lot in my roles, is when they actively listen, and I get an outcome from that, after my initial discussions.

I hate politicians that dont listen, interrupt me and never get back to you.Both side of the fence.

Apropos of nothing really, Miles often sounds like a work-experience kid reading out a statement written by someone else.

I'm not intimate with the Qld state political scene, but was still well aware of him (and most other senior ministers) prior to ascending to the premiership. I know criticising him for his softly-spoken voice is not really constructive, just an observation from a non-Queenslander. In the stuff we see in Vic, he doesn't project confidence in his pressers. But I gather if some of you are describing him as an attack dog, he's more forthright in political argy-bargy via media and in parliament?

He was pretty aggro during COVID, but not in a controlled way. More like the "work-experience kid who's trying to impress" way, which may be why you perceive him that way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back