Qld Annastacia Palaszczuk Retires, Undefeated

Remove this Banner Ad

The opposition are pretty awful. Newman set them back quite a bit I reckon, because he didn't invest in anything and just cut, cut, cut, including vital jobs like train driver instructors. I can't imagine Greater Brisbane, Townsville, Mackay or Rockhampton have shed their view of the LNP since Newman's time in office.

Don't underestimate the political forgetfulness and ignorance of swing voters. Campbell Newman 2012-15 will feel like a decade ago for many of those who watch s**t every day on their phones.

ignorance of swing voters

What ignorance is that, beyond the political elite who thunk* a poor government of my mob is better than a good government of the other mob.

* to the extent that rusted on types on either side ever think for themselves, got more in common with Folau than the swinging voter.

It makes sense considering their headquarters are in Brisbane. It can reasonably be viewed as an attempt to save local jobs.

Not according to mr potato

Not according to mr potato

Between this and possibly axing JobKeeper - they're playing with fire.

FWIW, I don't much like the idea of government support for Virgin, but politically, we're about to experience our highest unemployment rate for at least 25 years. Voters will flock to anyone seen to be getting/keeping people in work.

FWIW, I don't much like the idea of government support for Virgin, but politically, we're about to experience our highest unemployment rate for at least 25 years. Voters will flock to anyone seen to be getting/keeping people in work.
I want 2 airlines, hopefully keeps regional prices down.

ideology gonna ideology

"Government support" makes it sound like corporate welfare, whereas this is simply buying a distressed asset that is presently in administration. There's a difference between the two. Letting Virgin bite the dust gives Qantas monopoly power.

"Government support" makes it sound like corporate welfare, whereas this is simply buying a distressed asset that is presently in administration. There's a difference between the two. Letting Virgin bite the dust gives Qantas monopoly power.

The didn't exactly say govt support wasnt welfare either, which would bestupid

Yes but the airline won't bite the dust there are some experienced buyers interested that will transform it the disaster the last ceo made.

Qld buys it nothing changes and it will be in trouble again. Plus the govt will have to refresh the fleet, any of the private buyers will buy new planes off the two manufacturers at bargain rates.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Labor is screwed at this year's election with Jackie Trad, Palaszczuk's #2 under a corruption investigation. They are probably going to lose South Brisbane too regardless of whether Trad stands for re-election or not, it went pretty close last election before this current furore.
Hasn't she been under a corruption cloud for years? Baffling selection as Deputy Premier, although I'm not sure of the faction situation up there.

Hasn't she been under a corruption cloud for years? Baffling selection as Deputy Premier, although I'm not sure of the faction situation up there.
Qld Labor since Beatie has always been dodgy, Mind you the Nats were worse. It's a different country up there.

I'm not against the government buying Virgin, but their financials we're woeful, and model was fundamentally flawed. If they turned the carrier into a regional hub, and took the focus of international travel for now, that could buy them a few years..

So she gets to go to the Olympic Games opening ceremony that she claimed she didn't want to go to but was 'ordered to' by John Coates? Do they really think we are that stupid?

Unfortunately for Anna, John Coates is as dumb as a box of frogs and spilled that it was all part of a plan to help the Premier break her promise and see the show.

So she gets to go to the Olympic Games opening ceremony that she claimed she didn't want to go to but was 'ordered to' by John Coates? Do they really think we are that stupid?

Unfortunately for Anna, John Coates is as dumb as a box of frogs and spilled that it was all part of a plan to help the Premier break her promise and see the show.

Even Coates is not that ignorant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back