twentydollarnote

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
tottenham
Work has given me one of these, i briefly had an iphone until i lost it and as far as i can tell epads are just a big iphone without the ability to make a call? oh and it appears most websites have ipad apps as opposed to android apps. Is there any upside i’m missing?

What do you actually do?

I'm very shortly about to put our sales staff and onsite production people on IPads; but it'll be set up with shared calendars and a custom FileMaker Database for Customer Relations Management, Sales/Pricing/Product Data and Project Management.

Really excited about it as it'll kill off a ton of paperwork, centralise everything and be a hell of a lot more convenient and simple.

ePads are rubbish hardware - That has nothing to do with Android, and everything to do with poor manufacturing and design.

The upcoming Android tablets that feature Android 3.0 (specially designed for tablet use) will be impressive, but for the most part, I'd rather just have a decent laptop.

Zero use. Unless you want a crappy gaming device or terrible ereader (l2kindle), just get a laptop.

What do you actually do?

I'm very shortly about to put our sales staff and onsite production people on IPads; but it'll be set up with shared calendars and a custom FileMaker Database for Customer Relations Management, Sales/Pricing/Product Data and Project Management.

Really excited about it as it'll kill off a ton of paperwork, centralise everything and be a hell of a lot more convenient and simple.

We’re going to be using them in a hospital with the same sort of stuff you're talking about i think, it’s basically designed to cut out the paper work and make it easier to monitor what supplies they need to get for us and organise things a bit better.

I was just interested if there are any other non-work features, for instance i wouldn't mind getting the advertiser on it instead of a hard copy if the electronic version is actually half decent, but i had a look on their website and they're only offering an ipad app as far as i can tell. If it could easily connect to your computer or a network to view files or print it would be handy as well.

It might do some of those things i haven’t had enough time to muck around with it yet, i just thought i'd get some tips here first.:D

ePads are rubbish hardware - That has nothing to do with Android, and everything to do with poor manufacturing and design.

The upcoming Android tablets that feature Android 3.0 (specially designed for tablet use) will be impressive, but for the most part, I'd rather just have a decent laptop.

A few people at work did comment it was the cheap ass solution, but does the hardware even matter for what it's used for? ie viewing files, schedules or games.

One downside with android from a non-work perspective is there seems to be less websites with android apps compared to ipad apps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back