AngryRanga

Yo Yeah
Sep 6, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Toby Greene, Man City, Timberwolves
AR WOE.jpg

On the back of a match thread with the Furies, I have compiled a list of the most redundant, boring and monotonous posts that are rife in the SFA. Some of you may find this post confronting, because you are a sinner. But it's okay, so am I. If any of us were creative or amusing we'd probably have a job of some sort. A noticeable omission is "Nice Melt", which is actually the pinnacle of social commentary.

We are operating on a name-and-shame basis.

6. The Bye

When good posters enter a matchthread, they often post something witty and vaguely amusing to kick off proceedings. League deviants prefer to utilise a timeless classic called "lol so we have the bye this week, week off fellas!!". "Timeless", as in, this post was not amusing at any time in the past, present or future. A spin-off Round 1 special is "Thanks for easing us into the season!".

The only acceptable usage of this comment is against the S23 Geelong Wolves. The best match poster in the league used this tactic deftly, drawing no response.

Yay bye week

5. Slightly Ironic Pun Usage

As a member of the Bears, this is an issue that hits close to home. Posters know that by posting the most obvious pun in the book, they aren't being entertaining. But somehow they justify their pun as ironic usage. An example is using "wonder" in banter against the Wonders. Perpetrators of this crime include EJW, philreich and TIA.

Some of this banter is so unBEARable we need to result to puns or dad jokes...
I wonder how likable they'll be by the end of next season

4. Oversaturated Reaction GIF/Meme

Don't get me wrong, a good memeing or reaction gif is this league's . However, someone has to take a stand against experienced posters, who have been hanging around for years, using generic and simplified images. If you source your gif collection by searching "funny reaction gif" into Google images, rather than toiling for hours on the dark web, you are doing it wrong. If you are still laughing at any of these display gifs you have amazing resiliency. Loonerty was the inspiration for this category, due to subpar usage of Anchorman references.

67229073.jpg
colbert.gif

Bonus points for any image that has Chris Pratt in it.

Hit that subscribe button down below and I'll hit you with the last three scintillating categories.

View attachment 400911

On the back of a match thread with the Furies, I have compiled a list of the most redundant, boring and monotonous posts that are rife in the SFA. Some of you may find this post confronting, because you are a sinner. But it's okay, so am I. If any of us were creative or amusing we'd probably have a job of some sort. A noticeable omission is "Nice Melt", which is actually the pinnacle of social commentary.

We are operating on a name-and-shame basis.

6. The Bye

When good posters enter a matchthread, they often post something witty and vaguely amusing to kick off proceedings. League deviants prefer to utilise a timeless classic called "lol so we have the bye this week, week off fellas!!". "Timeless", as in, this post was not amusing at any time in the past, present or future. A spin-off Round 1 special is "Thanks for easing us into the season!".

The only acceptable usage of this comment is against the S23 Geelong Wolves. The best match poster in the league used this tactic deftly, drawing no response.

5. Slightly Ironic Pun Usage

As a member of the Bears, this is an issue that hits close to home. Posters know that by posting the most obvious pun in the book, they aren't being entertaining. But somehow they justify their pun as ironic usage. An example is using "wonder" in banter against the Wonders. Perpetrators of this crime include EJW, philreich and TIA.

4. Oversaturated Reaction GIF/Meme

Don't get me wrong, a good memeing or reaction gif is this league's . However, someone has to take a stand against experienced posters, who have been hanging around for years, using generic and simplified images. If you source your gif collection by searching "funny reaction gif" into Google images, rather than toiling for hours on the dark web, you are doing it wrong. If you are still laughing at any of these display gifs you have amazing resiliency. Loonerty was the inspiration for this category, due to subpar usage of Anchorman references.

View attachment 400912
colbert.gif

Bonus points for any image that has Chris Pratt in it.

Hit that subscribe button down below and I'll hit you with the last three scintillating categories.

Nice Melt.
Unbearable thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dark web gets such a bad wrap. I do most of my grocery shopping on there, deliver fresh produce straight to your door step. The only down side is the monotonous weaving through kiddy fiddler forums.
I also dislike when I'm doing my groceries and I accidentally end up on kiddy fiddler forums for 5 hours. Relatable.

Nice Melt.
Unbearable thread.
I made this thread with full knowledge that someone would do this. Great bants.
AR i implore you to go back through the Furies v LVB thread and pick one of Avatarps posts that's not a gif, image or bloody meme.
Stupid expansion side is stupid.

/rant
Please refer to my disclaimer, we are all sinners.
Hey I like this.

Still don't know who OP is though.

That's the point of this stupid. Don't worry, you are in the firing line soon enough my friend.

AngryRanga you have failed to take into account the feelings of the 'banter impaired'.

Not everyone is an 'uberbanterer' like us. Gifs and SFA memes their only tool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back