No Oppo Supporters ASAGA - The Final Chapter - Appeal Dismissed (Page 12) - The End

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm still bitter about the abuse of process that victimised the players and officials of the EFC. Don't think I'll get over it, particularly if Jobe loses his medal. The damage that was inflicted was devastating on a personal level to so many including supporters and members. No forgiveness and no forgetting.

Political parties/Government are the biggest culprits in the whole mess - The truth or variations of the truth will eventually be released.

When it came to light that the darkest day in sport involved mixing up Hong Kong Dollars with Australian Dollars, I knew that the process and outcome was going to be corrupted by politics every step of the way.

I have similar sentiments (especially trying to make sure that any dollar I spend on anything relating to Australian Rules goes purely to Essendon and no-one else). But I also take a slightly different approach.

The memory of that ********* Demetriou basically doing his last interview in the job while being cornered in a car park - and essentially having to exit the job in disgrace - was one of the most important things that helped me deal with the whole saga. That the Hirds more or less took him down with them was great.

Holding on to some sense of optimism (vague and misguided, though it might be) that campaigners like McLachlan and McDeviant might one day get their rightful comeuppance also has much the same effect.

At the very least, I suspect one day that the conscience of someone, somewhere who was inside ASADA, the AFL and/or another club will get the better of them ... and they'll release at least some of the real truth and/or the details of what was also going on with the supplements programs at other clubs.
It will always mystify me that, despite being the biggest scandal in Australian sporting history, there will never be any weighty review of the conduct or processes of the AFL. Nor any sort of spotlight or even casual questioning from the media. The focus and scrutiny were fixed on the EFC and ASADA throughout which suited the AFL down to the ground.

It will always mystify me that, despite being the biggest scandal in Australian sporting history, there will never be any weighty review of the conduct or processes of the AFL. Nor any sort of spotlight or even casual questioning from the media. The focus and scrutiny were fixed on the EFC and ASADA throughout which suited the AFL down to the ground.

The role of the two Government's during this time is more important - It's because of the Government the Essendon 34 ended up at the CAS Tribunal.

The role of the two Government's during this time is more important - It's because of the Government the Essendon 34 ended up at the CAS Tribunal.
one government who wanted to push us into the headlines to get themselves out of it, and the next who didn't want to touch it with a 50 foot pole... so frustrating

What is the truth at this point? I mean that as what and said by who given all that we've heard over the past few years would be a 100% believable source that you could 100% take at their word with no cynicism? Like, if someone came to you with a book and said here, this is the 100% truth of every single angle involved, and it was, would you actually be able to take it at face value?

I don't think I explained what I wanted to say well but I hope someone gets the point.

one government who wanted to push us into the headlines to get themselves out of it, and the next who didn't want to touch it with a 50 foot pole... so frustrating

First part of your post is correct - 2nd part is the Liberal Government who got Judge Downes to review ASADA's case, then gave ASADA 100K to go to the CAS hearing, even though ASADA refused to appeal to the AFL's Anti-Doping Tribunal as the next step in the process - There is a reason why there is no Senate Enquiry.

As much as it would be a nice moment to one day read a report that says we were hard done by etc - I can't see it ever happening.

it was what it was, a lot of damage was done and thank **** it's over. Bit like my last relationship :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peter Dutton was a WADA board member and the current minister for sport, Sussan Ley, is also on the WADA board. Goes some way to explain her comments regarding the Essendon 34. Seems like the libs are pretty cosy with WADA overall.

First part of your post is correct - 2nd part is the Liberal Government who got Judge Downes to review ASADA's case, then gave ASADA 100K to go to the CAS hearing, even though ASADA refused to appeal to the AFL's Anti-Doping Tribunal as the next step in the process - There is a reason why there is no Senate Enquiry.
After the ALP had its hands all over this and having the LNP opposition call them out on it, the last thing they wanted to do was do what they were criticizing the ALP for and get their hands on it.
The Abbott cabinets plan was to let the investigation run its course, then launch a senate inquiry with the express purpose of exposing the ALPs handling of it. They had no interest in Essendons guilt or innocence, they just wanted to expose the complete screw up that ASADA was with the purpose of smearing the ALP.

The Turnbull Cabinet on the other hand doesnt see many political points to be won from this so don't expect them to push too hard for any inquiry

I think someone needs to have a quiet word to Des Hasler, we know where this thinking can lead....

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-leag...-technology-in-title-bid-20160914-grgdyl.html

NRL clubs are always searching for a new gizmos or innovation to get the jump on their rivals. Des Hasler is one of the game's great pioneers, exposing his players to calves blood and beetroot juice as part of pre-game rituals.

The Canterbury coach also introduced his players to Military Energy Gum, which has six times the caffeine of a cup of coffee, in a bid to improve performance. Gherkin juice was spotted on the Manly bench earlier in the year, presumably to reduce cramping, while South Sydney wore Boxa Protocol blood-energising chips and ice fluid treatment under their wrist strapping during their premiership year.

I think someone needs to have a quiet word to Des Hasler, we know where this thinking can lead....

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-leag...-technology-in-title-bid-20160914-grgdyl.html

Articles like this and the one about the Hawks leading the sports science injection race just show how open it is to interpretation as to what is innovative, pioneering or experimental...

I've got no doubt that the hierarchy of EFC thought they were being innovative and possibly best in class with the supplements program - probably a good argument it was. Then demetriou and Evans bring in their mate Ziggy and it's all of a sudden experimental, unproven and dangerous as opposed to innovative and pioneering...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back