Multiplat Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Remove this Banner Ad

At least in Odyssey it was almost entirely optional besides a few brief story parts.

I was one that couldn't stand the ship stuff in Black Flag, thought with Odyssey it wasn't too bad because I actively wanted to get to those islands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game informer has a few details.

Make or female protagonist. Customisable.

Levels gone but skill trees in.

Combat is crunchy and weighty.

Raids are in (no mention if they meant Destiny style).

Assassin gameplay still in. Hidden blade in.

Sigh Layla storyline is back.
I assume the raids will be similar to the Conquest Battles in Odyssey then

They just need to drop the modern day stuff. No one cares about it.

I did with Desmond but the current stuff is terrible. It could have been so good, too.

The current day stuff just has to be better. It's the very reason why each game exists.

I used to think it only existed to give us a modern day AC game but that was many games ago, should have died along with Desmond, it's so cringe and boring.

I used to think it only existed to give us a modern day AC game but that was many games ago, should have died along with Desmond, it's so cringe and boring.

I'm hoping Desmond's dad comes back for this one. Unfair to include him in Origins but completely forgotten in Odyssey. Inb4 some cheesy Desmond resurrection using some first civ technology. The modern day stuff is to create a reason to go into the Animus at a certain period to do something rather than just being randomly plonked for some arbitrary reason. It's an important part of the story but the fact that not many care means they need to do something better with it. It did feel better with Desmond vs Abstergo though. It's lacking that currently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back