Assistant coach (forward) - Daniel Jordan
Assistant coach (ruck) - Tom Bellchambers
Development coach & VFL Senior Coach – Leigh Tudor

Development coach & VFL Assistant Coach – Cameron Roberts
(VFL assistant?) - Bernard Sheppard
(VFL forward?) - Jacob Thompson
(VFL defence?) - Marcus Barham

Last edited by a moderator:
The pro scout role is one we have never had but a few clubs in recent years have had. I does fit in with opposition analysis as it is more about scouting AFL listed players rather than the under 18 stuff.
As for the other part. Seems to be a role to make them keep parting with their money.
I thought Rob Harding/Alan Richardson had been referred to as forward scouts at stages?

I thought Rob Harding/Alan Richardson had been referred to as forward scouts at stages?
They where but they where not part of the recruiting department as well which is what the pro scout role is.

Is Harvey's 'dual role' just dodging soft cap restrictions?

I know someone who posed something very similar to another club (part of Harveys new role combined with another) and they wouldn't touch it.

Its different times now of course with all clubs feeling the pinch with cutbacks so maybe they AFL will allow more of these types of positions.

Last edited:
The ones that have coteries have people to liaise with said coteries, yes
There's been a reshuffle in our administration department, I got an email about it as part of our player sponsor contact. On face value I thought they'd left a hole in contacts but it appears Harvs will fill that.

So what do we think now? Stevie J as a midfield coach? Surey Tudor gets a promotion? For me we just make Cara as the "senior assistant" and not bother with line coaching for him.

Head Coach: Ben Rutten
Senior Assistant: Blake Caracella

Back line: Leigh Tudor
Midfield: Steve Johnson
Stoppages: James Kelly
Forward line: Dan Jordan

Development: Corrigan?

So what do we think now? Stevie J as a midfield coach? Surey Tudor gets a promotion? For me we just make Cara as the "senior assistant" and not bother with line coaching for him.

Needs more Geelong connections

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, Corrigan can stay. Stevie J forwards. And Egan head coach again. Purrfect.
Hmm. But the question is who do we get for the VFL line coaches?

Is Harvey's 'dual role' just dodging soft cap restrictions?

I know someone who posed something very similar to another club (part of Harveys new role combined with another) and they wouldn't touch it.

Its different times now of course with all clubs feeling the pinch with cutbacks so maybe they AFL will allow more of these types of positions.
It is . Spread his salary over recruiting and admin.
I suspect going forward there will be VFL players who will also have part time coaching roles. Hawthorn where actually setting that up this year with Box Hill.

Given Jordan was a last minute decision as fwd coach, do we look for a candidate to come in there...esp with how dire we were this year.
And it's Jordan, keep him, if not he gets the VFL gig back.

I'd like Corey to come in as midfield coach.
Gun at Geelong. Been in a couple of good systems as line coach. He and Kelly working the mids & stoppages would be good.
SJ perhaps for forwards?

Dean Solomon?
dan Jordan couldn’t be reappointed surely
our forward line was ineffectual and did not pressure

He might be too engrossed with his media career, but I think Luke Hodge, in any capacity, would be an astute appointment. Hearing stories and personal accounts from players when he joined Brisbane sounds like he was one to drive standards, something we need more of.

I like our line up as is but Dan Jordan needs to go. Our forward line this year has been beyond pathetic, especially defensive structures. I have never seen a club waltz so easily out of D50 to F50 than I have this year. Need a bloke who is more qualified and frankly knows what they're doing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back