Athletics faces new doping crisis after ‘biggest leak’ of test results

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought I read in here somewhere that Essendon had been hard done by.

Didn't you hear they have 12 'good blokes' unfairly banned for 12 months by some foreign kangaroo court based in Switzerland in breach of their human rights due to the WADA biased court using a burden of proof that unjust as they were found guilty for something that there is no proof for, furthermore they got told everything was legal thus not their fault anyway!

Can't believe you have not heard this and call yourself a HTB regular...

:D:D:D:D

Isn't it amazing the difference between IAAF and AFL. One is now showing that it's important to be clean, the other just that the image of being clean is important (as long as it doesn't lose too much money and doesn't affect "good blokes".
this is the same IAAF that took bribes to hide Russian positive tests.
eventually their hand was forced by a journalist (Hajo Seppelt) and they had to act, but even then the first reaction from Seb Coe was to try to discredit him rather than address the allegations and admit there is a massive problem.

the AFL looks like a pillar of integrity compared to the IAAF

this is the same IAAF that took bribes to hide Russian positive tests.
eventually their hand was forced by a journalist (Hajo Seppelt) and they had to act, but even then the first reaction from Seb Coe was to try to discredit him rather than address the allegations and admit there is a massive problem.

the AFL looks like a pillar of integrity compared to the IAAF
You mean like the AFL that covered it up until their hand was forced by the ACC and had to act, but even then their first reaction was to warn the club they knew were doping so they could destroy the evidence and obfuscate rather than address the allegations...

Where is there a tiny bit of integrity there, let alone a whole pillar?

You mean like the AFL that covered it up until their hand was forced by the ACC and had to act, but even then their first reaction was to warn the club they knew were doping so they could destroy the evidence and obfuscate rather than address the allegations...

Where is there a tiny bit of integrity there, let alone a whole pillar?
the IAAF has been sanctioning and profiteering from doping for years. nothing the AFL has done even remotely compares. im not saying they're squeaky clean but the IAAF is a whole different level of corrupt and shouldnt be used as a shining example of anti doping and clean sport

the IAAF has been sanctioning and profiteering from doping for years. nothing the AFL has done even remotely compares. im not saying they're squeaky clean but the IAAF is a whole different level of corrupt and shouldnt be used as a shining example of anti doping and clean sport
tous dope, tout dope, funny to hear the Gate Keepers like Andy Maher and Francis Leach on SEN talk about this, then switch to Caro shibboleths, i forgot to add, Frannie Leach is evo's BFF. each to their own and all. My favourite is woosher Wallace or whatever his name is, Plough, tractor, everything he says is so profound, no wonder he made a great coach, on the IQ as used prophylactic metric, he rates above Danny Frawley, just.

And it may move on from just athletics ... it's cutting it very tight to enforce any further actions though - might just be trigger to cancel/ postpone/ move a debt-ridden, dirty and diseased plagued, celebration of international sport?

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...6-olympics-more-sports-allegations-sochi-2014

" A blanket ban on Russian athletes competing at the Rio Olympics could be recommended by the World Anti-Doping Agency if accusations of state-sponsored doping at Sochi 2014 are proved.
Describing what might come from the McLaren inquiry, which is due to report no later than 15 July, as “another high-profile moment”, Reedie said: “If the allegations are true, we will respond thoroughly and effectively.” Reedie’s comments follow an interview Pound gave to The Sunday Timesin which he described a complete Olympic ban for Russia as “the nuclear option ... but not impossible”.
Meanwhile Wada’s new director general, Olivier Niggli, said that, while it had no powers to ban countries or sports directly, it could make a recommendation. “It’s not impossible for other Russian sports to miss the Olympics,” he said. “The IAAF has set some interesting precedent. There are going to be some timing issues – we are very close to Rio. I think there might be different actions based on the timing of all of this.”

When asked whether he thought the International Olympic Committee needed to consider whether Russia should in Rio he replied: “All our stakeholders need to take their responsibility depending on what the report says. Yes, I think this will be a question that is put to them.” "

And bring the Russian athletics shenanigans back full circle to our own, grubby little doping-in-many-sports saga ...

A common catalyst. At least our state was making a token effort to investigate links - even if it then became a political show pony at the expense of completing the investigation thoroughly. :rolleyes:

Probably a good one for a blackcat interpretation!

http://declanhill.com/sports-russian-mafia/

And bring the Russian athletics shenanigans back full circle to our own, grubby little doping-in-many-sports saga ...

A common catalyst. At least our state was making a token effort to investigate links - even if it then became a political show pony at the expense of completing the investigation thoroughly. :rolleyes:

Probably a good one for a blackcat interpretation!

http://declanhill.com/sports-russian-mafia/
And translation to simple Inglish

more fun...apparently Mo is a good friend of Jama Aden (not one his athletes though)

357EA0A400000578-3651196-image-m-5_1466453813772.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...ma-Aden-EPO-banned-substances-hotel-room.html

missed drug tests, the allegations against Salazar, links with Aden...and amazing mid career improvements.
does anyone who isnt British still believe Mo is clean?

The softening begins. Does this mean that there will be a widening of the Russian ban to other Olympic sports, I wonder?

If you were a clean athlete in any other Russian Olympic sport, it might pay to avoid the rush and start some early enquiries

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...n-athletes-to-appeal-iaaf-blanket-ban/7531368

Any competitor from Russia or Kenya wishing to take part in the Rio Olympics will need to be individually evaluated and declared eligible by their sport's international federation, Olympic chief Thomas Bach says.

The special measure is being introduced because of the unsatisfactory state of anti-doping bodies in the two countries, which Bach said put "very serious doubts on the presumption of innocence".

Russian track and field athletes remain banned from Rio after the International Olympic Committee offered "respect, approval and support" for the blanket ban on them, extended on Friday by world athletics' governing body for systemic doping.

But Bach, speaking at the end of a doping summit, gave a limited number of the Russian athletes a chance to compete for their country in Brazil despite the ban.

He said any Russian athlete cleared by the world athletics body IAAF or the Court of Arbitration for Sport as clean and eligible would compete under the Russian flag.

Russian Olympic Committee (ROC) chief Aleksander Zhukov, meanwhile, said clean Russian athletes would appeal the "legally indefensible" ban at the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Any athletes who succeed in their appeal would compete under the Russian flag, Bach said, not an Olympic or neutral one.

"The position is very clear: we respect this [IAAF] decision. We advised today that athletes and/or the ROC may appeal," Bach said.

"This is the good right of everybody. We expect the results of these potential court cases.

"If there are [Russian] athletes qualified then they will compete as members of the Russian Olympic Committee team."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what people forget, dopers just don't risk harm to themselves. They undermine the fabric of the competition. If non dopers are treated the same as dopers what will future sportspeople think when offered the option of a PED. May as well!
Can see the need for lifetime ban from all sports if caught cheating.
Current measures are not working and the penalties are being laughed at.

fun times :)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap...-arrested-hotel-raid-produces-EPO-traces.html
quite probably dobbed in by one of his ex athletes David Torrence

now lets get those Operation Puerto blood bags tested...i reckon there's a few Aussie cyclists who arent sleeping too well right now.

I thought Stephens was the only client of Fuentes and made admissions already I think under the illusion he thought they were vitamins. (Insert Spike McVeigh joke here )

I thought Stephens was the only client of Fuentes and made admissions already I think under the illusion he thought they were vitamins. (Insert Spike McVeigh joke here )
i was under the impression that Rogers and O'Grady were also mentioned or linked somehow...its been a while, i might be wrong.

This is what people forget, dopers just don't risk harm to themselves. They undermine the fabric of the competition. If non dopers are treated the same as dopers what will future sportspeople think when offered the option of a PED. May as well!
Can see the need for lifetime ban from all sports if caught cheating.
Current measures are not working and the penalties are being laughed at.
the penalty is only part of the problem. its the lack of will to do anything about it thats killing the sport.
the testing is a joke, the administration is a joke, governing bodies are corrupt, agents and coaches encourage athletes to cheat, sponsors pay big money to convicted drug cheats, drug cheats are employed in the industry post career.

no one seems to give a s**t and i doubt the threat of lifetime bans will change that.

i was under the impression that Rogers and O'Grady were also mentioned or linked somehow...its been a while, i might be wrong.

My mistake Allan Davis was the other. I had not heard about Rogers or O'Grady in relation to Puerto but nothing would surprise me. Rogers was T Mobile wasn't he and O'Grady already busted but also at CSC with Riis.

The other thing is you have Stephens and White (Suspended for U.S Postal investigation)as the 2 senior management and Davis (Was never busted TBH just caught up in the investigation) and O'Grady (Team Captain) as senior riders at Orica Greenedge.

One of the Yates brothers just copped a suspension (3 or 6 month) and team took responsibility for not getting a TUE (Asthma medication it was I am pretty sure).

Cycling is changing though right

Very intersting read, background story behind the whistle-blowers.
Hard to see the Rio ban not extending beyond just athletics.
If Vitaly is worried about safety whilst in the US though, I'd be amazed that she competes in Rio (if she can clear the IAAF pre-assessment).

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/06/2...typ=cur&_r=0&referer=https://t.co/z17SĺTRxMVw

The Marriage That Led to the Russian Track Team’s Olympic Ban
A doping track star and an anti-doping officer get married, nearly divorce, then blow the whistle on Russia’s state-run cheating.

My mistake Allan Davis was the other. I had not heard about Rogers or O'Grady in relation to Puerto but nothing would surprise me. Rogers was T Mobile wasn't he and O'Grady already busted but also at CSC with Riis.

The other thing is you have Stephens and White (Suspended for U.S Postal investigation)as the 2 senior management and Davis (Was never busted TBH just caught up in the investigation) and O'Grady (Team Captain) as senior riders at Orica Greenedge.

One of the Yates brothers just copped a suspension (3 or 6 month) and team took responsibility for not getting a TUE (Asthma medication it was I am pretty sure).

Cycling is changing though right

i assume that line was said in jest?

cos if it aint, the epilogue is just wrong. FFC_RoyBoys

I should have put a o_O at the end of the sentence
sry, should have seen the narrative and ur posts AC.

but I myself would be a damn hypocrite, because i always engage Poe's law, by putting as a caveat, #Poe's_law... I never seek to clarify the ambiguity of the satire

Poe's law is an internet adage which states that, without a clear indicator of the author's intent, parodies of extremism are indistinguishable from sincere expressions of extremism. Poe's Law implies that parody will often be mistaken for sincere belief, and sincere beliefs for parody.
Poe's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law

more fun...apparently Mo is a good friend of Jama Aden (not one his athletes though)

357EA0A400000578-3651196-image-m-5_1466453813772.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...ma-Aden-EPO-banned-substances-hotel-room.html

missed drug tests, the allegations against Salazar, links with Aden...and amazing mid career improvements.
does anyone who isnt British still believe Mo is clean?
still believe?

I put him thru the blackcat algorithm i developed with evo and queen of the succour moms J 61_99

qualified through three rounds to the final of the 1500 or was it 5k and 10k, cos they have not three rounds...
tick

podium
tick

home Olympics motivation and intestinal fortitude
tick

income incentive by major sponsors like Nike
tick

= blackat algorhithm and Dexter say

"perfect match guilty"

still believe?

I put him thru the blackcat algorithm i developed with evo and queen of the succour moms J 61_99

qualified through three rounds to the final of the 1500 or was it 5k and 10k, cos they have not three rounds...
tick

podium
tick

home Olympics motivation and intestinal fortitude
tick

income incentive by major sponsors like Nike
tick

= blackat algorhithm and Dexter say

"perfect match guilty"

FFC_RoyBoys I could say also, head size increase (salient qualifier is increase), and the subcutaneous tissue (fat)... but evo would ask me about my qualifications in phrenology and the x-rays to prove the skull has got larger, and a year ten biology dissection to see if he has lost the fat tissue or had the fat tissue before... damn u and ur questions evo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back