Competition Australian Association of Basketball: Announcement and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

PSA:
The original plan was to have each team face every other team in its conference twice, and every team in the opposing conference once, however, this would lead to a 33 round season, and I can't see that being sustainable, so I'm moving to each team playing every other team once.

Conference standings will remain, leading to an NBA style playoff series, with the top 5 teams in both conference qualifying.

PSA:
The original plan was to have each team face every other team in its conference twice, and every team in the opposing conference once, however, this would lead to a 33 round season, and I can't see that being sustainable, so I'm moving to each team playing every other team once.

Conference standings will remain, leading to an NBA style playoff series, with the top 5 teams in both conference qualifying.
How will a 10-team playoffs work? Wildcards?

5-Team-Single-Elimination.gif

Round 1
Game 1
fourth v fifth

Round 2
Game 2
first v winner game 1

Game 3
second v third

Round 3
Game 4
winner game 2 v winner game 3

33 round season would be sustainable if you did daily polls or something. I dunno, would work given how basketball has a lot of back-to-backs, hell I'd be happy to assist you NM_Mitchell :)

33 round season would be sustainable if you did daily polls or something. I dunno, would work given how basketball has a lot of back-to-backs, hell I'd be happy to assist you NM_Mitchell :)
That's crazy commitment but hats off to anyone that pulls that off. Would make a fourth uni more worthwhile too.

I'm not worried about how often I'd be able to get the polls up, it's more keeping people interested and voting almost everyday.

I'm worried that by the time we get to finals no one will care all that much anymore. Maybe I'm being a little pessimistic after my most recent effort of running the FJ&GD WHC that had like 20 entrants and got less than half of that in votes.

I tend to agree that 33 rounds is too many unless we're getting like a round a day, and that's a tall order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone confirm how the player thing is going to work so I can figure out how to name and number my concepts please?

and what is CCSLC???
The abbreviation for Chris Creamers Sports Logo Community
Chris Creamer is based out of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He runs a logo database website. it happens to have a forum with jersey templates and such related items.

Can someone confirm how the player thing is going to work so I can figure out how to name and number my concepts please?

Chris Creamer is based out of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He runs a logo database website. it happens to have a forum with jersey templates and such related items.
Just pick a player for your kits (can be different players for each kit).
Try not to use someone that was selected in the bidding process by another poster.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back