Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters

BobbyMorri

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Scunny, Furth
Osaka first 3 titles have been the biggest 3 hard courts on the actual tour. Indian Wells, and the 2 Grand Slams. Amazing.

I don't think she should be favourite for the French or Wimbledon. Her biggest tests were the slicers in the tour(Sevastova, Su Wei), which will get worst on clay. At Wimbledon, I think she will need to work on her 2nd serve. I like Kvitova or Serena more. In saying that, Kerber won it last year so who knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hamingja

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Osaka first 3 titles have been the biggest 3 hard courts on the actual tour. Indian Wells, and the 2 Grand Slams. Amazing.
It's a mini phenomenon on the women's side. The French open was Ostapenko's first title and while Mug and Kerber have 5 grand slams they have about dozen titles in total between them IIRC.

AFL Club
Gold Coast
I really hate this deciding point at deuce thing (yes I know why they have done it, but I don't like it).
I don't mind no-ad scoring, it might one day become a rule in singles. Advantage sets are history, advantage points could well be next.

For Mixed Doubles, I like the first rule below, but like many others, hate the second rule for any form of tennis:
- the 7th point served in mixed-doubles is served from the server to the receiver of the same gender
- the receiver (not the server) decides which service court (right or left) to receive

Top Bottom