Grand Slam Australian Open - Day 6

Which match are you most looking forward to?

• Tauson-Collins

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
And like a bat out of hell, the first week is nearly done. Yesterday was a ripping day, with Alcaraz-Berrettini and Osaka-Anisimova being potential "match of the tournament" contenders. Barty Monfils, Azarenka Zverev all through relatively easy and a bit harder for Badosa, Shapovalov and Krejcikova. Today, I think they got RLA and MCA confused. Tauson Collins as a RLA match. i know it is early morning and no one will be in attendance, but geech. Okay I wonder if Tom Couch is still her boyfriend. i guess Collins has made the Semis here...

Weather 33 Hot, Sunny day. Winds northerly 15 to 20 km/h shifting east to southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h in the early afternoon.

RLA
11am
Tauson-Collins
Kanepi-Inglis
Tsitsipas-Paire
7pm
De Minaur-Andujar
Pavlychenkova-Cirstea

MCA
11am
Zidansek-Cornet
Sabalenka-Vondrousova
Medvedev-Van de Zandschulp
7pm
Swiatek-Kasatkina
Rublev-Cilic

John Cena Arena
Halep-Kovinic - 12.30pm
Auger Aliassime-Evans - 6.30pm

Aussies in Action
O'Connell - Cressy 4pm, Court 3

Andujar vs. [32] De Minaur
[Q] Daniel vs. [11] Sinner

[15] Bautista vs. [20] Fritz
Paire vs. [4] Tsitsipas

[5] Rublev vs. [27] Cilic
[24] Evans vs. [9] Auger-Aliassime

[WC] O'Connell vs. Cressy
[2] Medvedev vs. Van de Zandschulp
[27] Collins vs. Tauson
[19] Mertens vs. Zhang

[14] Halep vs. Kovinic
Cornet vs. [29] Zidansek

[7] Swiatek vs. [25] Kasatkina
Cirstea vs. [10] Pavlyuchenkova

Kanepi vs. [WC] Inglis
[31] Vondrousova vs. [2] Sabalenka

O'Connell - Cressy is a weird match to have on Court 3. But I expect Ch.7 wanted that time slot. Cressy is in top form and will be hard to beat. Kanepi is a quality player who loves a top 10 win at a slam. Inglis will also be up against it but there are worst draws. it is a shame there is a new toilet rule, as Tsitsipas would have driven Paire mad, and that is always a good watch. Still a good chance to happen. Okay, struggling here. Sabalenka-Vondrousova and Auger Aliassime-Evans should be highlight matches, especially to see how many double faults Sabalenka can dish up. One thing I would have loved would be Medvedev on John Cena or a showcourt, so he can troll the "low IQ" spectators who are more likely to lurk there.

March of the Day
Swiatek-Kasatkina
Kasatkina has been in good form. Swiatek has dismantled all opponents, apart from Barty, who dismantled her. I will be honest, it is not a great day. I was half tempted to say Tauson-Collins as the organisers must know something I don't.

If I had my time again, I would have made the poll "Tauson-Collins" and "not Tauson-Collins". Alas, failure.....

All matches can be found here

One thing I would have loved would be Medvedev on John Cena or a showcourt, so he can troll the "low IQ" spectators who are more likely to lurk there.

Missed op right here by the Open organizers. Huge. :thumbsdownv1::roflv1:

Great line up today, looking forward to it.

Tauson is looking good atm to cause an upset on CC.

Nicks apparently got threatened by the coach and trainer of he and thanasi’s opponents yesterday who tried to start a fight in the locker room after the loss

Interesting that talk about the bad manners of Aussie fans and spectators is coming from players and their hangers on from Croatia and Russia. As we all know, fans in those countries are well known for the respectful way they treat the opposition. Especially if they are coloured or from a minority group.

Not exactly sure why they've decided to schedule a big block of women's matches to start followed by all the men's. Surely it would be better to mix it up throughout the day.

Two good early woman's matches on TV right now though, which is almost a miracle in the first week. o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collins meets all the criteria of the loud, obnoxious American abroad.
So is it Aussie Dani then. As far as I know she's still going out with Paul Couch's son. He was the one on the receiving end of her blow up at Roland Garros a couple of years ago.

Collins meets all the criteria of the loud, obnoxious American abroad.
So is it Aussie Dani then. As far as I know she's still going out with Paul Couch's son. He was the one on the receiving end of her blow up at Roland Garros a couple of years ago.
I remember that outburst, she seems high maintenance

Back