Competition Away Guernsey Of The Week 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Each week i will make a thread called create an away Guernsey,i will select a afl team each week and we will have a comp to design a away jumper for them.When it finishes we will have a poll and decide the winner

Third Week
Team:Essendon Bombers
Max 4 Entry's Per Person
Finishes:10/10/09

EssendonClashDesign13-1.png

EssendonClashDesign14.png

One I designed a while ago, incorporates the bomber jet with the sash. Sorta resonates a Nazi feel, don't you think?

Next one was inspired by AC Milan's (also red and black) white away kit. The three sash stripes, as well as being subtle advertising for adidas, are coloured jet streams in the same pattern as AC's shoulder stripes.

Before you say, "Not another soccer-inspired jumper!", this is a combination of Chelsea's (same sponsors as Essendon - adidas and Samsung) current third kit and the "Bronx Bombers" (New York Yankees)'s famous vertical blue pinstripes. (I used the EFC monogram that appeared on the Bombers' old mosquito mascot to replicate the Yankees NY).

I had so many ideas for this week, and its a pity I can only submit 3. But here is the one I was going to put in, a Royal Australian Air Force sponsored kit, featuring the colours and design of the RAAF roundel and flag. The Kangaroo is obviously replaced by the bomber, which is encircled by the quarter-circle sash.

posts jumpers

The first 2 I'd love to see as training jumpers or something. Even if they just existed'in some jumper form, I'd wear them.

The 3rd one- How'd you get Essendon out of Chelsea and the Yankees? We have the same sponsors as Chelsea but your mind oustounds me (don't ever take that as an insult though)... I dont really know what to say about it but you probably should've had red/black instead of blue just to make it actually Essendon related.

4th- You're too creative for your own good... The jumper could actually be an ANZAC day promotion. It wouldn't be worn while playing because it's Essendon and we like to throw fits about our jumper but as merchandise it could work.

Edit: Number 2 would be better with silver instead of white, just so it's less St. Kilda-ish

When I think of bombers I think of war, the army, air force, so on. So I've always wondered what a camouflage Essendon jumper would look like.
EssendonCamoDesign.png

EB.jpg

Silver and Red Strip. Silver comes from the bomber, obviously.

EB2.jpg

Inverted colours from Home strip.

EB3.jpg

Samsung = Sydney Roosters + Essendon Bombers;

This is inspired by Sydney Roosters' Anzac Day Strip (Pictured Below). That strip is inspired by one worn in the war era. So, I used all the colours from that strip and chucked them into a sash-style version.

5377med.jpg

essendonclashweek5.jpg

Quicky has a go at making one, only have MS Paint, so the colour isn't great.

The 3rd one- How'd you get Essendon out of Chelsea and the Yankees? We have the same sponsors as Chelsea but your mind oustounds me (don't ever take that as an insult though)... I dont really know what to say about it but you probably should've had red/black instead of blue just to make it actually Essendon related.

My thought process for this jumper started with looking for a point of differentiation - something that will make my guernsey look completely different from the others. In this instance, I looked at the sponsors of the team, as they are a prominent feature of any jumper. From my wider sporting knowledge, i instantly thought: "adidas + Samsung = Chelsea FC". Obviously the colours (blue/white) are very different from Essendon's black/red. I researched a bit, and looked at using one of their different coloured current alternate jumpers to overcome this. There was the black/navy/yellow away, or white/navy third to chose from. I was going to chose to use the former, until I had a brain blast - I was also working on a jumper coming from the "Bronx Bombers", obviously because of the name, and i thought: "gee, NY's famous pinstripes look a hell of a lot like Chelsea's third kit, only vertical". So, i merged the two ideas together and whalah. :thumbsu:

For practical usage, LeeARM, I do see where you are coming from re. the colours. Of course Essendon wouldn't in a million years give up their colours. But this is BigFooty, and using the EFC colours would render the whole excercise pretty useless. And besides, Samsung would be happy with their team using their corporate colours!

Abstract I know, but that's what I love about these jumper comps - it gives you a chance to be a bit out there.

The jumper could actually be an ANZAC day promotion. It wouldn't be worn while playing because it's Essendon and we like to throw fits about our jumper but as merchandise it could work.

Haha din't think of that mate, maybe there is a market ;)

Edit: Number 2 would be better with silver instead of white, just so it's less St. Kilda-ish

Again, for the purpose of the excercise, white was used in reference to the AC Milan strip. Your right though, silver certainly adds a sense of Essendon to it.

Appreciate the complements (i think :p) and constructive criticism :thumbsu:

Abstract I know, but that's what I love about these jumper comps - it gives you a chance to be a bit out there.

I can definetly see that you love that:D

Haha din't think of that mate, maybe there is a market ;)
Well I thought of it because this year Adidas made a half Collingwood, half Essendon jumper to promote ANZAC day but that was a stupid move because no Essendon/Colligwood fan would want it (well half of it) but the idea of a promotional jumper wasn't bad.

Again, for the purpose of the excercise, white was used in reference to the AC Milan strip. Your right though, silver certainly adds a sense of Essendon to it.
Well as I said, I'd wear that if it was real but I'd probably want that tiny bit more Essendon in it and someday when society listens to the genius of Smeagle, it will be made.

Appreciate the complements (i think :p) and constructive criticism :thumbsu:
Any time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i love the top two guernseys!! the bombers guernsey is a classic but it's just so boringg and we need something interesting and different for the away strip! you should send these to essendon haha they are great! by the way how do you design all of these, by hand? or on the computer?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back