Bad Beat/Vent/Brag thread

Cockliff38

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NE Patriots, LA Lakers
Damn that is bad.

Nothing you could do there, and to be honest he was never going to fold on AA.
Yeah even though I lost a fair bit I was quietly happy with myself for not shoving his re-raise and losing everything haha.

I was more so annoyed because he didn't even know he had the nuts - was calling the whole time with a pair... even if I shove the turn he probably calls and I still get smashed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Richmond
Got called a cheat the other day while in London. Dunno whether I was out of line but definitely know I didn't cheat.

Was heads up and after the river the villain turned over her cards before I had acted. Was about 50 quid in the pot and she had a pair of aces. I had nothing but a busted flush draw.

So, I bet. I put in 40. She went into the tank before folding. I showed the bluff, to the amusement of the other players. She started ranting and raving, calling me a few choice names including "cheat." Dealer asked me whether I wanted her removed. Na, I said, let her stay.

My neighbour at the table later said I shouldn't have shown. While he thought it was funny, it lacked a bit of class.

On balance, I think I was wrong to show as well but was happy to take down a pot in an unusual way.

Anyone faced a similar situation?

Cockliff38

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NE Patriots, LA Lakers
Got called a cheat the other day while in London. Dunno whether I was out of line but definitely know I didn't cheat.

Was heads up and after the river the villain turned over her cards before I had acted. Was about 50 quid in the pot and she had a pair of aces. I had nothing but a busted flush draw.

So, I bet. I put in 40. She went into the tank before folding. I showed the bluff, to the amusement of the other players. She started ranting and raving, calling me a few choice names including "cheat." Dealer asked me whether I wanted her removed. Na, I said, let her stay.

My neighbour at the table later said I shouldn't have shown. While he thought it was funny, it lacked a bit of class.

On balance, I think I was wrong to show as well but was happy to take down a pot in an unusual way.

Anyone faced a similar situation?
Dick move but not a cheat.

I showed early once and the villain jammed. I actually called it and lost, but I still maintain it was a good call (can't remember exact situation but I wasn't bluffing)

Top Bottom