Media BAGHDAD CELEBRATES 600

Remove this Banner Ad

baghdad-logo-png.1604418

This Sunday's game against the SinCitySwamprats marks the occasion of the (in)famous Baghdad Bombers becoming only the third club to play 600 games of Qooty in the SFA since the league's inception.

Baghdad's record to date is 295 wins, 8 draws, and 296 losses.

The club started as the Big Footy Bombers in season 04, making an immediate impact upon the league by playing in a Grand Final in it's first season. The Baghdad name was first adopted in season 09.

Season 18 saw a change in name to Baghdad Bandits which lasted until season 22, when it reverted to being the Baghdad Bombers. This was immediately followed by success as Baghdad went on to be back to back premiers in seasons 23 and 24

Baghdad made history in season 34 becoming the first team to win 6 premierships, adding to the successes of seasons 7, 9, 14, 23, and 24.

Love the club or hate it, Baghdad is to this day the most successful and recognisable brand in the SFA with consistent levels of participation and an ability to replenish it's playing stock through the recruitment of rookies.

At last count, there are approximately 25 ex-Baghdadians now playing at other SFA clubs. The club's contribution to the league is undeniable and it continues to overcome anything thrown at it to become an even stronger and more engaged club.

There have been many who have been part of Baghdad's history and many a legend whose involvement has come to a sudden end, Baghdad has the ability to move forward from those things and to continue to evolve without losing the drive to remain a vibrant part of the SFA.

We are lucky to have strong leadership at the club including BLUEALLTHRU, VeinGlorious KohPhi, Jabba73, kickthething, Pugsley amongst others.

There is only one thing left for me to say....Carna Baghdad!

I want to once again thank Hate for producing the sweetfa.plus , it has proved to be an invaluable resource.

Last edited:

Mate - get your descriptives right please .... ffs, to is a bit embarrassing for you now .....

0008027-600x800.jpg
do i have to google jamie gillis

ok that was worth it! the only name i know was Ed Powers. And I didnt respect him either {lols quietly to self}

As part of the newly infused trash to whom you so pithily refer, I could not help but be drawn by the attractive job descrition advertised:
292386962_10228156053476653_2783546135541483640_n.jpg

I have to say they told me you were very ugly, but I found this biopic on LinkedIn and I have to beg to differ. Lovely to meet you.

278667055_10227667024531235_6210233230356626228_n.jpg
I never said you were ugly.

do i have to google jamie gillis

ok that was worth it! the only name i know was Ed Powers. And I didnt respect him either {lols quietly to self}

youre really protesting against being ugly a lot. Here's a pro tip ... {leans close} ... ugly's absolutely fine!
(me leaning close might not be fine though because BLUEALLTHRU may interpret it as a same-sex interaction, which he truly cannot tolerate)
giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To my new found friend Mobbs , who has cast an immediate impression upon me as a true-blue Roy-boy unto perpetuity, my next door neighbour, Ross, says ,"Hi".

Money shot 3:54 in.

I love that era of VFL films, that's around when I first became aware of footy's existence. Wish I could find a stash of all the condensed games that ESPN showed in the USA in the 80s.

its honestly the reason why i could never ever be a bomber.
I had to get over the club being known as Bombers, you need to harden up:p

I love that era of VFL films, that's around when I first became aware of footy's existence. Wish I could find a stash of all the condensed games that ESPN showed in the USA in the 80s.
Funny you should say that: I just found this, literally 5 minutes ago.

This goes for all of you here who love footy and not just quntishness.

You can all thank me in your own special ways, especially fellow campaigners who likely went to some of these matches.

3.5 hours of The Winners from 1977, I cannot believe I found this. Enjoy it folks.

I have met people who like pineapple on their pizza on the internet, if anything's going to be disallowed, surely it's that?

38elvw.jpg

Have you been talking to Mrs. Braklet behind my back?

For the record, I LOVE Hawaiian pizza, esp the real version with Spam and pineapple. Yum yum.

Being cosmopolitan sophisticates, we can piss off the Japanese as well as the Italians. Let's all hear it for Spam musubi!

its honestly the reason why i could never ever be a bomber.
You'd come across in a heartbeat you damn liar you.

Problem is we will wait until hell freezes over for that to ever happen.

Climate change notwithstanding.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back