Ballarat FL 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All we want is a level playing field, where when you run out of the ground the best team will win. We do not get that opportunity. Biased umpires and a farce of a tribunal means we have to be a 5 goal better team to be a 50\50 chance of winning.
Hopefully something can be done to make the BFL listen. Changing leagues is not the answer, but it may be the only way to make our point. Because knowing the BFL we are just perceived as whining and sooking.
New member but been following this forum with interest. agree wholeheartedly with the eastern teams being screwed by cheating ballarat umpires. Follow melton and they have been thoroughly rogered in most of their games this year by some of the most appalling umpiring you could ever see. Classic case being Ash Webber for 4 weeks and the East Point coach getting off scott free in the same game. he king hit our midfielder, captured on film and not a case to answer? No surprise it was the week of the BFL interleague game.
They say that they are losing umpires but if this keeps up they will lose players as they are at the stage of having had a gutfull.

Another great win for Darley on Saturday. Who's next?

A very good win - I heard the umpires did not pay 1 free kick for the entire game. The Ballarat umpires were torn and felt they were betraying the BFL by giving these 2 teams anything. They did however pay thirty three 50 metre penalties just to boost their 50 metres against the Eastern bloc teams up to the BFL quota.

New member but been following this forum with interest. agree wholeheartedly with the eastern teams being screwed by cheating ballarat umpires. Follow melton and they have been thoroughly rogered in most of their games this year by some of the most appalling umpiring you could ever see. Classic case being Ash Webber for 4 weeks and the East Point coach getting off scott free in the same game. he king hit our midfielder, captured on film and not a case to answer? No surprise it was the week of the BFL interleague game.
They say that they are losing umpires but if this keeps up they will lose players as they are at the stage of having had a gutfull.

Have you seen the footage? I agree that Ash Webber was stiff, he tried to pull up and didn't deserve weeks, but DJ allegedly striking Butler looked comical on video, not a chance in hell that was reportable, he didn't even know he was there.
and it wasn't BFL interleague week, East had North City the following weekend.

Probably need to get a representation of eastern and western bloc clubs on the tribunal and all other matters, not just a bunch of relics from Ballarat who have ingrained bias against the eastern sides.
+1.
I don't really know how the tribunal etc. works, but if it was 50/50 of representatives from Ballarat and Eastern Bloc teams, that'd make it more transparent at least...

Have you seen the footage? I agree that Ash Webber was stiff, he tried to pull up and didn't deserve weeks, but DJ allegedly striking Butler looked comical on video, not a chance in hell that was reportable, he didn't even know he was there.
and it wasn't BFL interleague week, East had North City the following weekend.
Not true. You didn't look at another game did you? Officials within the club advised that Butler had a couple of days off work , and had to get a clearance to play the following week. Perhaps he punched himself in the back of the head?
Anyway you agree that Webber was stiff, I rest my case. Darley had legit gripes after all.

Not true. You didn't look at another game did you? Officials within the club advised that Butler had a couple of days off work , and had to get a clearance to play the following week. Perhaps he punched himself in the back of the head?
Anyway you agree that Webber was stiff, I rest my case. Darley had legit gripes after all.
nah i saw the right footage, it wasn't a punch, it was incidental contact.
Yeah i haven't heard much about it, but 5 weeks is a crock for anything short of a malicious king-hit, and i doubt Drew Edwards would bother doing that.
Ballarat is a weak football club.

nah i saw the right footage, it wasn't a punch, it was incidental contact.
Yeah i haven't heard much about it, but 5 weeks is a crock for anything short of a malicious king-hit, and i doubt Drew Edwards would bother doing that.
Ballarat is a weak football club.
The ballarat football club are like a kid in a street who falls over and skins his knees, who then goes home and tells his daddy that the kid down the road pushed him over, the daddy then goes to the cops. Pathetic club who no one respects.

Rumour around has prodigal son Jarryd 'Mo' King returning to the cobra's. Apparantly he was sighted sinking tins at a Darley game a few weeks back hoping to get approached by the club but when that never happened he decided to sign the clearance papers to the other side of the bridge. Could the Marsh be throwing cash for a late tilt at September?

Marsh consider themselves to be a part of the western block due to being in the league before the 'less-civilized' side of town entered the fray. Hence they are subject to greater benefits like shonky tribunals and back-dating clearances.

This is untrue, whilst we have been in the league longer than other eastern bloc clubs we have always had issues with the impartiality of umpiring and tribunal decisions stemming from being one of two sides that were non-Ballarat based and getting the same if not worse treatment to all eastern bloc sides receive at the moment.

The problem with the eastern bloc clubs is that they are reluctant to put aside their local rivalries to work together and bring down the larger enemy (Ballarat bias) for the betterment of them all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know what sort of response this will get....
From what I've seen over my last 5 years of involvement in the league, Darley, Sunbury and Melton are simply less disciplined than all other sides in the league. Rick Horwood came out this week and said exactly that about his own side.
And they talk back to the umpires more, and where I'm with you guys here, is BFL umpires are weak. weak-minded personalities who know they have the power of the pencil, so if they get talked back to, they get their back up and that's where the bias starts. We've learnt to shut-up, no matter how bad their decision is.
I agree that the standard of umpiring is s***house, but i don't think it's biased.

Go...tell me how wrong i am

I know what sort of response this will get....
From what I've seen over my last 5 years of involvement in the league, Darley, Sunbury and Melton are simply less disciplined than all other sides in the league. Rick Horwood came out this week and said exactly that about his own side.
And they talk back to the umpires more, and where I'm with you guys here, is BFL umpires are weak. weak-minded personalities who know they have the power of the pencil, so if they get talked back to, they get their back up and that's where the bias starts. We've learnt to shut-up, no matter how bad their decision is.
I agree that the standard of umpiring is s***house, but i don't think it's biased.

Go...tell me how wrong i am
Ok Your're wrong!

Ok Your're wrong!
Not entirely wrong, we could be considered less disciplined. But compared to when we first entered the league, we are like little school boys now.
And we have tried the disciplined approach, and we have improved by a long way. That surely must be noticeable. But as we have improved, we can not say that the umpiring has.
The perception that we are just thugs and everything we do is wrong will never change in this biased league.

If a Ballarat person layed a block like Drew Edwards I doubt the umpire would have even paid a free kick. If we were on the receiving end of that it would never have been referred to the BFL to be investigated either. We are not like that.

Why was something that happened right in front of the umpire, who thought all it deserved was a free even sent up for investigation?

Not entirely wrong, we could be considered less disciplined. But compared to when we first entered the league, we are like little school boys now.
And we have tried the disciplined approach, and we have improved by a long way. That surely must be noticeable. But as we have improved, we can not say that the umpiring has.
The perception that we are just thugs and everything we do is wrong will never change in this biased league.

If a Ballarat person layed a block like Drew Edwards I doubt the umpire would have even paid a free kick. If we were on the receiving end of that it would never have been referred to the BFL to be investigated either. We are not like that.

Why was something that happened right in front of the umpire, who thought all it deserved was a free even sent up for investigation?
The joke in this all is not Drew Edwards' suspension but the difference between he and the Ballarat player that copped weeks.

Drew ran and provided a text-book shepherd, it is what we have all been taught to do since the first time we played the game. I understand the head is now an untouchable and whilst it was unintentional Edwards did make contact to the opponents head. I am willing to accept that he may be suspended for this but 5 weeks is a joke, it was in play and it was completely fair.

Ballarat had a player suspended for one week. He was suspended because he was arriving at a shepherd and decided to throw a punch (on the footage it looks like an elbow but the camera was postioned behind the shepherder's head and I was side on on the day) instead of simply bumping shoulders. This is a cowardly act, is intentional contact to the head and was intended to cause damage.

Also take into account that one of these players has been reported once in 17 years of football, the other was 3 weeks back from getting rubbed out. Please tell me which of the two players above warrants 5 weeks and which warrants 1? From now on it may be beneficial to shepherd with a hip and shoulder, we are encouraging players to simply swing haymakers.

As for the argument that the Ballarat player received a broken or dislocated jaw from the Edwards shepherd then before anything is said please provide evidence. Hearsay is all that the tribunal went on and I have heard that the player went to 2 hospitals and was told nothing was wrong. What a disgrace.

mate I started playing 5 or 6 years ago, and I have never had a problem with any of you guys. I heard all about the past, but taken on face value, none of you are thugs. But you do mouth off at umpires. Your crowd would also intimidate umpires (as i said, weak personalities).

I haven't seen or heard anything about the Drew Edwards/Ballarat player incident, so can't comment on it. But i repeat that 5 weeks for anything is a heavy suspension and would be hard to justify from what i've read.

Who does the forum think is the quickest player in the BFL? There are a number of very quick players going around at the moment. Thoughts?

Another good win for Darley. The top sides must be starting to take notice.

How soft are Ballarat? Seriously.

Darley looking ominous although would have expected more from Melton South on the weekend considering the implications for their season if they lost. Darley would be eyeing off that 3rd spot with a massive game against Nth City in two weeks time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back