Banter Banter thread Part 1 - Opposition fans welcome - let's have fun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF is this thread! :eek:

#ODNhaslosttheplot :D
This is clearly the result of leaving the inmates in charge of the asylum. Never work with children, animals or BF posters.

WTF is this thread! :eek:

#ODNhaslosttheplot :D

Nobody can complain about soft infractions if we give them a thread to vent their spleens in. Our match day threads should be pristine now. No excuses.

Do we really know how Collingwood supporters feel about the 1979 GF, when Harmes punched the ball to Sheldon for a goal?

Not saying the ball was over the line, but a friend who was sitting in row B said he had to move quickly to avoid getting cleaned up by Harmes.

Apparently the boundary umpire was a family friend of Harmes too

great idea OP. oh yeah wasnt yours :rolleyes:

Look, I realise you Collingwood supporters wrote the book on feral talk, but you also wrote the book on stealing so I'd never plagiarise you. 'Twas a request from some of our locals to let you guys in somewhere so they can school you.

its weird these days, with your mob NOT being roundly considered the biggest turds in footy. :confused:

Not while Eddie McGuire still stands at 6 foot.

personally though i believe zoning is still the biggest crime perpetrated on our great game, yes even surpassing the current drug thing.
cheating initiated by your own former club president and left to screw the comp for 20 years. :mad:

the losing GF's - s**t happens, and i dont concern myself with that. do i want revenge - yeah sure.
but its the zoning era that put you there. its a carlton supporting vfl pres that put you there.

one saving grace since zoning was killed off is it has proved your club is mediocre, unable to do the hard yards other clubs do to analyse and recruit well.
so many top draft picks for so little return. as shawt puts it, giving carlton a level of hope every year is all the rest of us need.

with that all out there, lets talk about stephen o'reilly.

:D

Man, sometimes the new year brings about feelings of melancholy ... but you are downright blubbering there my friend. Have some dignity .

great idea OP. oh yeah wasnt yours :rolleyes:

its weird these days, with your mob NOT being roundly considered the biggest turds in footy. :confused:

personally though i believe zoning is still the biggest crime perpetrated on our great game, yes even surpassing the current drug thing.
cheating initiated by your own former club president and left to screw the comp for 20 years. :mad:

the losing GF's - s**t happens, and i dont concern myself with that. do i want revenge - yeah sure.
but its the zoning era that put you there. its a carlton supporting vfl pres that put you there.

one saving grace since zoning was killed off is it has proved your club is mediocre, unable to do the hard yards other clubs do to analyse and recruit well.
so many top draft picks for so little return. as shawt puts it, giving carlton a level of hope every year is all the rest of us need.

with that all out there, lets talk about stephen o'reilly.

:D

Can we also talk about what your club owes us? It's great that you exist and all, but you guys are still only going to be remembered as the team that exists because Carlton rescheduled one of their matches so that you guys would have the requisite 18 games for the season... otherwise you would still be known as the Britannia Football Club :)

If we werent feeling nice one day, our entire rivalry wouldnt exist.

Hilarious but oh so true Dram! ;)

LINK

The Collingwood Football Club was born on the cusp of one of the world's worst depressions in February 1892.
Collingwood played its first game in the Victorian Football Association, the premier football competition at the time, against Carlton Football Club on 7 May 1892.

Collingwood initially had only been able to schedule 17 games and were short of the required 18 games necessary to join the Victorian Football Association and looked like missing out on being a part of the 1892 season until the Carlton Football Club added a game to its list of matches so that Collingwood would have the required 18 games.
Carlton even donated the gate takings from the game to the fledgling club

Minnows! :p :D

Nobody can complain about soft infractions if we give them a thread to vent their spleens in. Our match day threads should be pristine now. No excuses.
I'll still complain.

In this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wouldn't have happened in my day.:D

We had banter threads back then.

Brave new world though, different types of posters, not all folk song singing from the navy blue bible. Some want more robust and want to be inclusive of opposition supporters, this is the line of least resistance.

If it helps don't consider this an invasion of the Carlton board. Consider the Carlton board Australia and this thread Norfolk Island.

We had banter threads back then.

Brave new world though, different types of posters, not all folk song singing from the navy blue bible. Some want more robust and want to be inclusive of opposition supporters, this is the line of least resistance.

If it helps don't consider this an invasion of the Carlton board. Consider the Carlton board Australia and this thread Norfolk Island.
Can we have some Norfolk pines to help stimulate the imagination?

norfolk-pines-2-for-blog.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back