Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roos_Girl

Debutant
Apr 19, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I am so sick of everyone saying how great it was that Barry Hall was able to contain himself today. BULLSHIT!! Just because of his past shouldn't mean he should get away with choking someone on the ground. Fair enough Scott Thompson wasn't completely blameless but Hall had him in a very tight head lock for quite a while, you could actually see Thompson's face getting redder and redder.

Stop making excuses for Barry and if he truely cannot control himself then he shouldn't be playing because it to dangerous.

He is not a hero and he didn't do a great job, he is a pig and an ass and should be suspended for a few weeks at least!

Re: F*cking Barry Hall

I am so sick of everyone saying how great it was that Barry Hall was able to contain himself today. BULLSHIT!! Just because of his past shouldn't mean he should get away with choking someone on the ground. Fair enough Scott Thompson wasn't completely blameless but Hall had him in a very tight head lock for quite a while, you could actually see Thompson's face getting redder and redder.

Stop making excuses for Barry and if he truely cannot control himself then he shouldn't be playing because it to dangerous.

He is not a hero and he didn't do a great job, he is a pig and an ass and should be suspended for a few weeks at least!

The man is a moron, pure and simple. Needs to grow up.

He'll crack and do another Staker soon enough. Then he'll be gone. Just hoping the player that cops it doesn't have his career ended.

s**t human.

Bazza The Victim

All this talk about, Big Tuff Barry, Yeh, he might be Tuff on the footy field, knocking out blokes when thier not looking, intimadating younger players around him.

This talk about being a great boxer, has he actually taken on someone that can box, in the ring, or are they all soft targets on the footy field. This type of niggling from back men happens all the time, its part of football, but now we are meant to feel sorry for big Tuff Bazza, cause his a Victim.

I'm a big Thompson fan but from where i sat, what he did to instigate that whole kerfuffle today was well & truly outside the spirit of footy. If he did that in local footy a headlock would have been the least of his problems.

If Barry Hall received half the free kicks Nick Reiwoldt gets for that same sort of niggling he'd never lose his temper again.

I'm a big Thompson fan but from where i sat, what he did to instigate that whole kerfuffle today was well & truly outside the spirit of footy. If he did that in local footy a headlock would have been the least of his problems.

If Barry Hall received half the free kicks Nick Reiwoldt gets for that same sort of niggling he'd never lose his temper again.

Bull dust. You can tell who the people are who have no idea about professional sport. A player is and should use anything within the rules to get an advantage over his opponent.

I heard people crying about Thompson pushing him while he was doing up his shoelaces. The poor diddims did the exact same thing to Zac Dawson in the NAB final. If Boomer reacted the same way to a tag as Barry does with a niggling defender then he wouldn't be regarded as a champion. Harden up Barry Hall, you are not a champion but a meat head that can't control his temper.

The commentators on the radio were even suggesting that its not fair to target Hall. I'm glad Thompson had a crack because he has been given a free ride all season.

Bull dust. You can tell who the people are who have no idea about professional sport. A player is and should use anything within the rules to get an advantage over his opponent.
HE GENTLY NUDGED HALL OFF BALANCE?

If I saw my kids do it, I might consider telling him off. But probably not.

**** me, is BF just mired in group think today, or this a giant pisstake?

So glad you've worked me out.

I didn't say it was against the rules, i said it was outside the spirit of the game, in my non-professional-sportsman's opinion. Thompson certainly sparked the boys a little so good on him but if the umpire had seen it Scotty would have given up a free kick & easy goal.

Lets also not get carried away with how tough Scotty was for 'standing up' to Hall. Yeah he niggled him but anyone who thinks Scotty would have done the same thing in a local match is kidding themselves. It's very easy to be 'tough' on an AFL field with all of the protection in place & without using his preferred weapon of choice Hall pretty quickly had Scotty cold with a tidy little headlock that took another 3 blokes to break.

I also wasn't impressed with Scotty not offering a handshake after the game to Hall, he could have shown Hall that he's above all the niggle on the field. I guess that isn't very professional of me either.

People who applaud those who niggle enough to get a reaction and call it professional obviously have little idea of professional sport themselves.

Every one of those blokes know that anywhere else, that sort of conduct would rightly earn them a busted nose. And each of them knows that Barry Hall could have quite easily done it. They are hiding behind the protection of not just the umpires but the match review panel.

Professional football is about going and getting the footy and we know which ream didn't do that today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People who applaud those who niggle enough to get a reaction and call it professional obviously have little idea of professional sport themselves.

Every one of those blokes know that anywhere else, that sort of conduct would rightly earn them a busted nose. And each of them knows that Barry Hall could have quite easily done it. They are hiding behind the protection of not just the umpires but the match review panel.

Professional football is about going and getting the footy and we know which ream didn't do that today.

Well said.

Bugger off and defend your ex player on the main board BFB, where your opinion may be welcome.

Well said.

Obviously very young and didn't see Libba, Dimmitina and Romero run around huh?

Seriously, if trolling the opposition board after your team has had a win is your idea of fun.......

Then again, as a dogs supporter you'd have to be thankful for small mercies....it's not like you'd have any successful years to look back on :p

**** off back to your own board and squeeze one out for Bazza

Why are we supposed to feel sorry for this germ?
Scott Thompson might occasionally go too far with his niggling, but he is 10 times the human Barry is. I doubt he's ever seriously maimed anyone.
Hall is all bluff and bluster...and then carries on like the small man he is when someone dares call his bluff.

Yes, but not all are equal. Look at the amount of free kicks Riewoldt gets when people niggle him.

The Bulldogs rightly complained when Riewoldt got paid a free in last year's PF for a bump by Lake.

Whatever the standard, it needs to be enforced evenly, not have one rule for one player and another for another player.

Bruce, all the great forwards have had the same treatment for years and very rarely has anyone cracked like Hall.

Are you saying that Hall should get special treatment because he is a head-case and known to crack after a bit of niggling?

Uh ok, so its alright for other teams to bump injured players, ie Lions on Reiwvoldt, Luke hodge last week and for the man in question to king hit blokes, drop the knees etc, and every week for taggers to tread a fine line, BUT when North get into poor diddums Bazza we're the bad guys:confused::confused:
Our players played within the rules of the game, no-one was hurt

Seriously grow up wuss bag:eek:

Typical comment from a PC arseclown. Hall's a thug and a moron, not some ****ing saint like everyone is trying to make out. If he wasn't such a tool that was easily sucked in then no one would bother niggling him.

And ****ing Rodney Eade is becoming one of the biggest whingy sooks in the AFL. If it's not leave poor Barry alone, then it's.... wasn't us who made the game ugly.

Booohooo! Want a tissue Rocket you flog?

Headline for this piece should be...Hall made his bed and now he's lying in it...

WESTERN Bulldogs forward Barry Hall is on report again but coach Rodney Eade claims his forward gets no protection from umpires and was forced to defend himself in yesterday's 70-point thrashing of North Melbourne at Etihad Stadium.
ps8Hall was booked twice, for wrestling North's Scott Thompson and for putting his opponent in a headlock as they battled during the second quarter.
Eade quickly moved to get Hall from the ground once he had separated himself from Thompson and the resultant melee, but Hall was confronted by several Kangaroos as he tried to run from the ground.
Eade said Hall _ whose shocking tribunal record stands at 26 games suspended in 15 seasons _ was ``besieged'' by Kangaroos trying to ruffle him, but got no support from umpires.
``I just wish he'd get protection,'' Eade said after the Bulldogs won 20.7 (127) to 7.15 (57).
``It's going to be blown up because it's him, but if it was anybody else it wouldn't be.
``He's got kneed while he's doing his lace up and then he gets beseiged and then he gets attacked while he's coming off the ground. No protection.
``He gets done for wrestling but that's OK, that's fine, but then misconduct because he had someone in a headlock? If you had three blokes coming at you, what are you supposed to do, actually cop it? It's interesting. The tougher players tend not to get protection.''
Hall admitted he was frustrated by Thompson's tactics, but said there was nothing he could do.
``It's disappointing but that's part of the game, I guess,'' he said.
``Unfortunately the rules cater for people like that and you can't do anything about it. So you've got to cop it.''
Eade also took swipe at North's tactics, and said his players had retained their composure amid a series of ``cheap shots'' off the ball.
Bulldogs Dylan Addison and Daniel Giansiracusa suffered cuts to the head in clashes, while Liam Picken was on the end of a knee from North's Scott McMahon.
McMahon was reported and Thompson was also booked, for wrestling and headbutting Hall.
``I thought the discipline and our character showed through and that's why we had such a big win,'' Eade said.
North coach Brad Scott refused to buy into Eade's claim, but said Thompson was entitled to niggle his opponent.
``They've both been reported, the tribunal will deal with that, but I was really proud of Scott's efforts. He stood up for us,'' Scott said.
``I thought he played the way a fullback should play, he got a reaction out of the full-forward.''
Hall was troubled by on-field indiscretions in his final years at Sydney, which ultimately prompted him to retire from the club last year, and he was later traded to the Bulldogs.

Bruce, all the great forwards have had the same treatment for years.

Are you saying that Hall should get special treatment because he is a headcase and known to crack after a bit of niggling?

That's not true, firstly and no that's not what I'm saying. Riewoldt v Hall in terms of treatment is not on the same page.

What Thompson did went beyond niggling and should have been penalised long before Hall had an opportunity to snap, which, by the way, he didn't. Someone somewhere else said Thompson was hiding behind the rules of the game and I agree with that. Just as Sam Mitchell was doing it last year.

Thing is, the umps are so busy "managing" Hall they forget to umpire the game.

It's pretty bloody easy to play brave guy when you know there's a million cameras around and the bloke can't react. I just reckon it's spineless. He wouldn't do it in a pub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back