Barry Hall cleared to play

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 2, 2005
SCG, Bay 29
AFL Club
Collingwood
BBBH cleared of striking, not enough force used to warrant a report. :D
Hall still faces a $2600 fine for using abusive language towards umpire Matthew Nicholls.

As a swans supporter I'm glad to see him cleared.

Rather see the Bulldogs waste a spot on him than bringing in a player who actually mark the ball and would be more of a threat!!!!

Agreed.

Good to see Barry able to play. I think, considering, he kept his head quite well. Would be annoying to see Barry go when you could see he was really, really trying to keep things under control.

He is fortunate though, based on the Chapman, Baker, Rioli cases.

Just a stupid thug that whacks blokes when they least expect it has lost alot of respect over the past 3 years preety much left his old club when all the success dried up and look at Sydney now doing great hope they knock the Dogs out just because of Hall no other reason

Obviously the Doggies are the AFL's favourites for the flag this year.

Step 1 - Give them the Saints for the PF rather than the Cats, even if it requires a dodgy umpiring decision.

Then step 2 - clear Baz.

Interesting that Kieran Jack wasn't even looked at for the dumping of Judd. I'm not saying he should have got a suspension but the MRP didn't even assess it. Wierd considering two guys have recently been suspended for similar tackles.

Typical AFL joke!

Always, different rules apply for different clubs and even individuals at the MRP.

The facts are that Barry both punched Harry O and tugged on his hair -in anyone's view both actions are reportable offenses. Saying they were both having a go, and that there was little in it are just rubbish!

These offenses were indisputably committed, as clearly seen on TV so, one simply cannot fathom the grounds on which it could be argued that there is no case to answer!!! To state that there is no case to answer is to state that these two incidents did not occur at all, yet anyone who has seen the pics in the paper of watched it on TV, let alone those at the game, can clearly see that both incidents did indeed occur.

Disgrace. How many chances does this violent sook get. Threw his usual tantrum when someone dared shepherd him.

Hope we throw a few throat punches in coming weeks seeming it's legal.

Trent cotchin gets 4 weeks for a bump that was in play and that he could'nt help, a meathead gets off for jobbing a bloke..............please , what a joke the afl is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a stupid thug that whacks blokes when they least expect it has lost alot of respect over the past 3 years preety much left his old club when all the success dried up and look at Sydney now doing great hope they knock the Dogs out just because of Hall no other reason

Haha, hob was actually the one that slung hall to the ground when he was not expecting it. Brave man HOB, tries to act hard and bait knowing Hall cant hit back because of his circumstances.

Now come on. It was Harry O that BBBH hit. That had to way in Bazza's favour. Probably will reduce his points the next time he fronts the tribunal I'd think. :D

Just kidding, Bazza was silly throwing half-a-punch. Even if Harry O was being a dick, and I'm not Harry was. Bazza should know better.

What a joke. People were getting suspended for a jumper punch not too long ago, and now an actual punch does not deserve a suspension? WTF?

I agree. Chapmans was the same as were Bakers but hey we will just change the rules as we go. Judds wasn't hard enough either to warrant a report despite the guys facing being opened up.

Doesn't matter anyway if the Swans can't beat that rabble then something is wrong. Eade as good as he is getting close to his use by date as he did at Sydney. Keeping Johnson, Akermanis and Eagleton on then picking up Hall was very poor IMO. Akermanis is sacked for writing a book and talking about players (what a villain), Johnson who brought the writing one the book out is coincidently taking his spot in the side and embarrasing himself, and Eagleton has been in and out.

He is fortunate though, based on the Chapman, Baker, Rioli cases.

Extremely puzzling, especially since Hall's shorthand jab was basically similar to the couple Baker gave Johnson.

The Kieren Jack non-citing is equally as puzzling given Gilbert was cited, and Josh Hunt copped a week for similar actions.

I've given up trying to follow the MRP, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

It would be a travesty if BBBH got a week for that little indiscretion.

Finals type intensity requires finals type umpiring, something no doubt a lot of Geelong supporters would like to see in future.

Some of the pissy holds and off the ball crap the umps decided needed attention over the weekend was just grandstanding and needs to be put in the rack until NAB Cup comes around again.

I reckon the majority expect finals to be played at a higher intensity by the players and the umps should be made aware of the fact.

I think this really shows the tribunal's inconsistencies. I am glad Barry got off, because it would have been a soft suspension but when he gets cleared for a closed fist punch yet Burgoyne gets done for a tackle, that was just a solid tackle, I don't think he tried to put his head into the ground, he just had an arm pinned back so Silvani hitting his head was innevitable.

This goes along with other mind boggling decisions, Dan Jacksons 'headbutt' that got three weeks even tho Sam Mitchell said there was nothing in it and then of course Mr 'protected species' Chris Judd's not forceful enough eye brow splitting elbow on Pav.

A little bit strange that the punch didn't get looked at since others have gone for less, but I think it is a good thing.

Harry was baiting him and Barry got him below the head, good spectacle all round.

It's called a shepard. What are you on about?

Harry O comes up behind him, after the ball is gone, so therefor out of play, and just knocks him over. What kind of man would Barry be if he didnt do something to Harry the soft ****?
Plus when Barry got up Harry got back in his face.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back