FTA-TV Basil Zempilas- Commentary TIPS

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone else here him say something about a wce player having long eyes. Then the play continued on for another 15 seconds and they we're discussing something and you hear basil say "good poker face". No context and nothing to do with the play/what the other commentators were talking about.

I just know it was re the long eyes comment. Basil makes me want to self harm.
Yeah was an Eagles player from a kickout I think. He shaped to go long but ended up kicking it 30m to an open target.

That equates to being a good poker face.

It's like when a footy player soccers through a goal, and a commentator saying "Leo Messi, eat your heart out!"

Yeah was an Eagles player from a kickout I think. He shaped to go long but ended up kicking it 30m to an open target.

That equates to being a good poker face.

It's like when a footy player soccers through a goal, and a commentator saying "Leo Messi, eat your heart out!"
"Where was he when the Socceroos needed him?!"

not sure if Basil replacing Andrew O'Keefe as Weekend Sunrise co-host is the worst thing ever, but I would be happier if neither of them were on my tv.

If it means less of him on the football it's a great thing. :rainbow:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone else hear him keep saying "Congratulations" in the post-match interviews with Kelly and Patton? They didn't win the game!

Harsh, how is he supposed to know that???

Must be working 7 days a week at the moment with the radio job, calling football and filling in on Sunrise. Adding in all the flying time he wouldn't be spending much time at home.

Must be working 7 days a week at the moment with the radio job, calling football and filling in on Sunrise. Adding in all the flying time he wouldn't be spending much time at home.

Should scale back his commitments to stay home more often, starting with his weekends. :rainbow:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back