FTA-TV Basil Zempilas- Commentary TIPS

Remove this Banner Ad

The 12 days of Christmas pun tonite (substituting with Eagles players names) was a shocker...
4 wilsons, 3 materas, 2 ??, and a Partington in a Petrie...
I think could hear the other commentators just groan in background what that crap.

Sometimes you have to wonder who the audience is Basil is aiming all of this rubbish to. IMO it is to himself and himself alone.

His call of the last 30 seconds of Port vs WCE and Shuey's kick after the siren wasn't good enough.

Put Bruce or Dennis behind the mike and that moment would have been even more epic.

His call of the last 30 seconds of Port vs WCE and Shuey's kick after the siren wasn't good enough.

Put Bruce or Dennis behind the mike and that moment would have been even more epic.

Nah.
He would've compared it to some bull s**t horse race that .01% of the population only remembers or cares about.

Along with Basil he needs to follow Denis to the Knackery.

Two things he actually said during the last minutes of the elimination final:

"Kochie knows something about gripping TV"

and (twice) after a player has taken a mark and is simply going back to take a kick:

"The clock should have stopped! It's still going!"

re the latter: that has been the rule since the game began. How can a professional commentator get something like that wrong?

Sometimes you have to wonder who the audience is Basil is aiming all of this rubbish to. IMO it is to himself and himself alone.
Nu-males who likely browse reddit, who think puns and dad jokes are "so bad that they're actually good". The guy that watches Rick and Morty and "******* Loves Science". The guy who "geeks" out by watching Star Wars and playing FallOut and Elder Scrolls. The guy who is saving up for a Tesla and making smug jabs at Trump and the anti-gay marriage crowd on his twitter account. The guy who thinks Bunnings snags and chicken nuggets are "epic".

re the latter: that has been the rule since the game began. How can a professional commentator get something like that wrong?

The urgency with which he said it as well. I questioned my own sanity.

and (twice) after a player has taken a mark and is simply going back to take a kick:

Was thinking that, pretty huge blunder at such a key moment.

Pretty sure he didn't know what the next final was called too, because he kept avoiding saying "semi final" and instead just said to make West Coast "go on in 2017".

All just another standard Basil cook up.

The way BT and Basil crap on infuriates the s**t out of me. Never has the mute button copped such a work out.

I can tell that the game is exciting because I'm ******* watching it you ******* campaigners!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Biggest cringe moment was when Yeo kicked the footy down the wing.. The ball then ricocheted back towards him and Basil goes .. "The ball is going up and down like a Yo-Yo" .. FMD just STFU you GOOSE!

Think it was Priddis who kicked a goal on the weekend to put the Eagles back in front with not long to go in the last quarter. You'd think the commentator would be enthusiastic being so close. Basil showed no emotion in the call.. "He has kicked aaaa.... goal." He is so bad.

The 12 days of Christmas pun tonite (substituting with Eagles players names) was a shocker...
4 wilsons, 3 materas, 2 ??, and a Partington in a Petrie...
I think could hear the other commentators just groan in the background with that crap.

Just about switched off when I heard that. F***ing knob

Does anyone know where he came from? Could make for an interesting story.

The rumour's from the Trade Whisperer, so grain of salt, as much as I'd like it to happen. He says Ling's getting the can too, and that JB is being courted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back