Sport Basketball and hoop like stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the point of the NBA All Star game? I lasted about 2 minutes at lunch time before turning it off. Zero defence so uncontested layups/dunks and 3 point shots galore. It is so damn boring to watch.

What's the point of the NBA All Star game? I lasted about 2 minutes at lunch time before turning it off. Zero defence so uncontested layups/dunks and 3 point shots galore. It is so damn boring to watch.
Kids love it

Damn those pesky little bastards. Makes sense, just a 48(ish) minutes trick show.
You understand why the players who earn millions don't want to risk their livelihood for an exhibition game. It's same as SOO here except the NBA players still kinda make it work.

You understand why the players who earn millions don't want to risk their livelihood for an exhibition game. It's same as SOO here except the NBA players still kinda make it work.
I get that, however when the crowning spectacle of the weekend is a pisstake I'd argue what's the point (dollars aside).

Beginning this conspiracy theory early.

Pelinka has no interest in what Westbrook offers on the floor, he's only got interest in his deal for the purposes of matching salaries if he maybe tries to swing a deal for Lillard or more likely just to let his gazillion dollar deal off the books in 2 years time when Lebron's deal also expires.

Lebron will sign with whoever drafts LBJ Junior because that's what he's always wanted and it's also really cool, Westbrook will be 35 and maybe worth a mid level deal if they want to keep him at all and they will have 100 million in cap space to build properly around AD with more guards, admittedly the free agency class is not much chop though.

Unless Westbrook decides to stop shooting jumpers he's basically torpedoing Lebron's last decent chance of being the best player on a championship team for another chance at a hard, fast reload.

I'm not really sure why it took so long to find someone that wanted to be crap and get in on the Wembanyama sweepstakes and it may be too late to save the Lakers season but Pelinka got back shooting in spades and one of the best wing defender in the NBA for Westbrook who was actively torpedoing them.

Played the long game perfectly, but potentially for too long, I don't think the Lakers will make the playoffs this year but they have the ability to bring Dlo back and I think they'll have bird rights to go over the cap to resign Beasley and Vanderbilt and go again, Lebron could well leave and be immediately replaced by a all start level wing or guard in free agency and they're immediately competitive for the long term again.

Watching Suns v Nuggets….old mate Jock Landale is giving it absolutely everything against Jokic….and getting destroyed.

The Joker is a freak - beat player in the world for mine.

So many of my Essendon mates are Boston fans. Makes days like this so much more enjoyable.
Eh, neither of us can beat the nuggets. Watching Philly choke against us again was all I needed to be sated.

Does it freak anyone else out that Wembanyama is as much taller than Mason Cox than Mason Cox is than BZT?

Does it freak anyone else out that Wembanyama is as much taller than Mason Cox than Mason Cox is than BZT?
Apparently he is 7’5 now….

There is no questioning his skill set but I think there are huge concerns about his ability to play starters minutes over an 82 game season. We have never seen anyone this tall play at a sustained level for a long period. Guys like Yao and Ralph Sampson broke after a few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently he is 7’5 now….

There is no questioning his skill set but I think there are huge concerns about his ability to play starters minutes over an 82 game season. We have never seen anyone this tall play at a sustained level for a long period. Guys like Yao and Ralph Sampson broke after a few years.

The approach his team are taking centred around a lot of core strengthening, yoga, Pilates, stretching and strengthening his feet might give him the competitive advantage over those two and the Greg Oden’s of the world.

If anyone’s going to make it with that frame, taking a really considered approach and going to San Antonio might just make the difference.

Managed to watch most of the second half today. Butler was incredible.

The gap between Boston's best and worst is perplexing.
Coaching. Ime was so much better than Joe. Our squad is legitimately better

Some effort from Miami to almost bomb out of the play-in tournament to being conference champs. I doubt anyone except the most bullish of Miami fans would've seen that coming.

Here's hoping they can make a competitive series out of it against Denver.

Last edited:
Boston vs Miami is a better rivalry over the past 15 years than Boston vs Philly. Great series, good luck against Denver

Some effort from Miami to almost bomb out of the play-in tournament to being conference champs. I doubt anyone except the most bullish of Miami fans would've seen that coming.

Here's hoping they can make a competitive series out of it against Denver.
I didnt have much hope for celts today
Thought we had the spread of talent to win it coming into the season but losing Ime and then the collapses this season....

Since the Finals I keep thinking about how good it would be if Van Gundy could do special comments on AFL games. He's so much better than what we have. Would absolutely torch his co commentators too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back