Injury Bastinac scooting along

Remove this Banner Ad

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Slowly but surely, emerging youngster Ryan Bastinac edges closer to a return to football.

After taking all before him in his debut year in 2010, an inconspicuous training incident brought an abrupt end to his preparations for 2011; less than three months on, things are looking up.

On Monday he ran for the first time at Aegis Park and recently he started kicking short distances.

"Basti's going really well. He's started to run, which is a real positive for us. His improvement has been terrific every day. There's a very noticeable improvement in what he's doing," North's Director of Sports Science and Conditioning Peter Mulkearns told kangaroos.com.au.

http://www.kangaroos.com.au/latestnews/newsarticle/tabid/4912/newsid/111010/default.aspx

I can't wait to have him free wheelin' for the Roos again soon.

060411_Bastinac_IA.jpg

060411_Bastinac3.jpg

Great to see him back on deck!

God its good to have him training again, but the last thing I want to see is us rushing him back, make sure he's right to go before throwing him back into the fold.

Just from those photos he seems to have matured alot over the pre-season.

Is it just me or does he look to have lost his stick figure physique? (might just be the training shirts).

God its good to have him training again, but the last thing I want to see is us rushing him back, make sure he's right to go before throwing him back into the fold.

Just from those photos he seems to have matured alot over the pre-season.

Is it just me or does he look to have lost his stick figure physique? (might just be the training shirts).

I think its just you. I'd love to see him put on a bit of size. The day he really shakes a tackle is the day we get our elite midfielder. I think people may have already forgotten just how good he was last year for an underdeveloped inside midfielder. He'll add a lot if he returns fit. Makes good decisions and gets a ton of leather.

Interesting to see if he's one of those players that loses a bit of their X-factor due to the additional body weight/size. Im crossing my fingers, toes and eyes that hes not.

great to hear this news,

As an aside, in the pic above it looks like there is some kind of temporary barrier up and the seats look new? Anyone know what is happening at AS/AP?

great to hear this news,

As an aside, in the pic above it looks like there is some kind of temporary barrier up and the seats look new? Anyone know what is happening at AS/AP?

i love those seats thats where i sat back in the 70's with 2 of my aunts every week we were at home, at the ground by 10am, i used to have a kick before the reserves started:p:footy:, yeah i know i'm old....

i love those seats thats where i sat back in the 70's with 2 of my aunts every week we were at home, at the ground by 10am, i used to have a kick before the reserves started:p:footy:, yeah i know i'm old....

Those were the days where the old North ladies would get in at the crack of dawn and reserve 20 meters of seats on the fence with their knitted scarves they used to knit for 8 hours prior to every senior home game.

I think its just you. I'd love to see him put on a bit of size. The day he really shakes a tackle is the day we get our elite midfielder. I think people may have already forgotten just how good he was last year for an underdeveloped inside midfielder. He'll add a lot if he returns fit. Makes good decisions and gets a ton of leather.

Basti gets tackled?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back