Off-topic Bay Cricket Pt 3: THE one and only Ashes

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia: Best bowling attack in the world... lol
Nathan Lyon: GOAT... LOL

Australia: Best bowling attack in the world... lol
Nathan Lyon: GOAT... LOL

Beaten by the Indian 2nd XI at Brisbane. So disappointing.

Starc, Lyon, and Wade will be extremely lucky to be on the plane to South Africa.
I would think Tim Paine would be in trouble as well.

We don't win the Ashes next season with this team.

Beaten by the Indian 2nd XI at Brisbane. So disappointing.

Starc, Lyon, and Wade will be extremely lucky to be on the plane to South Africa.
I would think Tim Paine would be in trouble as well.

We don't win the Ashes next season with this team.
I thought Paine was pretty good this series, keeping was decent, his batting is criminally underrated. His leadership is undoubted but his tactics and field placings are poor, but I think that's partly the bowlers fault for not bowling to their field.

Lyon is an easy fix, quality bowler but bowled way too straight this series where he isn't a threat. He'll be alright. Other two are danger signs, but who else is there to replace them.

I thought Paine was pretty good this series, keeping was decent, his batting is criminally underrated. His leadership is undoubted but his tactics and field placings are poor, but I think that's partly the bowlers fault for not bowling to their field.

Lyon is an easy fix, quality bowler but bowled way too straight this series where he isn't a threat. He'll be alright. Other two are danger signs, but who else is there to replace them.

Ben McDermott and Jhye Richardson should be in the squad at least. Both could be world class.

Paine's batting was fine, but he will be 37 when the Ashes next kicks off, possibly coming off back-to-back series losses (we missed the ICC test championship final). I thought he wasn't aggressive enough this series.
I would be OK with Alex Carey behind the stumps, and Marnus Labuschagne installed as captain.

Ben McDermott and Jhye Richardson should be in the squad at least. Both could be world class.

Paine's batting was fine, but he will be 37 when the Ashes next kicks off, possibly coming off back-to-back series losses (we missed the ICC test championship final). I thought he wasn't aggressive enough this series.
I would be OK with Alex Carey behind the stumps, and Marnus Labuschagne installed as captain.
Good call, Richardson off the back of a long term injury though. Has Carey even played much shield cricket? Has he done any good? Labs as captain is a big no, Cummins all day.

Good call, Richardson off the back of a long term injury though. Has Carey even played much shield cricket? Has he done any good? Labs as captain is a big no, Cummins all day.
When has limited shield games/form stopped selections before? They seem pretty selective (pardon the pun) on when they actually give a s**t about that.
Cummins seems a good shout for captain. Lyon was mediocre but probably stays in for most of the SA games (barring continued s**t form). Starc was poor generally and might be better with a spell.
Middle order bats seem desperately needed but in very short supply.

When has limited shield games/form stopped selections before? They seem pretty selective (pardon the pun) on when they actually give a sh*t about that.
Cummins seems a good shout for captain. Lyon was mediocre but probably stays in for most of the SA games (barring continued sh*t form). Starc was poor generally and might be better with a spell.
Middle order bats seem desperately needed but in very short supply.
You have to feel for blokes like Jamie Siddons, Stuart Law and Brad Hodge who never got a real chance because the Aussie batting was so strong!

I thought Paine was pretty good this series, keeping was decent,

Surely you jest.

Paine as a keeper butchered four or five chances which may have changed the result of the series. His captaincy was non-existent as a factor, and for the sake of the children watching let us not describe his world worst practice at DRS.

Batted adequately.

Bloke did a mighty job at what he was brought in for after sandpapergate. That time has passed.

And * off Starc. 8 times thrown the new ball, 8 times did * all with it. OH BUT HE CLEANS UP THE TAIL END.

Maybe he used to. Not that that is anything to scream world class bowler either.

Paine as a keeper butchered four or five chances which may have changed the result of the series. His captaincy was non-existent as a factor, and for the sake of the children watching let us not describe his world worst practice at DRS.

This bloke says hi.
7be6d8d053b035deabdcc26e08723606

Fully agree with your assessment of Starc. He can GAGF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shiiiiiiiit.
Ireland being knocked out of the T20 World Cup by Namibia is like Richmond being knocked out by Carlton in the 2013 finals series (with Afghanistan being Essendon)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back