Game Day Cricket, Ashes 1st Test chat: Bangers & Mash vs Lamb Cutlets on the Barbie

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, this thread is about the cricket 🏏

Leave the footy trash talk to other threads, gods know there's enough of them.

Now, hoping Scotty Boland can get a few, then Trav-ball takes over and he and Ussie see us home.

They're predicting they'll take an early lunch (9:30 Vic time) with play unlikely to resume beforehand. Forecast looking better later in the day supposedly.

Adds another element of excitement if the draw becomes a genuine possibility I guess. Might put some pressure on us to score more aggressively, or if things to pear shaped, gives us the potential option to try for the draw.

They're predicting they'll take an early lunch (9:30 Vic time) with play unlikely to resume beforehand. Forecast looking better later in the day supposedly.

Adds another element of excitement if the draw becomes a genuine possibility I guess. Might put some pressure on us to score more aggressively, or if things to pear shaped, gives us the potential option to try for the draw.

The two sessions after lunch should be OK and be enough time to get a result, the first session is a write off though due to the shitty English weather.

D

Dont forget that the sun Sets very late in the English summer, (9:34pm for Birmingham tonight) so I can’t see the draw happening unless the rain sticks around well past lunch or comes back again.

Obviously overs will be lost but on the final day play can go well past the scheduled stumps time so we may not lose as much as you’d think.

D

Dont forget that the sun Sets very late in the English summer, (9:34pm for Birmingham tonight) so I can’t see the draw happening unless the rain sticks around well past lunch or comes back again.

Obviously overs will be lost but on the final day play can go well past the scheduled stumps time so we may not lose as much as you’d think.
Ah good point!

sheldon-cooper-boo.gif

Yep I’m really struggling tonight.

Me too, all these late nights staying up to watch the cricket start to catch up with you and I live in WA, it would be worse for people on the East Coast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me too, all these late nights staying up to watch the cricket start to catch up with you and I live in WA, it would be worse for people on the East Coast.
If there's any productivity/performance reviews this week, I'll be on Seek looking for a new job!

Trying to sneak in some arvo naps, but with seemingly every third house in the street being knocked down and rebuilt, the noise makes that nigh on impossible.

Sunday night was a write-off with the Canadian GP on just after the cricket too :sleeping:

Trying to sneak in some arvo naps, but with seemingly every third house in the street being knocked down and rebuilt, the noise makes that nigh on impossible
Have a nap in the 1st and 2nd houses, that's my advice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back