Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Brant Colledge

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Jonathan Giles

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus. Monkish!! You are well hooked up man. Super jealous. Post up what else youve got :)

Without wanting to sound like a w***er:
>Cantillon Mamouche
>Cantillon Vigneronne
>3 Font Armand & Gaston
>Russian River Supplication
>Westbrook Mexican Cake
>Goose Island 2014 BCBS
>Murrays Anniversay Ale #10 (I think it is #10) - Barleywine

Out of those I have only drunk the BCBS. Absolutely amazing. Destroys the Founders KBS imo.

edit - also drunk the mex cake. Chcocolate cake batter goodness. Didn't have much habanero though. Previous versions were said to have heaps so they must have dialled it back.

This come as a surprise but I'm not a huge fan of vodka mixers as I used to. The last time I seriously drank was Nye and that night I drank Jacks and did loads of tequila but for me a I need a cold beer when you chill with mates or have people over.
I'm no beer expert but are there any good full strength beers healthier than others?

Im not close to obese but suffering from being 30+ years old as an ex-skinny teen who is now obsessed with beer and brewing so I too am walking that line between fitness and enjoying life.

Id suggest you stick to a lighter beer which should have less residual unfermentable sugars from specialty malts. So lagers, pilsners, wheat beers, some pale ales. Alcohol % also comes into play as alcohol is dead calories. Find something under 5% to tickle your fancy.

Honestly getting into craft beers could help your cause. You wont save money but youll be buying singles or 4 packs or 6 packs and appreciating that beer more, drinking it slower.

Most of all, if you want a beer - earn it. I now try not to drink from Mon - Thurs and go for a ride to earn some calories back. Did a ride on Sunday just over an hr, down to North Coogee and back. Almost 900 calories burnt. Thats a few beer credits in the bank, but you also think twice about having one not to undo all of that hard work.

Yeah
Im not close to obese but suffering from being 30+ years old as an ex-skinny teen who is now obsessed with beer and brewing so I too am walking that line between fitness and enjoying life.

Id suggest you stick to a lighter beer which should have less residual unfermentable sugars from specialty malts. So lagers, pilsners, wheat beers, some pale ales. Alcohol % also comes into play as alcohol is dead calories. Find something under 5% to tickle your fancy.

Honestly getting into craft beers could help your cause. You wont save money but youll be buying singles or 4 packs or 6 packs and appreciating that beer more, drinking it slower.

Most of all, if you want a beer - earn it. I now try not to drink from Mon - Thurs and go for a ride to earn some calories back. Did a ride on Sunday just over an hr, down to North Coogee and back. Almost 900 calories burnt. Thats a few beer credits in the bank, but you also think twice about having one not to undo all of that hard work.
Yeah Im obese but i just started going on a strict diet with a plan to lose 20kgs in 3 months but I still love drinking. So I'm giving up dairy and sweets but still gonna drink. Like you I don't drink on weekdays unless I'm feeling stressed and need a few beers and a dart to settle me. I also don't want to be the type that drink wine cause I'm looking after my weight.
Yeah on hot days anything cold goes and even the worst beers go down ok so I guess I could get something you mentioned above.

I usually walk my dog 9-8kms before I used to go to the gym so I could do that on top of gym and earn another 600 calaroiea for beer.

Ugh, no midweek drinking?!

I think I'm getting close to needing to incorporate that policy into my life. Unfortunately.

Ugh, no midweek drinking?!

I think I'm getting close to needing to incorporate that policy into my life. Unfortunately.

Its a sad place. Especially with 60L of fresh beer on tap. But thats the cause and effect thing for me. And I love brewing. So now Im in this world where I want to brew more but need to drink less.

Friday arvo beers sure do taste delicious.

Brentwood sor and Coopers pale ale and if I have a bit of dough to spend I get their sparkling ale.

Youve got Cellarbrations Bull Creek, Clancys Trading Post, Cellarbrations Como and Como Liquor all close by.

Any of those stores would have a plethora of really nice pale ales and lighter beers to try. Id grab a mixed 6 pack or something, so 6 different singular beers, and slowly work your way through them. 1 or 2 full flavoured craft beers is so much better than a 6 pack of swill.

Robbe is the man at Bull Creek and Dane is the guy to chat to at Como Liquor. My inlaws are in Como so I pop into see Dane whenever Im close by. Top bloke.

Its a sad place. Especially with 60L of fresh beer on tap. But thats the cause and effect thing for me. And I love brewing. So now Im in this world where I want to brew more but need to drink less.

Youve got Cellarbrations Bull Creek, Clancys Trading Post, Cellarbrations Como and Como Liquor all close by.

Any of those stores would have a plethora of really nice pale ales and lighter beers to try. Id grab a mixed 6 pack or something, so 6 different singular beers, and slowly work your way through them. 1 or 2 full flavoured craft beers is so much better than a 6 pack of swill.

Robbe is the man at Bull Creek and Dane is the guy to chat to at Como Liquor. My inlaws are in Como so I pop into see Dane whenever Im close by. Top bloke.
Cheers and will do. Yeah in recent years my taste in beers have grown. Tho I haven't had any craft beers other than little creatures and few of stuff in the Swan valley. Tho some of that stuff that I had the Swan valley is deadly strong and fkd me up hard.

Cheers and will do. Yeah in recent years my taste in beers have grown. Tho I haven't had any craft beers other than little creatures and few of stuff in the Swan valley. Tho some of that stuff that I had the Swan valley is deadly strong and fkd me up hard.

Which breweries in S.V? Youve gotta know what youre looking for definitely. Ordering a Feral Razorback barley wine instead of a Sly Fox summer ale can really catch you off guard.

Which breweries in S.V? Youve gotta know what youre looking for definitely. Ordering a Feral Razorback barley wine instead of a Sly Fox summer ale can really catch you off guard.
it was a bday thing and everyone wanted to get pissed. Im not overly good with names but i remember having a couple of pints called the debilitator and that one was close to 8% or 9% alcohol and it was the last drink many of the boys had (last stop as well) but that stuffed a few up and couple of people yacked on the bus way home.

I also remember going to a german style establishment with those massive Fck off glasses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boatrocker L.A.B. was my pick this year. Other highlights were Tusk, War Hog, 3 Ravens Juicy, Cheeky Monkey Hop Flinger, Dainton Insane Uncle, Fixation IPA (probably taken the mantle as Australia's best IPA imo), Green Beacon Windjammer, La Sirene Sour Red and Pikes Kriek.

Boatrocker L.A.B. was my pick this year. Other highlights were Tusk, War Hog, 3 Ravens Juicy, Cheeky Monkey Hop Flinger, Dainton Insane Uncle, Fixation IPA (probably taken the mantle as Australia's best IPA imo), Green Beacon Windjammer, La Sirene Sour Red and Pikes Kriek.

Glad to hear you say that about Fixation and Im surprised I left it off my list. Its an incredible IPA and I have fallen for it madly. Some of my beer loving mates dont like it near as much as me. I cant work out why. I grabbed a carton of it untried just based off their ethos and good Eastern states feedback and was very happy with my choice. For the record Ive purchased full cartons of craft only a handful of times in the last year.

So what was everyone's favourite beers of 2016?

Mine would have to be Sly Fox. I just love Feral.
I especially like the fact you can get jugs of it at the Scotto for only $16

Reckon as far as Australian beers I've tried this year, the Feral Tusk and War Hog were incredible.

Also really liked one of the Mountain Goat belgian quads I had on tap earlier in the year but can't remember what it was called.

Boatrocker Ramjet was dang good too

Reckon as far as Australian beers I've tried this year, the Feral Tusk and War Hog were incredible.

Also really liked one of the Mountain Goat belgian quads I had on tap earlier in the year but can't remember what it was called.

Boatrocker Ramjet was dang good too

If it was MGs 2015 Christmas barrel aged quad then man, what a complex and beautiful beer. I cellared a bottle for a year and opened just before Xmas this year. Incredible. Wish I had a couple more

If it was MGs 2015 Christmas barrel aged quad then man, what a complex and beautiful beer. I cellared a bottle for a year and opened just before Xmas this year. Incredible. Wish I had a couple more
Pretty sure that's what it was.

I should have bought a bottle at the time but just had a pot

Love quads for complexity. So many things going on at once.

what beers should a novice like me should start off with?

what beers should a novice like me should start off with?

Great question to ask your local. There are so many hoppy beers that will feel like a flavour explosion even coming from a Coopers. Try Feral's sly fox. Even grab a can of their Perth Local lager for super easy drinking.

Nails VPA is out in cans and oh so good, but its about 6.5% and loaded with hops. Might be throwing you in the deep end a bit.

Gage Roads Single Fin is another to try. I would be harnessing in on summer ales. Stone & Wood Pacific Ale and Mountain Goat Summer Ale are another 2 to try.

Back