Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Jonathan Giles

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s Lynch takes a mark express brewing this week? :cool:
Sorry to disappoint

Plain old Coopers Stout kit about to go in the fermenter, loved it last year in the cold weather.

Was at Dutch Trading Company last Friday before Ed Shearen, some of the brewers (Modus I'm looking at you) are going all out on the mosaic which is getting a little old, citra was prominent in a pineapple IPA that was the pick of the bunch so I'm thinking of simplifying the process down to maybe 80/20 pale/wheat and then a mix of Motueka, el dorado and citra. Keep it fresh and hazy, the last one was pretty much fruit concentrate level of flavour and I can definitely back off on the hops.

I will probably drop back to the saison yeast, given my lack of environmental controls this yeast has had the best success at getting down to decent gravity readings.

Probably won't brew until the mid semester uni break :/

Sorry to disappoint

Plain old Coopers Stout kit about to go in the fermenter, loved it last year in the cold weather.

Was at Dutch Trading Company last Friday before Ed Shearen, some of the brewers (Modus I'm looking at you) are going all out on the mosaic which is getting a little old, citra was prominent in a pineapple IPA that was the pick of the bunch so I'm thinking of simplifying the process down to maybe 80/20 pale/wheat and then a mix of Motueka, el dorado and citra. Keep it fresh and hazy, the last one was pretty much fruit concentrate level of flavour and I can definitely back off on the hops.

I will probably drop back to the saison yeast, given my lack of environmental controls this yeast has had the best success at getting down to decent gravity readings.

Probably won't brew until the mid semester uni break :/
Love coopers stout - one of my absolute go to beers. But I’ve never brewed the kit.

Mosaic is definitely getting old. I remember having a motueka single hop beer by BrewDog about 9 years ago that I thought was amazing so I should give that hop a crack. Haven’t tried El dorado either.

I wish I gave brewing a go when I was a student! Although I reckon I would have done even less study if that were the case

I wish I gave brewing a go when I was a student! Although I reckon I would have done even less study if that were the case
This is a career change, once I got past 30 I knew what beers I liked so I brew to that, now that I can't afford to go to Maine and IBS for premium piss :p

This is a career change, once I got past 30 I knew what beers I liked so I brew to that, now that I can't afford to go to Maine and IBS for premium piss :p
I went to IBS when I was back in Perth recently and it’s even pricier than I remember it being when it was in West Leedy. Loved that place so much though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn’t say it’s s**t, but it’s way overused.

I’m pretty over the mango focus of recent times.

I wouldn’t say it’s s**t, but it’s way overused.

I’m pretty over the mango focus of recent times.

Fruit or mango from mosaic? I don't get any of the advertised aromas from mosaic. I find it a herbaceous, slightly berry type hop. It needs to be used in support of other hops and not as the main event.

Fruit or mango from mosaic? I don't get any of the advertised aromas from mosaic. I find it a herbaceous, slightly berry type hop. It needs to be used in support of other hops and not as the main event.
Really? I’ve only really ever had mango when using it on home brew to be honest - but it’s only been a couple of brews maybe it’s the way I’m using it.

I know that blueberry is a common vibe from reading about it, but it’s not something I’ve picked up. I’ve never bittered with it though

New recipe (not sure when I'm going to do it but stopped by the homebrew store on the way home)

Resurrection Bay 'Hazy IPA'

80% Pale malt
20% Flaked Wheat

Hops
60 minute - Pacific Jade
5 Minute - Citra, Riwaka
Whirlpool - Citra, Riwaka

NO DRY HOP

Yeast - Belle Saison

Target OG - 1.060
Target FG - 1.005

Last night I had the last of my strawberry saisons that I made mid last year with belle saison.

Man - it aged superbly. Easily my best beer.

If belle saison does that all the time I will certainly use it again.
I'm yet to have a bad brew using the Belle Saison yeast, never an issue with hitting gravity with my lack of temperature controls (actually going well past expected FG)

I'm yet to have a bad brew using the Belle Saison yeast, never an issue with hitting gravity with my lack of temperature controls (actually going well past expected FG)
Yeah Saison yeast would ferment concrete

Love coopers stout - one of my absolute go to beers. But I’ve never brewed the kit.

Mosaic is definitely getting old. I remember having a motueka single hop beer by BrewDog about 9 years ago that I thought was amazing so I should give that hop a crack. Haven’t tried El dorado either.

Coopers stout season is soon us.

Come at me you delicious beast

I didn't watch the JLT on Sunday but after the melts on here I imagine I'll be having a few more coopers stouts than usual this winter
Tis going to be a long winter.
Might as well buckle down with a few Coopers stouts and some popcorn and enjoy the melts

Back