BFL Bellarine Football League 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the same puerile retorts being aimed at those who suggested international cricket was tainted by match fixing too. We all know how that panned out, don't we?

Players probably have to pass a dishonesty test before they get drafted I suppose? Brisbane and Carlton must be getting sick of throwing matches.

Maybe your end of the peninsula should be renamed ”paranoia point” I’ve never read such complete garbage

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
My end of the peninsula has nothing to do with anything I have said in this discussion. I have advanced an argument that I don't agree with the policies of equalisation being applied to AFL Barwon comps, and used the example of the AFL's contrived results to state why. If you want to see the AFL as all above board and legit that's up to you, but because I see what you don't, or more likely, don't want to, doesn't make me paranoid. All I'm saying is I don't want to see a compromised competition. Surely no other true football person does either.

My end of the peninsula has nothing to do with anything I have said in this discussion. I have advanced an argument that I don't agree with the policies of equalisation being applied to AFL Barwon comps, and used the example of the AFL's contrived results to state why. If you want to see the AFL as all above board and legit that's up to you, but because I see what you don't, or more likely, don't want to, doesn't make me paranoid. All I'm saying is I don't want to see a compromised competition. Surely no other true football person does either.

People want to see even competitions and not the same clubs winning premierships every year. You crap on about hard work as if struggling clubs avoid it. Cashed up clubs who can buy players are the ones winning flags and it has little to do with hard work. It's not the 80s. $200 a game no longer gets you a gun. Clubs are forking out $1000+ a game for multiple imports now and laughing at Mickey Mouse salary caps that are genrally unenforcable. Your vision for country football would see clubs fold under financial burden from paying overs just to get a team on the park. Is that what you want? For poorer clubs to whither and die and 100s miss out on a game because they aren't up to Ammos standard. Is that your "uncompromised" league?

People want to see even competitions and not the same clubs winning premierships every year. You crap on about hard work as if struggling clubs avoid it. Cashed up clubs who can buy players are the ones winning flags and it has little to do with hard work. It's not the 80s. $200 a game no longer gets you a gun. Clubs are forking out $1000+ a game for multiple imports now and laughing at Mickey Mouse salary caps that are genrally unenforcable. Your vision for country football would see clubs fold under financial burden from paying overs just to get a team on the park. Is that what you want? For poorer clubs to whither and die and 100s miss out on a game because they aren't up to Ammos standard. Is that your "uncompromised" league?

Unenforceable caps, well if this years premiers are found to be over, they’ll lose it nothing surer and will face tougher penalties than Torquay in 2019
I’m sure most of don’t care and fair enough but Torquay’s suffering big time from their penalties, the players just seem to be going through the paces at the minute, this may change as the seasons goes on.

Unenforceable caps, well if this years premiers are found to be over, they’ll lose it nothing surer and will face tougher penalties than Torquay in 2019
I’m sure most of don’t care and fair enough but Torquay’s suffering big time from their penalties, the players just seem to be going through the paces at the minute, this may change as the seasons goes on.

Yeah poor choice of words. When I say generally unenforceable I mean there are ways around it with creative accounting. Cashed up generous supporters. Past players groups running functions at arms length from the clubs. Sponsors willing to put money in outside the books etc. Very very difficult to trace so very very difficult to catch the wrongdoers. It's happening, it will keep happening, everybody knows it and it's most likely more clubs than what people believe. My point was salary caps can be cheated, a points system can not.

Yeah poor choice of words. When I say generally unenforceable I mean there are ways around it with creative accounting. Cashed up generous supporters. Past players groups running functions at arms length from the clubs. Sponsors willing to put money in outside the books etc. Very very difficult to trace so very very difficult to catch the wrongdoers. It's happening, it will keep happening, everybody knows it and it's most likely more clubs than what people believe. My point was salary caps can be cheated, a points system can not.

No doubt, I agree, so how dumb were Torquay, they obviously thought nobody cares, how wrong they were.

There have been instances in Central Murray where if a points allocation has been breached that that team has gone in a player down. Has this happened down your way?

There have been instances in Central Murray where if a points allocation has been breached that that team has gone in a player down. Has this happened down your way?

Not sure if anyone has gone in a man down but there are a few 3 & 4 pointers playing reserve grade footy which makes me think this points system is working , too many clubs recruit on here say,and some pretty ordinary players can move from club to club on reputation , and quickly accrue points that might not be relevant to ability ,the responsibility is on the clubs and that’s a good thing

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if anyone has gone in a man down but there are a few 3 & 4 pointers playing reserve grade footy which makes me think this points system is working , too many clubs recruit on here say,and some pretty ordinary players can move from club to club on reputation , and quickly accrue points that might not be relevant to ability ,the responsibility is on the clubs and that’s a good thing

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Like who?

Ammos for example.
If you look at all 4 of their Grovedale recruits, pretty sure they have all played reserves to rotate through due to points pressure.

Will be interesting to see what they do come finals time. Not sure it is great for the culture of the club when high priced recruits have to be rested on a rotating basis. Surprised they signed "Sticky Fingers" Shepheard so late in the season knowing his point value and the current make up of their player points values.

Will be interesting to see what they do come finals time. Not sure it is great for the culture of the club when high priced recruits have to be rested on a rotating basis. Surprised they signed "Sticky Fingers" Shepheard so late in the season knowing his point value and the current make up of their player points values.

Exactly. Too me, it doesn’t make a lot of sense recruiting so many high value point system players. It’s going to upset a fair few at some point. Cannot be healthy for a club.

More fool be them, paying part of your salary cap for someone to play in the magoo’s is not clever footy management

Who said it was inside the salary cap? Maybe paying outside the cap for the magoo’s is clever footy management. As the points are reduced each year. I’m not saying it’s wright but clubs will always be looking for ways to beat the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back