Bellend Barrett’s clarko agenda?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked his one a few weeks ago when he suggested we’d won dead rubber games at the end of 2019.
GWS, West Coast to knock them out of the 4, Geelong, Collingwood.

Forgive me if I’m wrong but weren’t they all fighting to make the 4 or stay in it in all of those games. Albeit GWS were decimated by injury, but we still destroyed them.

I liked his one a few weeks ago when he suggested we’d won dead rubber games at the end of 2019.
GWS, West Coast to knock them out of the 4, Geelong, Collingwood.

Forgive me if I’m wrong but weren’t they all fighting to make the 4 or stay in it in all of those games. Albeit GWS were decimated by injury, but we still destroyed them.

I was at the West Coast match

The crowd certainly knew that losing the match meant they couldn't win the premiership

Was a great night

Why is Barrett nicknamed “Purple”?
Comes from "purple headed warrior". Which a quick google search will tell you what that means. How that came about is anyone's guess. He does tend to annoy a fair portion of the AFL clubland though. Surely no coincidence he is not a "news breaker" anymore.

Its highly likely all of those coaches have called him out at some stage or another. The bloke harbours a grudge like no other. A grade flog.

1. It's common knowledge that Beveridge and Barrett almost came to blows at a Brownlow medal night a few years ago. I think Bevo is on record as saying whist he is the Dogs coach, Barrett should avoid going anywhere near the club!

2. Not sure of the back story but Worsfold has often pulled the abrupt 'Next Question' as an answer when Barrett used to attend pressers.

3. Clarko has on a few occasions indirectly told Barrett to GAGF! Most recently in response to Barrett's article suggesting again that there are historical 'irreconcilable' differences between Clarko and Kennett which could result in one or both being sacked soon..!
Then after the Hawks beat the Blues, a jounro boldly asked Clarko if this will help 'patch things up with Jeff..?'
Clarko's smiling response was: "Sadly for certain people in the media who wish to create division in our club there is nothing I need to patch up!"...

Last edited:
So
1. It's common knowledge that Beveridge and Barrett almost came to blows at the Brownlow medal night a few years ago. I think Bevo is on record as saying whist he is the Dogs coach, Barrett should avoid going anywhere near the club!

2. Not sure of the back story but Worsfold has often pulled the abrupt 'Next Question' as an answer when Barrett used to attend pressers.

3. Clarko has on a few occasions indirectly told Barrett to GAGF! Most recently in response to Barrett's article suggesting again that there are historical 'irreconcilable' differences between Clarko and Kennett which could result in one or both being sacked soon..!
Then after the Hawks beat the Blues, a jounro boldly asked Clarko if this will help 'patch things up with Jeff..?'
Clarko's smiling response was: "Sadly for certain people in the media who wish to create division in our club there is nothing i need to patch up!"...
So as 'AFL media whatever-his-role-is', is it in his role description to continually piss off AFL coaches, especially a most succesful one in AC? He has also gone into a war of words with Tim Watson recently. Could Barrett be a perennial pest?

So

So as 'AFL media whatever-his-role-is', is it in his role description to continually piss off AFL coaches, especially a most successful one in AC? He has also gone into a war of words with Tim Watson recently. Could Barrett be a perennial pest?

It's all about maintaining relevance in an industry that Clarko rightly points out has more talking heads and opinions on footy than comparable journo's do on Federal politics.
My observation is that because all clubs or coaches are well guarded and versed on telling the media 'what you want them to know', as opposed to, 'what they want to know', Barrett often creates a narrative to bait coaches looking for a response.
My understanding is that Barrett is employed by both Ch9 and the AFL as a contributing presenter/journo during regular footy shows and for his online presentations and articles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's all about maintaining relevance in an industry that Clarko rightly points out has more talking heads and opinions on footy than comparable journo's do on Federal politics.
My observation is that because all clubs or coaches are well guarded and versed on telling the media 'what you want them to know', as opposed to, 'what they want to know', Barrett often creates a narrative to bait coaches looking for a response.
My understanding is that Barrett is employed by both Ch9 and the AFL as a contributing presenter/journo during regular footy shows and for his online presentations and articles.
BTW, enjoyed reading what Tim Watson said about Barrett, voice of treason and all that😁

I think he gets upset that Clarko and others dismiss him as irrelevant, so he's continually prodding them trying to get a response out of them; then he'll jump on that.

Unfortunately, the average dumbarse punter just laps it up and doesn't hold the sh*t journalism to account.

I'd say Bingo! I would think at various stages, all those coaches would have told Barrett to bugger off, and rightly so. I'd do the same thing. The amazing thing about these semi-evolved simians is they think they can say whatever they like about people, and then expect those people to respect them. Amazing.

Best thing I ever did a few years back is stop reading articles from these people and stop watching their squalid little TV shows. I'm not interested in what they think, their opinions are no more valid than yours or mine. Would love to Barrett locked in a sound proof room with Clarko, Worsfold and Bevo and see how he handles himself. My bet is he'd be curled up in a ball sobbing like the sniveling little coward we all suspect he would be.

Has very thin skin and an even more fragile ego.

Loves to criticise, sensationalise, and even just plain make s**t up. But when called on it or is on the receiving end of anything in return he hides away like a shrinking violet.

Possibly that's the origin of the nickname, 'Purple'? But the theories involving his physical and metaphorical resemblance to a piece of genitalia are equally sound.

Has very thin skin and an even more fragile ego.

Loves to criticise, sensationalise, and even just plain make sh*t up. But when called on it or is on the receiving end of anything in return he hides away like a shrinking violet.

Possibly that's the origin of the nickname, 'Purple'? But the theories involving his physical and metaphorical resemblance to a piece of genitalia are equally sound.

This is mainly known as speculation and creating believable nonsense!
A reoccurring strategy I've noticed recently is they (the 800 odd media people reporting on anything AFL related) often craft an article from an opinion based discussion (from shows like On The Couch/Footy Classified etc.) then if it grows some legs they flip it around and introduce 3rd party references and sources - which ends up simply a media industry circle jerk of content purely for the sake of content...

BTW, enjoyed reading what Tim Watson said about Barrett, voice of treason and all that😁
Yes even more so the reference to the specific fine glass Cracking easily which he likened to the fragile jaw of Barrett. The delivery by Tim was superb.

That headline/commentary is just proof of his agenda. If there was one coach in the competition who had a legitimate grievance following the weekend's games, it was probably AC. But because he did not pursue it, Barrett redirects focus to some side remarks.

I agree with other poster (gold-f) that the AFL should really not be accommodating that type of coverage on its website. Perhaps they believe it works in their interests as well (I mean Gil etc.).
To the mouth-breathers & supporters of 17 other clubs (or are they one & the same?), it discredits Clarko & undermines his position & criticism. The AFL discredits him without having to be seen to silence him.

Not only would the AFL happily give him a medium for barrett's* garbage, I'd not be surprised to one-day hear that they influenced his agenda.

*lower case 'b' deliberate

He senses that Clarko is more vulnerable now than he's ever been. He's no longer untouchable like he was during the 3peat days, and he sees one of the oldest lists sitting at the tail end of the ladder.

It's easy for him to have a go now. He wouldn't have dared during our peak. He's a coward.

Always remember the time he was having a go at Bevo, and then Bevo confronted him in person on brownlow night and the knobhead had nothing to say. But as soon as he got back on radio/tv, etc he was right back at it with a vengeance.

I am not sure where his enmity toward Clarko comes from but, like Jon Ralph, it’s obvious in everything he writes/says. They are both just grossly unprofessional and unworthy of attention. A sad product of a media landscape that is too saturated to stand up as a reputable news breaker so people resort to voicing lazy opinions and airing personal grievances to stay employed. I don’t watch or listen to any footy programs anymore and haven’t for 3-4 years now. My only guilty indulgence is Twitter, which I should also avoid. It’s all noise and garbage.

Here’s today’s. Saves everyone els clicking on it to give him the view. It actually shows that he either doesn’t listen to what’s being said or just interprets it how he wants.

Attachments

• EB1631B9-4C44-4374-855B-15E772F2E06A.png
    EB1631B9-4C44-4374-855B-15E772F2E06A.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 197
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back