Ben Cousins doco 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah that was s**t. Basil is such a flog he should never be involved.

Im still amazed Cousins has lived longer than Heath Ledger. There is absolutely no way back for him. Cant imagine anyone giving him employment. Interesting to note his “mates” in John Kizon etc are nowhere to be seen. Not that anyone is surprised.

Feel like channel 7 randomly invited Nicnat and Fyfe just for substance because the answers Ben gave were empty and useless. Then you realise MAFS finale is on the channel 9 and its so blatantly obvious Basil and 7 have just exploited a bloke who is still at rock bottom.

I can't believe people in Australia still consider getting into drugs knowing the Ben Cousins downfall.

Such a shocking waste. I don't get mad at a lot of things, but Ben Cousins and just thinking about what could've been for him outside of his football life just pisses me off. And he only has himself to blame
Should be shown in every school around the country. Solid family, good looking guy, great support networks around him, one of the best footballers in the country - yet drugs have taken him to rock bottom. If it can happen to him it can happen to anyone. Very sad viewing and I just hope the money he got paid went to something other than his habit.

Should be shown in every school around the country. Solid family, good looking guy, great support networks around him, one of the best footballers in the country - yet drugs have taken him to rock bottom. If it can happen to him it can happen to anyone. Very sad viewing and I just hope the money he got paid went to something other than his habit.
Most of the cash went to lawyers fwir

Wasn't pinging during the interview, but you could tell he was on some heavy prescription meds which slow your nervous system to a halt

Saw the ads for it, didn't give a s**t.

Read this thread, seems apparent I missed nothing even slightly noteworthy.

I prefer to remember Benny as the Eagles legend he was pre-2007.
Yeh.
Can’t see the purpose of the interview .
My son and I had to walk away from the TV on occasions Basil’s line of questioning was poor and achieved nothing
Should be the end of the story.
It now needs to fade into obscurity and never visited again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You always got to take it with a grain of salt with the way TV program likes to edit things, but there was absolutely no evidence that Ben has taken responsibility for his actions and will recover.

His brain is cooked and no one will ever give him a job. It took 5 days to get nonsensical answers to a handful of questions.

It's so sad. Love the footballer. Even went out of my way to watch his games at Richmond.

A real sad story.

Not much of a tell all interview, nothing new was learnt, Ben is a drug addict who doesn't seem like he is ever going to escape the addiction, and will never take any responsibilty for his own choices he made many years ago to go down the path of taking drugs.

And whilst they are not always fair and even, the one thing out of this is that the family law court have got his situation 100% correct, there is no way in his current form or past should he be anywhere near those kids, it looked quiet clear his brain is fried and his personality that went from calm and evasive with Basil, to his ranting when certain buttons were pushed for rather tame questions was scary, and the idea he wanted a guy like Mick Gatto involved to help sort it out, means family law have got it spot on with Ben, add the fact that he is basically homeless, it is a no brainer, right now those kids are a lot safer away from him.

His responses when asked about his parents and is he sorry, was disgusting and his family did the absolute right thing cutting ties with him, as good as a footballer he was, he is nothing more than a hopeless drug addict now, and you can understand why they would want nothing to do with him, you can only imagine the stress he caused in that family over time, why would you want that in your life. His last rant about his father showed they cannot have anything to do with him until he makes some major changes in his life, which after watching last night will most likely never happen.

If his last interview was 10 years ago, then it should have been stopped there as he, sadly for his Dad and Mum, is never going to resurface as that “fine young man” that people convinced themselves he was. Too far gone to gain any form of redemption with anybody and above all, himself as he still loves the “high”.

Really sad...but honestly all I really saw and heard from him was me me me & me..even when asked how it’s affecting his parents it all came back to how it affected him..so terrible hope he gets smart quickly for his and his family’s sake...

Saw the ads for it, didn't give a s**t.

Read this thread, seems apparent I missed nothing even slightly noteworthy.

I prefer to remember Benny as the Eagles legend he was pre-2007.
Just about exactly mirrored my attitude to it, even flicked the channel when the promo's were on, not interested in Ch 7s desperate grab for ratings. Don't encourage em I say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back