Society/Culture Ben Shapiro

Remove this Banner Ad

So
How would YOU explain homosexuality to under 5’s ?
I’m intrigued
Would you need to? They're not even forming many long term memories at that point.

I mean, showing them same sex couples in shows would do the job. How do we explain heterosexuality to them? Sexuality full stop?

Would you need to? They're not even forming many long term memories at that point.

I mean, showing them same sex couples in shows would do the job. How do we explain heterosexuality to them? Sexuality full stop?

An under 5 isn’t forming long term memories ?
You mean like talking , counting, learning the alphabet, recognizing and remembering peoples names?
Ludicrous statement
So if I attach a modicum of credence to your thought, what’s the point of making it an issue for them ?
Children constantly question things
I can explain mummy and daddy quite readily and have done to their satisfaction at an early age when we had baby 2 and baby 3

An under 5 isn’t forming long term memories ?
No. Think back. You won't have a great deal of specific memories from your early childhood. 3-4 is when they start for most people. Others 5-7.

Childhood amnesia.

Children constantly question things
I can explain mummy and daddy quite readily and have done to their satisfaction at an early age when we had baby 2 and baby 3
So learn a way to explain same sex couples. I'm sure it's been done. Or don't and whinge about people who do.

No. Think back. You won't have a great deal of specific memories from your early childhood. 3-4 is when they start for most people. Others 5-7.

Childhood amnesia.

So learn a way to explain same sex couples. I'm sure it's been done. Or don't and whinge about people who do.
I literally just said I had explained it to my kids at a very young age based on the fact that we were having a baby.
You tell me why they need to know the ins and outs of gay sex ?
And if you think is there a need to educate them on sexuality why would you expose them to it if they won’t remember it ?

In any case, this should - if you choose to read it - go some of the distance towards explaining why there's not really a problem here:

Society treats certain things as the default; whiteness, heterosexuality, monogamy. When someone varies from those behaviours - for any reason - social consequences can arise.

This is not a good thing, for society or for those it choses to exclude due to not being the default. The way we solve it is entirely down to how we choose to treat people whose behaviour is not the default, and that is eminently simple to fix.

Last edited:
So
How would YOU explain homosexuality to under 5’s ?
I’m intrigued
I bet you are lol. Funny you picked that specific comment of Shapiro's - thought to myself as I was watching that's one of the most easily explained strawmanish statements on the topic I've ever heard :drunk:

I'd start along the lines of, you know how mommy loves daddy and mommy is a girl and daddy is a boy? Well, there are also people who are boys that love boys and girls that love girls instead.

Interesting moment a few months back with my 6 year old. Very close with his best mate, who lives about 100 meters up the road so they spend a heap of time mucking round together. They were telling me how much they love each other, and my son's mate says "Yeah, we're gonna get married!" Pretty cute and funny, I laughed just as I would have if he'd said he was gonna marry the little girl who lives over the road. The mate's 8 year old brother who was also in the room gravely and seriously pipes up with "Hey do you know, boys can marry boys now".

You can do whatever you like parenting wise, absent of confining them in the house or standing right beside them every interaction they have kids are still gonna come across this stuff. I fail to see how showing support like Sesame Street did is any issue whatsoever.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You tell me why they need to know the ins and outs of gay sex ?
Quite the telling comment here mate imo.

My 6 year old has understood for awhile now that his mum and I are married, that we love each other and that we're all a family together. You'll be amazed to know that we've managed to instill this understanding without getting into the ins and outs of hetero sex.

You seem to think that any reference to LGBTQ stuff also comes with an implicit 'sex' angle, its bizarre. Not that you're on your own there I suppose - "assless chaps", god damn :tearsofjoy:

Quite the telling comment here mate imo.

My 6 year old has understood for awhile now that his mum and I are married, that we love each other and that we're all a family together. You'll be amazed to know that we've managed to instill this understanding without getting into the ins and outs of hetero sex.

You seem to think that any reference to LGBTQ stuff also comes with an implicit 'sex' angle, its bizarre. Not that you're on your own there I suppose - "assless chaps", god damn :tearsofjoy:
Has your wife been pregnant again while you’ve had this 6 year old ?

I bet you are lol. Funny you picked that specific comment of Shapiro's - thought to myself as I was watching that's one of the most easily explained strawmanish statements on the topic I've ever heard :drunk:

I'd start along the lines of, you know how mommy loves daddy and mommy is a girl and daddy is a boy? Well, there are also people who are boys that love boys and girls that love girls instead.

Interesting moment a few months back with my 6 year old. Very close with his best mate, who lives about 100 meters up the road so they spend a heap of time mucking round together. They were telling me how much they love each other, and my son's mate says "Yeah, we're gonna get married!" Pretty cute and funny, I laughed just as I would have if he'd said he was gonna marry the little girl who lives over the road. The mate's 8 year old brother who was also in the room gravely and seriously pipes up with "Hey do you know, boys can marry boys now".

You can do whatever you like parenting wise, absent of confining them in the house or standing right beside them every interaction they have kids are still gonna come across this stuff. I fail to see how showing support like Sesame Street did is any issue whatsoever.
Oh … how sweet ….😂
Touchy feely cutesy
And the reproductive side of things ?
My children are fully aware of how their brothers and sister were conceived.
I’m referring to the argument that if it makes no difference according to one poster here because kids don’t “remember” stuff then why bother promoting pride ?

Do you need to explain heterosexual attraction to your children?
For the 3rd time now - you need to explain why mum is having a baby therefore yes to an extent you do.
I don’t think they need to worry about gay sex.
My question remains unanswered
IF children dont “remember” stuff at an age where they watch Sesame Street according to your comrade, then why do Sesame Street need to refer to gay pride anyhow?

Seems a strange argument - they won’t remember it coz they’re too young but hit them with it while they’re young

Just another argument none of you can address

For the 3rd time now - you need to explain why mum is having a baby therefore yes to an extent you do.
IF children dont “remember” stuff at an age where they watch Sesame Street according to your comrade, then why do Sesame Street need to refer to gay pride anyhow?

Seems a strange argument - they won’t remember it coz they’re too young but hit them with it while they’re young

I would imagine it's because even though you might not remember the specifics of it, the exposure to this stuff builds into children's subconsciousness that it isn't weird or abnormal.

You might note that at no point in my post did I mention sex or sexuality. I said 'attraction', because for a child pre puberty an explanation does not really need go much further than that.

Child bearing is what necessitates discussion of sex. How convenient then that homosexual couples don't actually need to have that conversation unless they deliberately choose to do so.
Your question was a loaded one, born from your desire to have both a discussion of sex and a discussion of attraction at the same time with your own children. Others experiences will be different.

Think you're confusing me with someone else, Bards.
When you make an argument, I'll consider whether it's serious enough to be addressed.

Til then, have fun!

Last edited:
You might note that at no point in my post did I mention sex or sexuality. I said 'attraction', because for a child pre puberty an explanation does not really need go much further than that.

Child bearing is what necessitates discussion of sex. How convenient then that homosexual couples don't actually need to have that conversation unless they deliberately choose to do so.

Your question was a loaded one, born from your desire to have both a discussion of sex and a discussion of attraction at the same time with your own children. Others experiences will be different.

Think you're confusing me with someone else, Bards.

When you make an argument, I'll consider whether it's serious enough to be addressed.

Til then, have fun!
Child bearing is not a convenience. It’s a fact of life that refers to a hetero couple in my instance.

The same conversation in a same sex marriage would involve a very different conversation.

I did not state it was you - I explicitly stated “your comrade” and unless you actually understand my questions I would prefer you not reply

Cheers

Child bearing is not a convenience. It’s a fact of life that refers to a hetero couple in my instance.
I don't recall saying it was.
The same conversation in a sane sex marriage would involve a very different conversation.
... and?
I did not state it was you - I explicitly stated “your comrade” and unless you actually understand my questions I would prefer you not reply
A superior pose does not become you, and is one of the deeper ironies I've seen on here. There are several reasons why, but out of a twisted enjoyment of your older work I'll let them slide for now.

I don't recall saying it was.

... and?

A superior pose does not become you, and is one of the deeper ironies I've seen on here. There are several reasons why, but out of a twisted enjoyment of your older work I'll let them slide for now

“Child bearing is what necessitates discussion of sex. How convenient then that homosexual couples don't actually need to have that conversation unless they deliberately choose to do so.”

Mmmmm
Rite

As for superior pose - that’s hilarious.
The self righteous faux indignation displayed by anyone taking an alternative view to the echo chamber inmates, here is simply gobsmacking

You want discussion but the moment there is disagreement there is thread banning

Anyway
Let’s get back to Ben

“Child bearing is what necessitates discussion of sex. How convenient then that homosexual couples don't actually need to have that conversation unless they deliberately choose to do so.”

Mmmmm
Rite
Do you have a point, or would you like me to make one up for you?

This isn't even shifting the goalposts. You've just restated what I've said and misspelt a word.
As for superior pose - that’s hilarious.
The self righteous faux indignation displayed by anyone taking an alternative view to the echo chamber inmates, here is simply gobsmacking
A note: you cannot know whether someone else is legitimate in how they react to yours or other's posting.

Just because you disagree with someone does not entail that they are affecting emotion. Do you think the other people on this forum are reptiles?
You want discussion but the moment there is disagreement there is thread banning
Another note: discussion of moderation on the open forum is against site rules. Should you wish to seek clarification for why you have received a threadban, do so via PM.
Anyway
Let’s get back to Ben
It must pain you not to have gotten what you wanted from this interaction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back