Rumour Ben Sinclair Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMac doesn't understand why people who have 2-3 degrees of separation with a player would post on big footy. So it can't be true!

I thought this was one of the reasons big footy was here to share this type of info somewhat anonymously.

He could be Ben's cousin but he isn't going to say that. The people who post on here with tidbits are likely going to protect themselves. So perhaps the relationship described is not true, but the info is in the money, and sad for Ben if so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s not really news though is it? It was reported on the AFL website a few days ago that the club was waiting for results of a medical.

I hope it’s not true, mainly he is the player we have been missing in the line up. Quick small backman who takes the game on.
But if true then all the best Ben, your future is more important.

I hope it’s not true, mainly he is the player we have been missing in the line up. Quick small backman who takes the game on.
But if true then all the best Ben, your future is more important.
I hope it is true and that we're finally looking at other options in this role instead of sticking to an injury prone one and wondering why we have no speed in our backline half the time.

Loved Sinkers when he was in, one of my favourites.
He was really improving in 2016 so it's a shame that he missed most of this year.

Always feel for a young guy who can't get a solid run at it due to injury and other things outside his control.
However it probably is far too risky for his own future well-being to push for a few more years of AFL.

I wish him luck in whatever comes next, from all accounts I've heard he is a great bloke off-field too.

I’ve met him a few times through a couple of La Trobe sponsored events. Nicest player I’ve think I’ve ever met at the club. I feel for him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was the whipping boy in here for quite some time. Hope he makes a good go of post footy life. (Assuming his AFL career is over)

I hope it is true and that we're finally looking at other options in this role instead of sticking to an injury prone one and wondering why we have no speed in our backline half the time.
Interesting

There goes the only speed out of our backline, another monumental stuff up by the list management team to leave us with only Ramsay and Smith, who are both off contract and could still be delisted

Virtually ensures taking Coffield and hoping someone like Richards falls to 38... we'll take care of the key positions next year I guess :mad:

Bad luck Sinkers, a few of his last games really highlighted how good he could have been, he had fixed up his disposal, was surprisingly strong in the air and against opponents, and could get to every contest as well as being that line breaker off half back with his speed
ok we were watching a different player then. All I remember is tried to do too much and turned it out on loop

ok we were watching a different player then. All I remember is tried to do too much and turned it out on loop
We must have been, fit he was best 22 and the only point of difference in that backline

List management has to wear most of that, absolutely criminal to have him as the only genuine toe out of the backline considering where the game has gone of late

We must have been, fit he was best 22 and the only point of difference in that backline

List management has to wear most of that, absolutely criminal to have him as the only genuine toe out of the backline considering where the game has gone of late
Speed undeniable but unreliable most of the time

Speed undeniable but unreliable most of the time
Early on, but he had really worked on his disposal and was breaking lines, he's a loss

Smith and Ramsay won't be because they don't have that same acceleration, we need to nail players with genuine speed in the draft, the likes of Coffield Bonar Richards Farrell Daniels Miller Paton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Early on, but he had really worked on his disposal and was breaking lines, he's a loss

Smith and Ramsay won't be because they don't have that same acceleration, we need to nail players with genuine speed in the draft, the likes of Coffield Bonar Farrell Daniels Miller Paton
amongst other things in the draft

He’s got no intentions of giving it away but Collingwood are probably going to delist him.
He would offer more than Murray but that’s why we got Murray to play his role. It’s cost us a pretty penny to replace an average footballer with what’s most likely going to be another average player.

He’s got no intentions of giving it away but Collingwood are probably going to delist him.
He would offer more than Murray but that’s why we got Murray to play his role. It’s cost us a pretty penny to replace an average footballer with what’s most likely going to be another average player.
I can understand that on the basis that Murray is unlikely to be as good a footballer as Sinclair but it's not Sinclair lack of ability that will cause his delistingif it happens. It's the terrible injury run he has had and that's just bad luck, no one fault.

Feel for him if true; but not unexpected.

Don't blame the club though as the multiple concussions, soft tissue injuries and only 24 games over the last 4 seasons (including none this year) mean he was providing little value of recent times. He has been on the list since 2010 (drafted in 2009); it's time to cut bait and move one.

Thanks for your efforts Ben and good luck if you get another chance somewhere else.

He has to give it away, and the AFL should give him a decent payout, the dude was getting concussed every second week.
You raise a good point. Depending on the medical report that the club has commissioned, if it is found that Sinclair is unable to continue his football career, I would think that he would qualify under the AFL rules for compensation under their insurance scheme. The grey area would be if say the medical report says he can play, but Collingwood doesn't want to take the risk to give him another contract. Then what happens?

1116 SEN Footy‏Verified account @SENfooty

JUST IN | @CollingwoodFC's Ben Sinclair has retired, whilst Adam Oxley and Jackson Ramsay have been delisted

*Oxley to be rookied

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back