Best Murray Walker Quotes

Remove this Banner Ad

Murray Walker has some rippers these are some of the great ones.

What are your favourites?

"With half the race gone, there is half the race still to go"

"Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?"

"...and HERE COMES DAMON HILL IN THE WILLIAMS!!!!.....this car is absolutely unique!....except for the one behind it....which is exactly the same..."

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."

"Tambay's hopes , which were nil before, are absolutely zero now."

'and I interrupt myself to bring you this....'

'and the catchphrase 'Unless I'm very much mistaken....I AM very much mistaken!'

Murray Walker has some rippers these are some of the great ones.

What are your favourites?

"With half the race gone, there is half the race still to go"

"Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?"

"...and HERE COMES DAMON HILL IN THE WILLIAMS!!!!.....this car is absolutely unique!....except for the one behind it....which is exactly the same..."

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."

"Tambay's hopes , which were nil before, are absolutely zero now."

'and I interrupt myself to bring you this....'

'and the catchphrase 'Unless I'm very much mistaken....I AM very much mistaken!'
sorry to be nitpicky its "his car is absolutely unique!....except for the one behind it....which is identical.."

"I've no idea what Eddie Irvine's orders are, but he's following them superlatively well."

"The beak of Ayrton Senna's chicken is pulling ahead"

Whilest special guest commentator for Bathurst "The European drivers have adapted to this circuit extremely quickly, especially Paul Radisich who's a New Zealander"

Love ya work Murray :thumbsu:

As an introductory piece for a rallysprint race, Murray was put in the Navigator's seat alongside Tony Pond in a Chevette HSR (270 BHP, rwd, and TWITCHY), added an in-car camera, and wired Murray for sound. The result can be deduced by extrapolating his usual excitement and enthusiasm, and adding a large pinch of raw terror! "And there's a 600 foot drop on my left..AND we're doing 120 mph... AND we're approaching a hairpin...OH MY GOD we're going to die..."

That was a classic from the page link above

"And at last we're seeing some action. These ****ing cars have been going round and round and round it's been sooooo ****ing boring!"

Good old Billy Birmingham :D

F1 hasnt been the same since the mindless gibberish of Murray Walker hung up his microphone. He could make the dullest of races seem so exciting. I actually had the pleasure of meeting the man at the Classic Adelaide Rally a few years back, really quality guy who seemed like he really wanted to talk to everyone.

"I've no idea what Eddie Irvine's orders are, but he's following them superlatively well."

Was looking through some old threads & came accross this & lol'd hard.

This is an interesting circuit because it has inclines, and not just up, but down as well.

It is a sad ending, albeit a happy one, here at Montreal for today's Grand Prix.

Prost can see Mansell in his earphones!

He's done that in a whisker under 10 seconds. Call it 9.7 in round figures.

If Mika Hakkinen is going to do well here, he's going to have to pull his great big woolly Finnish socks up!

He's obviously gone in for a wheel change. I say obviously because I can't see it.

And now the boot is on the other Schumacher.

Schumacher's appeal for ignoring the chequered flag is next Tuesday.

... Schumacher has just completed lap 77 of 73.

The Benetton is handling superbly as ever. Williams have worked very, very hard on it at the beginning of the year.

Nigel Mansell had a problem with the wheel nut on his Williams, then went on to win brilliantly for Ferrari.

I can't imagine what kind of a problem Senna has. I imagine it must be some sort of grip problem.

I've just stopped my startwatch.

[youtube]84Oga6kBf6g[/youtube]

Argh!

Sucks that video is not working.Is actually my favourite of them all.... that and SPIN SPIN SPIN!

It's a video of rallycross.... so super dirty rallying in a circle.

Murray is watching a car and says "see those holes in the windscreen.... they are there so the driver can see out when the window gets dirty and muddy... ingenious... we've already seen many of his competitors lose vision and go into the wall.... not him...."

Moments later...... BANG!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's one on youtube where he gets stuck into Alesi for forgetting to stop and running out of fuel in Melbourne one year. (I think it was Melbourne)

I know its not Murray Walker but it sure is his style!

[YOUTUBE]CgBvCplFrBI[/YOUTUBE]

All of em from his own mouth!
[YOUTUBE]A0TZ_YLQSgg[/YOUTUBE]

I heard that Jonathon Legard may get the boot at the end of this season? any truth in that rumour or?

Got bored and tried my best impersonation of the great man :eek: Shithouse, but just thought i'd give it a go... :D don't be too harsh!

[YOUTUBE]BJPe9iKhN7I[/YOUTUBE]

I heard that Jonathon Legard may get the boot at the end of this season? any truth in that rumour or?

First I've heard of that one, but he makes James Allen bearable. I just hope they don't hire Ben Edwards (the bloke who does BTCC) who is even worse than Legard if he is replaced.

On an English radio show (I'm Sorry, I Haven't a Clue), they do various impersonation gags. Murray Walker is one of their favorites. They've done Charge of The Light Brigade, a Royal Wedding, and Christmas Shopping (as commented on by MW). All very funny.

I'll see if I can dig some up.

I bought Murray Walkers autobiograph; My Life, Unless I'm Very Much Mistaken, off iTunes. The book itself is pretty good, but even better is Murray himself reading it. You can tell he's having a fantastic time talking about all these great memories of his, and the last chapter is him redoing all his famous lines and "Murrayisms". I recommend it to anyone who enjoys motorsport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back