Best players - numbers 3 to 10

Remove this Banner Ad

How anyone can have watched both Brayshaw and Cerra play AFL footy and say they rate Cerra the higher of the two is honestly beyond me.

Don’t get the hype with Cerra tbh...
I'm pretty open with my Andy love but I definitely think Cerra has more potential. Whether he gets there or not is a different matter.

I'm pretty open with my Andy love but I definitely think Cerra has more potential. Whether he gets there or not is a different matter.
Think it’s fair to say that Brayshaw has the higher floor, but Cerra with the higher ceiling

You don't even think Andy is best 22 lol. Yep, totally objective and hate-free
Absolutely hate-free.
He is one of ours. How could I ever hate one of our players.
Not objective at all however, but who is?
I'll try 3 to 10 only this time
3. Hogan
4. Pearce
5. Lobb
6. Mundy
7. Hill
8. Ryan
9. Hamling
10. Logue

On CPH1920 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Think it’s fair to say that Brayshaw has the higher floor, but Cerra with the higher ceiling
I value high floor, and tend to have questions about players with high ceilings. Cerra seems to put in the work to develop physically and I am not unhappy with his development. But I have concerns about players who have had things happen a bit too easily rather than earned. For me Cerra sits on the cusp of this. We have been pumping games into him as early as possible. He is a player that I am disappointed for with the impacted season. His opportunity to develop consistent performance is exactly what we need.

I thought I would break out the conversation starting in the Best 22 thread as it is interesting in its own right.

If we all agree (and you may not, but it is the starting hypothesis) that Fyfe and Sonny are Freo's best and second best players, then who make up the rest of the Top 10 in order. In just 4-5 posts in the other thread there is already some disagreement.

General rule for the purpose of the discussion is that this is based upon a 2020 list if everyone was fit, so should account for past form and decline in form, but ignore short term injuries. It also should ignore potential future upside.

Mine would be:

3: Pearce
4: Ryan
5: Lobb
6: Hamling
7: Aish
8: Tucker
9: Brayshaw
10: Conca

Tough on Mundy and Hill, but I just think both are in decline - although I hold out a hope that Hill can push back in to this list. If his injury was just this off season then maybe I'd have put him in, but he's just missed too much footy for the last three years. Same rationale for Hogan not being in the Top 10. Yes he played 10 games last year, but none were great performances.

A bit of a punt on Aish because I thought he was super impressive against the Blues and he's been a regular in a Top 5 side - need to see more of Acres before I can make a call.

Wilson wasn't great last year, but I have no doubt that he is a Top 10 player if he gets back his mojo.

FoxSports taking your idea: https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/th...t/news-story/616f76e334273dc0ab0832074e563864

1588047970755.png

Good to see the media backing up the opinion of many that they don't pay any attention to Fremantle. Alex Pearce anyone?

FoxSports taking your idea: https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/th...t/news-story/616f76e334273dc0ab0832074e563864

View attachment 866296

Good to see the media backing up the opinion of many that they don't pay any attention to Fremantle. Alex Pearce anyone?

Actually, it's a bit worse than that.

Now we can figure out just who those uber-valuable stars are, thanks to numbers from Champion Data.

Really confirming my biases that Champion either:

1. Produce technically correct data that is completely useless

2. Is constantly on cocaine.

This quote probably speaks to the former:

So if a player had a long-term injury over that period, or played but was impacted by an injury, they’re likely to be lower than you’d expect. Also, Round 1 of 2020 is not included in the numbers.

Surely if a player has a longterm injury and the teams performance suffers (or vice versa) that's an incredibly important part of measuring their usefulness?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back