Streaming Better Call Saul - ** Contains Spoliers! **

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

February/March 2022 is my guess unfortunately. There might have been a small chance of it releasing just before Christmas this year but Odenkirk's heart attack would have pushed it back for sure.

It’s all good man. This will be a great start to 2022!!!

”Giancarlo Esposito who plays Gus Fring said to Collider in a recent interview that he is nearly at the end part of the shootings. There are only "a few loose ends" to film before signing off for the last time.

"Can I say it? Yeah. We're still in the sixth season. I have wrapped most of my acting work. I have a few loose ends to take care of," said Giancarlo Esposito.“

Of course Bob would be a few weeks behind in his scenes but the whole thing could be wrapped by next month as I imagine Giancarlo is in most of the episodes. So exciting, we might even be on schedule for the original release month as before Bob had his heart attack. This cast and crew are real pros.

So many people I know who watched Breaking Bad just won’t give this a show a go. As if it’s some sort of B grade little brother.
It’s amazing and they don’t believe me.
The first episode is apparently extremely slow and these shitcampaigners I call family and friends don’t continue on.
Dickheads. Gets me so angry lol

So many people I know who watched Breaking Bad just won’t give this a show a go. As if it’s some sort of B grade little brother.
The first episode is apparently extremely slow and these shitcampaigners I call family and friends don’t continue on.
I like a show that has a low key beginning

Shakes itself free of the dummies so the show doesn't have to pander to their idiotic tastes as it goes along

Shakes itself free of the dummies so the show doesn't have to pander to their idiotic tastes as it goes along
BCS is in my top 5 of all time but you raise a good point that it immediately rinses itself of any sort of attachment to Walt/Jesse and you immediately buy into Saul/Kim/Chuck/Howard.
If I wanted another breaking bad I’d rewatch breaking bad.

My sister introduced me to Breaking Bad in 2013, she has Breaking Bad merch all over the house and hanging on the walls etc yet half way through season two of BCS she's like 'nope'. I've been trying to tell her to continue on but she's not interested at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My sister introduced me to Breaking Bad in 2013, she has Breaking Bad merch all over the house and hanging on the walls etc yet half way through season two of BCS she's like 'nope'. I've been trying to tell her to continue on but she's not interested at all.
Knowing what we all know up until now, if I stopped that early I’d ask to be upper-cutted. So frustrating

There’s a key point in viewing habits regarding these two shows.

I came at BB late after struggling through Season 1 Ep 1. I bought the DVD and never went back. A few years later I went back and we binged S1-4 over two weeks until we caught up half way through S5. In other words binging BB was an exciting way to watch it.

When BCS came out I watched it week to week and if you go back through this thread you can see me moaning about the pace. Week to week was difficult.

But now having seen how BCS has panned out it has been well worth the slow burn.

View attachment 1254529

I mean this tie in to 'future' events in Breaking Bad is just brilliant, what sort of idiot wouldn't want to keep watching?
I've been rewatching BB the past week and at the start of the second season when Hank is looking for Tuco he mentions how Tuco was on his radar when a biker associate was murdered. I instantly remembered back to BCS when Nacho had asked Mike to assassinate Tuco because of his random violent tendencies and specifically mentioned was how he murdered a biker associate over nothing. It was the same guy.

Even BB season one started off a bit slow, it didn't really get going until when Walt became Heisenberg, the scene where he blows up Tuco's office with the fulminated mercury.

Haha yeah thats a bit bizarre.

Would have thought any mega fan of Breaking Bad would be all over this, just ties in so cleverly to the original while still remaining its own thing.

Haha yeah thats a bit bizarre.

Would have thought any mega fan of Breaking Bad would be all over this, just ties in so cleverly to the original while still remaining its own thing.

Dare I say it (S6 pending), BCS has surpassed BB. Fight me.

Yes I am aware they are different shows aiming to do different things but I struggle to find flaws in most BCS episodes. In my mind up there as one of the finest spinoff TV series ever.

Glad to see Bob Odenkirk is okay and we're on track to have it finished early next year.

Dare I say it (S6 pending), BCS has surpassed BB. Fight me.

Yes I am aware they are different shows aiming to do different things but I struggle to find flaws in most BCS episodes. In my mind up there as one of the finest spinoff TV series ever.

Glad to see Bob Odenkirk is okay and we're on track to have it finished early next year.
Does feel like they've really honed their craft.

BB had such a rollicking narrative it was quite addictive but I find BCS more satisfying overall.

It is strange that there are fans of BB who haven't watched BCS but maybe they are Star Wars fans who hated the prequels? Don't want to risk anything tainting something they cherish / biased against prequels in generals

To be fair Breaking Bad was hit hard by the writers strike back in the first couple seasons. The first season ended a few episodes earlier than intended and as a result they had to cram the original last part of season one (and make a few forced story changes) into season two which obviously affected the flow of said two seasons. BB picks up massively season three onward. BCS never the same issues and as a result we get a more smooth production. Breaking Bad is easily superior to Better Call Saul and its not even close imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back