Streaming Better Call Saul - ** Contains Spoliers! **

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

What a fantastic episode! So well made. The ants, the rubiks cube, the bottles. We get some of Kim's back story. And Hank! I think we take for granted how good Odenkirk's performances are.
I'm not usually one to notice cinematography, but that opening sequence was brilliant.

So my interpretation of the ice cream opening scene was that the ice cream represented Saul and the ants were his undesirable clientele and/or the cartel. As if he was being infected? I'm not sure what to make of it? Like how something sugary on the ground will always attract ants, like how a shady lawyer will always attract dodgy clientele?

Gah, what an episode. I'd say one of my favourites for the whole series thus far.

Kim's story resonates with me so much. So many days you go to work, try to do your best in the system but find yourself torn down through internal mechanics, or other elements out of your control. How I'd love to come home on many days and hurl beer bottles to the ground in frustration.

And Nacho. I love him (and his relationship with his father) so much.

GOD I LOVE THIS SHOW.

So my interpretation of the ice cream opening scene was that the ice cream represented Saul and the ants were his undesirable clientele and/or the cartel. As if he was being infected? I'm not sure what to make of it? Like how something sugary on the ground will always attract ants, like how a shady lawyer will always attract dodgy clientele?

It's like he's "innocence" or what's left is gone and it's the turning point of where he goes or embarks to the dark side. Is my take.

2 eps in, will catch up on the 3rd tonight.

Great to be back but the extended break from last season is hitting pretty hard I reckon, really have to kinda force myself to remember the s**t he's just been through with his brother and getting his license back, and how that all feeds into barrelling full steam ahead with the name change and new approach. Not sure taking 12 months off to squeeze in El Camino was the best idea.

Saul Goodman fan Jeff, is far more scarier than if he were an actual hitman sent out to kill Gene.

Haha yep, what a low key psycho

If Kim dies this close to BB timeline, Saul gets on with life quickly

Agree, don't think she'll die - reckon he'll just alienate or incriminate her to the point where they just go their separate ways and Saul is happy enough to forget her, which would be tragic in its own way.

I read the icecream as being Kim, rather than Jimmy, with her virtue being chipped away piece by piece.

And Kim in general is a representation of Jimmy's shot at a better life and happiness that he eventually erodes.

And Kim in general is a representation of Jimmy's shot at a better life and happiness that he eventually erodes.
When she was going off on the old man i assumed it was what she wanted to say to Jimmy/Saul.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I rewatched the last few episodes of S4 before starting this season.

The one scene that stood out was the opener of the penultimate - where Kim plays the con with Jimmy to get the blueprints for the Mesa Verde bank swapped. She was so confident, so effortless, that you'd be forgiven for thinking it was she who taught Jimmy how to hustle.

If I had to guess a future for Kim it'd be her moving to the Mid-West or even New York and representing the low-level crims that usually gets associated with Saul, and she hates her self for it and she hates Jimmy for pushing her there.

On the subject of years between seasons, is Saul still living in the corporate apartment he got with the big successful firm job?

Saul Goodman the lawyer is brilliant, the amount of effort he goes to get himself out of trouble......creating a whole dialogue with crazy 8 to fool Hank.

Did have a lol when Saul was negotiating his price with Lalo. Seveeeeeeeen thooooousand and ninnnnneeee hundred and twenty five!

Saul Goodman the lawyer is brilliant, the amount of effort he goes to get himself out of trouble......creating a whole dialogue with crazy 8 to fool Hank.

Did have a lol when Saul was negotiating his price with Lalo. Seveeeeeeeen thooooousand and ninnnnneeee hundred and twenty five!

this is what I thought the whole Series was going to be about

So what happens to Kim, Nacho and Lalo?
Should start taking bets. I've actually got no idea.

I feel like Kim will have a huge fall from grace and will blame Jimmy. She'll leave him in heart wrenching fashion, but will survive.

Nacho's father will be killed and it will be the beginning of the end for him. He'll blame Lalo and take him out before enlisting Saul's help to disappear. Not sure whether Lalo will actually be behind the murder, though.

As mentioned above, Lalo definitely dies. Think Nacho seems the logical choice but maybe Gus double teams him.

Re : the ice cream.

I think you have to remember the previous episode where everything was going great for Jimmy. He traps the prosecutor in the elevator and gets all the deals done with her. Life is looking good. Then Nacho turns up out of the blue. Jimmy enjoying the ice cream but having to drop to it the floor then it being swarmed by ants represents his attempts to make a better life for himself but being dragged back into the world he has no control of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back