Streaming Better Call Saul - ** Contains Spoliers! **

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont know why they didnt get someone to shank him in jail. Surely that would of been much easier and effective.
I think Gus is worried that Lalo being killed will bring extra heat up his way.

Actually, one more thing - what the hell was the plan with sending Mike to the desert in the first place? I was thinking that he was gonna grab the cash for Gus - keep Lalo in jail and get Gus even for having to torch his own restaurant. But then they just pay the bail?

Was Mike just there to shepherd Jimmy and ensure he got back with the cash ie. he would never have intercepted him had the hired guns not turned up? Not sure how that serves Gus' purpose - its better if Lalo is in Mexico rather than jail? I'm confused lol.
Mike wasn't "sent" to the desert. He was just following Saul's car, Mike had put a GPS tracker in the fuel tank cap, you see him take if off the car and put it in his bag, before he and Saul rolled the car into the ravine.

Yeah, thats the part I wasn't clear on ie. surely it would be just as easy (easier) for Lalo to call the shots via phone from Mexico as it would be in jail.

But Vader's take makes sense. As does yours re: Mike getting Lalo arrested only to then turn around and ensure his bail - just a way to piss him off back to Mexico without Gus being exposed.
Call the shots with who though?
Until now, Lalo has been in the US because he's the only one who's been getting s**t done properly! e.g doing the drops himself in his own car (until he was picked up by the cops and sent to jail), etc.
This goes to Kim's point to Lalo about him needing to sort out his own backyard, because it's clear he doesn't really have anyone he can trust in the family/cartel in the US, and is why he had to rely on Saul to get the bail money.

Kim is starting to enter Ripley territory for me. Her power isn't token, and it's not because she's a woman. She's not a Mary Sue, but a real human being with her own shortcomings and dark desires. She's bloody good at what she does but it's largely because of her hard work and passion. She's the type of female character that young girls should learn about and try to emulate (well, in a lot of ways haha).
Massive step forward. I never really cared about the stealing spoons, Ted Beneke or car wash plot elements in Breaking Bad. Just took time away from the more interesting characters and storylines. Whereas Kim's arc and character is as captivating as everything else

So if that was the issue he should of just left him in jail them without shanking him.

cant see how him being in jail is worse then him being free in mexico.
Because Lalo proved more likely to lash out in jail through burning down the restaurant. Having him the other side of the border seemed the best of the bad options.

It seems a completely contrived illogical argument used to drive a plot point.
Not really. Lalo correctly suspects Gus is behind his prison stint. If he successfully gets out this suspicion is largely eradicated. In theory.

Dont know why they didnt get someone to shank him in jail. Surely that would of been much easier and effective.

Comes back to exposure for Gus I'd say. Lalo's been charged under a different name, no-one in Albuquerque even knows who he really is except for Gus' organisation.

I can buy a bloke as meticulous as Gus wouldn't want Lalo whacked on his turf, jail or not.

Mike wasn't "sent" to the desert. He was just following Saul's car, Mike had put a GPS tracker in the fuel tank cap, you see him take if off the car and put it in his bag, before he and Saul rolled the car into the ravine.

Well yes, 'sent' = instructed by Gus to tail him and make sure the bail got delivered.

Call the shots with who though?
Until now, Lalo has been in the US because he's the only one who's been getting s**t done properly! e.g doing the drops himself in his own car (until he was picked up by the cops and sent to jail), etc.
This goes to Kim's point to Lalo about him needing to sort out his own backyard, because it's clear he doesn't really have anyone he can trust in the family/cartel in the US, and is why he had to rely on Saul to get the bail money.

Nacho obviously, but yep take your point (and Kim's!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if that was the issue he should of just left him in jail them without shanking him.

cant see how him being in jail is worse then him being free in mexico.

It seems a completely contrived illogical argument used to drive a plot point.

Its worse if the plan is to kill him, which I assume is Gus' end goal.

There are some great recaps of BB on YouTube that show the links into each other over S1-3 with Tuco, Gus, Saul and Mike. Trivial post but it is really worth a look because of the time spread of both seasons
So what are you're plans for your 50,000th post? Decided which thread it will be in? It's only 14 posts away!

Well that was just brilliant. Nothing more to say.

Best show on television at the moment.

The characters are so interesting and the acting is immense.

It's a testament to something that a show about people living in a desert equivalent of Perth dwarfs everything else.

People who binge watch this all eventually are going to have a different experience to us watching it over 5-7 years.

In a weaker show this would just be showing off but in Better Call Saul it's baked in the whole time.
Gilligan and the writing is meticulous, nothing is there that shouldn't be, or by accident. Like when Saul gets out of the car after his chat with Mike and Saul realises the immense gravity of the situation he has got himself in to, and then you see kids on skateboards in the background, just to remind everyone about how Jimmy got pulled into this world in the first place way back in season one.

I wonder if anyone is watching Better Call Saul now who hasn't seen Breaking Bad?

I'm re-watching BB for the third time from Episode 1 (currently half way through Season 3), and also been following BCS weekly since it started.

There are an insane amount of links/throwbacks/premonitions that link the two shows. Phenomenal detail.

Watched the previous two episodes last night - amazing stuff.

Hats off to Gilligan who can make 30 minutes of two guys walking through the desert so fascinating.

That scene, after Saul loses the unloseable court case, where he's in the car with Mike feels like the catalyst to Saul fully being the BB Saul by realising that this is his road now.

The fate of Kim is becoming the biggest tease in all this, not to mention the most fascinating storyline given we don't know what her fate is.
The breadcrumbs in her storyline have been such a tease - Did she walk away from Jimmys moral ambiguity? Did she go too hard at Mesa Verde? Among other breadcrumbs, now we have her coming to the attention of the cartel, adding another level of intrigue.

Her coming to the attention of the Lalo/cartel, her leaving S&C (and making sure she took the tequila bottle lid - harking back to that con game her and Jimmy played) and her standing up to Lalo in those two episodes is going to be exciting to see play out as this comes to a close.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back