BFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does not matter if they sign Dangerfield and sellwood. Coaching is the worst I've seen ever
I can't see how South turn this around. They go to sleep for long periods at a time, look at the score from half time yesterday 15-goals to 5. They've had 840 points scored against them, over 100-points per game. If they do make the finals they'll get exposed on the big grounds, too old, too slow, too unfit, badly coached. This is a good lesson for Country clubs looking for a quick fix.

I can't see how South turn this around. They go to sleep for long periods at a time, look at the score from half time yesterday 15-goals to 5. They've had 840 points scored against them, over 100-points per game. If they do make the finals they'll get exposed on the big grounds, too old, too slow, too unfit, badly coached. This is a good lesson for Country clubs looking for a quick fix.
If you look at their draw it's hard to see them winning anymore than maybe one or two if they're lucky. They are too easy to score against and too unfit to run for four quarters. The bloke in the backline that likes to carry on a bit when he doesn't get the ball back, turns the ball over and likes to play loose even when he shouldn't. Coaches obviously let him do what he wants but the scoreboard doesn't lie.When the call goes out.. everyone get one. That means you too Richard head. Alarm bells ringing yet at a committee level?

Melton in the u/18.5's are pretty awesome. Was at a game locally last weekend and they were playing. They absolutely thumped Sebastopol.

Noticed that Lake Wendouree are having an awesome season.

Fantastic. Sebastopol usually have about 12 players and some of them are 15 years old so maybe you are over estimating Melton's awesomeness.

Fantastic. Sebastopol usually have about 12 players and some of them are 15 years old so maybe you are over estimating Melton's awesomeness.
Well yeah i guess when you have the final scores of 27.16.178 to sebas 1.3.9 with Melton's forwards having a day out. One guy kicked 9 and couple of others kicked 5 and 4 goals you can clearly see that Sebas are struggling. they have for a couple of years now. Ground is awesome though.

Well yeah i guess when you have the final scores of 27.16.178 to sebas 1.3.9 with Melton's forwards having a day out. One guy kicked 9 and couple of others kicked 5 and 4 goals you can clearly see that Sebas are struggling. they have for a couple of years now. Ground is awesome though.
Melton South's under 18's gun forward Aaron Clark, had 19 shots on goal against Sebastopol.

I'd play him before Fev then

This is intriguing Slammer. Paddy D and Tiger Tony were up and about early doors with recruiting and prospects for the year and now they have fallen off the radar.

I tend to agree that it is a case of 'tents down, circus over' as they currently cannot compete with the better sides in the comp. It would be interesting to hear from Paddy D and his thoughts on how things might turn things around...

This is intriguing Slammer. Paddy D and Tiger Tony were up and about early doors with recruiting and prospects for the year and now they have fallen off the radar.

I tend to agree that it is a case of 'tents down, circus over' as they currently cannot compete with the better sides in the comp. It would be interesting to hear from Paddy D and his thoughts on how things might turn things around...

Hey Silver old mate.
Few recruits like Fev, Houi came from the WRFL which is inferior to BFL, and BFL grounds are bigger which doesn't suit either player really. Kent will also struggle as from the RDFL and prior to that EDFL div1. Having said all this Silver, it's still great for the comp to have the likes of Fev running around surely. Even Houli is an interesting character who is known to like a chat with his opponents.
Personally I think they needed Fev to coach with someone who has experience as "Scorcher" Triplett has never coached his own side before. Think Scorcher is more your footy manager, recruiter or President type rather than the main coach..

BTW- mate Tigertony is more into the EDFL buddy as I, but I do have a soft spot for the Melton Sth Panthers and do like to see struggling sides improve.

Personally I don't harbour any animosity towards Sth for having a crack.
The supporters proclaiming that Sth were single handedly bringing up the standard of the comp and promptly disappearing when it became apparent that they aren't, on the other hand are pretty weak.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Personally I don't harbour any animosity towards Sth for having a crack.
The supporters proclaiming that Sth were single handedly bringing up the standard of the comp and promptly disappearing when it became apparent that they aren't, on the other hand are pretty weak.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
We are still here ready for the challenge top 3 looks tough as lakers Darley and marsh are clearly the bench mark but I can see us turning it around season is young still a really young team trying to find our way

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Silver old mate.
Few recruits like Fev, Houi came from the WRFL which is inferior to BFL, and BFL grounds are bigger which doesn't suit either player really. Kent will also struggle as from the RDFL and prior to that EDFL div1. Having said all this Silver, it's still great for the comp to have the likes of Fev running around surely. Even Houli is an interesting character who is known to like a chat with his opponents.
Personally I think they needed Fev to coach with someone who has experience as "Scorcher" Triplett has never coached his own side before. Think Scorcher is more your footy manager, recruiter or President type rather than the main coach..

BTW- mate Tigertony is more into the EDFL buddy as I, but I do have a soft spot for the Melton Sth Panthers and do like to see struggling sides improve.

I was not having a crack Turbs, but like you, simply offering an outsider's point of view. I am interested. I also like to see struggling clubs rise up but was more interested in making a comment about the commentary on this forum. As I said, from my observations a few posters have dropped off the radar.

Turbs, I am interested to hear if the Panthers have a plan B as plan A isn't working. People on here are suggesting coaching is an issue? Triplett? Fev?

I hope to see some wins from South in the next few weeks.

Ps. Turbs, like Pacco, Rochy are struggling! Good luck for the rest of the year old mate.

Relevance? Go back and read the preseason posts. I think they deserve much more.

Do you seriously reckon that bloke has anything to do with the footy club? I say good on em for having a crack at trying to change things. They get potted for being hopeless now they get potted for having a go. Have they improved on last year???

Do you seriously reckon that bloke has anything to do with the footy club? I say good on em for having a crack at trying to change things. They get potted for being hopeless now they get potted for having a go. Have they improved on last year???
Geez mate. I think Paddy D is pretty important at South. They spent truckloads to go out and win the whole thing. Last to first was their claim. Who cares if they improve to 5th or 6th it's a big failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back