Bickley Disgrace!

Remove this Banner Ad

Why not?
Tredrea was happy to take all the glory around premiership time. Can't he be called into account for a bad performance? I know Chris Tarrant and Andrew McLeod, as two examples, have been under the microscope in recent weeks.
He was nowhere to be seen yesterday. He's an important club leader and the fact he played a bad game was a major part of Port's loss.

Anyway - it hasn't even been screened yet. All you've seen is the promo, which is supposed to suck people in who want to see Tredrea grilled, so they can agree, and who want to see what Bickley has to say about Treadrea, so they can claim he's a disgrace for making such comments.
Whatever way you view it, it's going to work for Nine, even if Bickley's comments aren't as fiery as the promo says.

It would certainly be one of the more pathetic baggings in AFL history. If he had an issue with Tredrea's form, wouldn't it be most fair to come up with it before the Showdown? Or is he just getting in on the loss and having a go in hindsight?

Even Rucci bags the Crows in advance if he intends to bag them afterwards. This would put Bicks one rung lower.

Dogwatcher said:
Why not?
Tredrea was happy to take all the glory around premiership time. Can't he be called into account for a bad performance? I know Chris Tarrant and Andrew McLeod, as two examples, have been under the microscope in recent weeks.
He was nowhere to be seen yesterday. He's an important club leader and the fact he played a bad game was a major part of Port's loss.

Anyway - it hasn't even been screened yet. All you've seen is the promo, which is supposed to suck people in who want to see Tredrea grilled, so they can agree, and who want to see what Bickley has to say about Treadrea, so they can claim he's a disgrace for making such comments.
Whatever way you view it, it's going to work for Nine, even if Bickley's comments aren't as fiery as the promo says.

5 goals against the lions the week before, a shocker against an honest performer like mcgregor this week - & all just 3 games in from another AA season last year from the premiership captain.

yeh, time to grill - keep trying bickley.

Paralowiepower said:
Channel 9 news promo for tonight, Bickley to serve it up to Warren Tredrea!

He has got to be kidding right?
Hopefully it's on the overall team performance.

captain ebert said:
5 goals against the lions the week before, a shocker against an honest performer like mcgregor this week - & all just 3 games in from another AA season last year from the premiership captain.
yeh, time to grill - keep trying bickley.

But I thought the Showdown was supposed to be like the biggest game of the season, grand finals apart, for Port and Adelaide and Tredrea didn't fire. After a big loss like that, there's going to be fallout - Tredrea's a pretty big target.
Plus, you've labelled McGregor an honest performer - doesn't that mean a genuine superstar of the game such as Tredrea should have killed him?

I'm gonna have to leave work early, just so I can see!

Hang on - why the frig have I made so many comments on this thread???? Why do I care what Bickley says about the Crows or the Power!
I spend too much time here me thinks.
Good bye.

Ford Fairlane said:
My news embargo isn't finished yet, so I guess I'll have to give it a miss. What a shame.
Obviously the Cardinals in the Vatican are Port supporters, they have gone into a media lockdown too.

Thunda Power to be the new Pope?

Paralowiepower said:
Channel 9 news promo for tonight, Bickley to serve it up to Warren Tredrea!

He has got to be kidding right?
Um, Mark Bickley works for Channel Nine. Warren Tredrea is, I believe, a contracted regular on Channel Nine News (as well as Foxtel). Port got creamed by Adelaide on Sunday.

What would you run as the promo for the news? :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we could bar the word disgrace from internet message boards there would be no war.

My thought for today, if a 'disgrace' is something your forget about within 24 hours (99% of things labeled 'disgrace' of the main board) is it indeed a disgrace? Until next time, take care of yourselves and one another.

I would have thought the phrase "serving it up" would have just been asking questions per se, not attacking someone but thats just me.

Obviously given my embargo I didn't see the segment ... but I recall 9 have been advertising a weekly Bickley/Tredrea segment on the sports news ... SA's two premiership captains discussing the issues. Something like that.

sog35 said:
Obviously the Cardinals in the Vatican are Port supporters, they have gone into a media lockdown too.

God's own team ... ;)

SpringChoke said:
No Tredrea, no Carr - no Port.

Do you serve a purpose?

Maybe I should put that a little differently.
As far as decent discussion of football matters are concerned do you have any knowledge that enables you to make a serious point or are you here to just be a pain?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back