Big Bash

Remove this Banner Ad

Pope just needs to keep his variations going, they weren't picking him
You mean him bowling wronguns every ball lol.
I couldn't watch the game, but did he have any variations tonight? A big reason why he hasn't come along yet is because he's been a one-trick pony only bowling wrong-uns and he got found out pretty quickly. He seems to be dominating for Kensington now though so maybe he's worked on some variations a bit.

I couldn't watch the game, but did he have any variations tonight? A big reason why he hasn't come along yet is because he's been a one-trick pony only bowling wrong-uns and he got found out pretty quickly. He seems to be dominating for Kensington now though so maybe he's worked on some variations a bit.
He was getting wickets with wronguns.

Cleaned up the tail with wrong'uns. 3 bowled in 4 balls

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His last 3 were but he was bowling to tailenders, what do you think the one to Hales was?
Don't know as didn't see whole game.

He was bowling all wronguns when I was watching... including all 3 wickets in an over.

Why do we lose them?
We would have lost Rashid and lose Lynn too?
Strange that these T20 leagues can't align themselves so there is no crossover... particularly when have players miss finals to play in non-finals in another league.

Overton will be a huge loss as been one of our best 2 players & only decent all-rounder.

Do we have replacements?

Strange that these T20 leagues can't align themselves so there is no crossover... particularly when have players miss finals to play in non-finals in another league.

Overton will be a huge loss as been one of our best 2 players & only decent all-rounder.

Do we have replacements?
Has Wes Agars played a match yet? I also think Henry Hunt is in the squad.

Has Wes Agars played a match yet? I also think Henry Hunt is in the squad.
Agar played 2-3 early games... I would play him ahead of the other import... who I gather we get to keep the one who isn't performing.

Bazely probably needs to come in for Overton, with the Shorts bowling more.

I think Hunt is the only other batting option, but not really suited to middle order/late hitting.

So our finals side likely to be something like...

1 M Short
2 D Short
3 Weatherald
4 Kelly
5 Hunt
6 Bazeley
7 Nielsen
8 Agar (please not Payne)
9 Thornton
10 Boyce
11 Pope

Significantly weaker.

Yep, I'd go with something like that. I think we will.pick Payne though. Bazely gets a game because he can bat.

Others available are Kaan, Manenti and Doggert.

Yep, I'd go with something like that. I think we will.pick Payne though. Bazely gets a game because he can bat.

Others available are Kaan, Manenti and Doggert.
Don't know much about Kaan, except that he is an all-rounder, so gather he may be a chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back