Autopsy Big brother hammers little brother

Remove this Banner Ad

Giants threw in the towel pre-game bringing in all their washed up players. I've gone to every Giants game in Canberra with work mates and their stars are lazy plodders.

Had no doubt in todays game

Great win.

Only query is whether it was against witches hats.

Rowbottom’s best game for the year. Just loved watching him harass and tackle anything that moved.
He's really taken it the next level this last 2 months in particular. Very very pleasing.

Very confident heading into this game, how about that a complete masterclass.

Everyone played their role and whilst a few players like Chad drop off a bit (which is understandable part of the game) someone else rises up, like Errol and rowy. Both were awesome today, Rowbottom was awesome in the contest and errol was brilliant between the flanks.

Stephens continues his slow incline, again showed brilliant composure, ball use and his confidence is rising. Seems to have a decent kick on the non preferred too.

I though Robbie fox was marvellous today, dont think he lost a defensive contest. Could go on with every player.

But all in all, we seem to be one of the most inform teams in the comp. Were starting to hit our stride now it seems, which is the perfect time to do it in the lead up towards finals. One of the sides that are treating this year like a marathon not a sprint (like freo, st kilda etc. it seems).

Were building nicely. Dare to dream.

A lot to like today. Any complaints would mostly be nit-picking. We worked harder all game and it showed. Dominated possessions, contested possessions, tackles and our tackles inside-50 was sublime.

Excellent work and picking the 5 best players will be tough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those games are frustrating . The boys played well and did everything well gws were pure dogshit . No pressure, no urgency. Soft . Lazy.

One of the worst performance this year

So pleased to see Stephens on a roll.

We drafted a Gaff-style outside runner & it’s exactly what he’s becoming.

He’s been a slow-burn, but has well and truly emerged.
Called out to him just before the siren. He was knackered but gave me a huge grin and a thumbs up. He's in a good place.

As a team, it was so pleasing to see us come out and dominate a game we all know we should have, but have all too often switched off for. No sign of that. Smashed them. Fully expected that even if we won, there would be a quarter or two of bad footy where we let them back in but it just never happened.

Parker - always lifts, don't think he was my BOG but was still great. Classic game from him, only missing scoreboard impact.

Blakey continuing to improve his defensive game, genuine two-way player now. Rapidly developed from a pure running HBF, to an interceptor, to someone who can do both of those things and shut down his opponent effectively. 50 more games and he could be genuinely the best all round defender in the game.

Gulden showing what he will eventually be on a consistent basis. Inside, outside, goalside, defence, he did it all. Probably my BOG.

Rowbottom synthesised the attacking game we saw early in his career with the defensive game he's been focusing on of late into the perfect two-way mid game. Kirk-like. Second after Errol for mine.

Stephens consolidating, looks like he belongs. Far from dominant but nevertheless undroppable because he just looks like he belongs. Have rapidly gone from being nervous whenever he touches it under pressure, to feeling like something good is going to happen. Just a really tangible vibe shift which is hard to pin down. Even off the ball he just looks switched on.

Warner copped his first real hard tag and was still impactful. Obviously got caught by surprise by the pressure a few times, leading to rushed kicks or handballs, but also adjusted and showed he could evade the tag. Honestly perfect timing for him to attract some attention - a few rounds leading into finals to adjust and he'll be primed.

Clarke also had at least equal impact to either Cumming or Himmelberg (down back). Another scalp. Really solid game.

And Fox... we should be signing him for 3 years. At least. Just so dependable. Doesn't put a foot wrong. Between him and Blakey, have allowed Rampe to focus on playing small which has been a big benefit.

Don't get me wrong, we were all class today, but it looked like GWS players were just phoning in the season. Nothing to play for, not even getting up for us. Probably knew that since Cameron got sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back