Universal Love Bigfooty Nostalgia

Remove this Banner Ad

True, but we could win flags without winning showdowns.

We haven’t, but we could.

Please
Remember when we used to dominate Showdowns but couldn't win a flag? :oops:

I remember being at a Crows' home Showdown in those times and an older female Crows supporter, resplendent in her blue rinse hairdo, almost in tears and declaring loudly that all the Ports' players cheated. :rolleyes:

Has there been a more loveable yet frustrating - frustable? - family in the history of the game
We've got the best one now & even he's not quite the raw, mercurial albeit wasted talent of Daniel... frustable

We've got the best one now & even he's not quite the raw, mercurial albeit wasted talent of Daniel... frustable

I feel like he's the logical megazord of Shannon, Daniel and Marlon. Has the best traits of all three and is the prettiest too ----<----@ (that's the MSN rose I'd give him from back in me swoonin' days)

In the Pyke-Hinkley era, they've smashed us in their home Showdowns, but it's been a lot closer in our home games. That shows how much influence crowds can really have.

I keep thinking we can finally beat them but they obviously match-up very well against us. One can only hope that our additions of Rockliff, Motlop and Watts, their losses of Lever, Cameron and Smith and our home crowd can prove to be the difference in Round 8.

Hinkley is definitely going to have his work cut out for him in future Showdowns since Pyke probably won't be going anywhere else too soon.

our showdown performances since the passing of Phil Walsh (may he rest in peace) have been horrific. We have been far too nice and un Port like.

You could say the same for West Coast at the Oval (0-4 lol), Carlton in Melbourne (0-2 wtf), Melbourne anywhere but Alice Springs and our biggest loss in 3 years (at the time) came at the Gabba to a barely-QAFL standard Lions.

The lack of scrutiny and blind hope rolls on.

I was just thinking about how conflicted i am going to feel about Motlop's finger twirling now. I have wanted to shove that twirling finger so far up his arse but now ...

Meh, if I can grow to love Damien Hardwick after absolutely despising him in his Essendon guise, a little finger twirling shouldn't be a problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt, but there were no asterisks for allowing Bryce Gibbs to swagger about for 160 minutes across both fixtures like he owned the place, KO'ing Gray and bullying Neade, etc.

No doubt, but there were no asterisks for allowing Bryce Gibbs to swagger about for 160 minutes across both fixtures like he owned the place, KO'ing Gray and bullying Neade, etc.

Like I love Tom Jonas and his return to form in 2017 was a massive relief, but if he's going to cop weeks for bluescreening anyone's brain or clotheslining them off the ball there's far worthier candidates than Dialtone Gaff and Boogieboard Dahlhaus.

I’m not sure there’s any one thing other than a flag that I’d enjoy this year more than Steven Motlop smugly fingertwirling his way down the wing after a goal in an away Showdown. Think the reverse of Ratkins cupping his ear to the Power fans like he’s Hulk ****ing Hogan.

I’m not sure there’s any one thing other than a flag that I’d enjoy this year more than Steven Motlop smugly fingertwirling his way down the wing after a goal in an away Showdown. Think the reverse of Ratkins cupping his ear to the Power fans like he’s Hulk ****ing Hogan.

Yeah but remember that time when Chad Cornes did the thing while best on ground even though the umpires gave the three votes to (((highlight to reveal))):

Brett Ebert lol

Oh yes we are all going to love the finger twirling now ... but the way Geelong have owned us it’s almost more offensive when they are smaller celebrations as we are not worthy of the big stuff. But it gets worse as tribey pointed out we need to be wary of Carlton FFS

I’m not sure there’s any one thing other than a flag that I’d enjoy this year more than Steven Motlop smugly fingertwirling his way down the wing after a goal from Eddie’s pocket in an away Showdown. Think the reverse of Ratkins cupping his ear to the Power fans like he’s Hulk ****ing Hogan.

Cherry on top.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back