Player Watch Billy Frampton

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw a bit of the mongrel come out last night.
I’m a big fan of Billy. Have been since he debuted for us against Port last year in round 2.
I have said it before and I’ll say it again, if we didn’t recruit Billy Frampton for 2023 season, we would not have made the grand final. The way he helped fill in all sorts of roles and get us through our big man injury crisis.
If he didn’t play the grand final, we would not be premiers. What he did on Harris Andrew’s is the most underrated performance in history!
Constantly does his job, whatever that job is. Comes into his own when he gets to play as a key defender.
We look a better side when he plays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moore forward. Get that KPF we're never going to recruit.

Not like Moore has been setting the world on fire in defense this season.
Then you only have Frampton as KPD
Moore, Frampton and Murphy make a great defense
Howe can play as a defensive forward and still provide a headache on a good day

Spoils. Big Billy. Paid peanuts compatible to other KPD as well

View attachment 1942657
The spoils is great, but look at the metres gained too! Twice more metres gained than any other key back, and nearly twice as many spoils.

Harris Andrews, Darcy Moore & Jackson Payne are hardly scrubs either

The backline looks so much stronger when he plays there.It makes a difference when you actually have a key sized position player playing as a key position player,doesn’t it?
Also makes a difference when we have a clear match up for the oppositions best key forward rather than having three key defenders manning space.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back