Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks, Norwood Redlegs
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Did it in the same incident where he corked his calf so it went un-noticed

Fagan says it may be even longer

Good luck in the recovery to Birch. Where to from here for a replacement as a running half back for the next 2 months?

From what Fagan says it could be longer than the 4 - 6 so it may be cutting it fine. The silver lining is that he may be back by about rd 18 and could be running fresh right into the finals. Lets all cross everything and pray to god, vishnu, krishna, ullah and whoever the hell (pardon the poor pun) else you want to that his recovery goes ALL to plan and 4 - 6 does not blow out to 8 weeks because then we are cutting it really fine for finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about my Supercoach!?!?!?!

On a slightly more serious note, sucks balls. Any chance of Langford coming in for that position? He seems to be able to play pretty much anywhere.

Half-back is one position we have some depth in. Duryea, Litherland, Whitecross, Cheney, Hodge, Mitchell, can all play there. I suppose though we're looking for some run which leaves us with Litherland and Whitecross.

Awful news.

We'll miss his run, alot. But I'm more than confident that we can cover for him. If he played out the whole game he could've aggravated the injury even more and could've been out for much longer. At least he'll be back for the Finals :thumbsu:

We don't have too many tried and tested HBF options to come in with injuries to Suckling. Could maybe see Litherland, Cheney, Smith off a back flank or even Rioli given a shot (Clarko has always wanted to try the last option). Makes Whitecross' recovery all the more important IMO.

Good luck Birch hope the recovery is quick. Need you back ASAP so we can start our finals push fit and firing.

F*CKING SHITTYHAD. Hard surface would have compounded the injury and the shitty boundary line is the whole reason for Gibbo's injury
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

It goes without saying that Birch is critical to September success. Nine remaining rounds before we get there doesn't fill me with confidence that he'll be back to his best. Hodge did his in round 6 last year and was not himself all year. Fingers and toes crossed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back