Moved Thread Blackie

Remove this Banner Ad

Stuff the Lions chant.

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMON!

snoopy-happy-dance.jpg

Maybe it is the pessimist in me, but that doesn't say the deal is "done". Blacky will re-sign, but he hasn't yet. I might just be jaded by the recent soccer transfer period where the likes of Berbatov were "done deals" at about 3 different clubs though.

Maybe it is the pessimist in me, but that doesn't say the deal is "done". Blacky will re-sign, but he hasn't yet. I might just be jaded by the recent soccer transfer period where the likes of Berbatov were "done deals" at about 3 different clubs though.

While it's not always safe to say that a deal is "done" before the paper is signed in the AFL, our clubs don't have revolving doors on the front of them for the players like professional soccer teams have.

I reckon we'd know by know if Black was not going to continue on in 2013. Clearly Voss let Power know his intentions at the end of last year and you'd have to think he would have done the same with Black this year, if necessary. Likewise, if Black was going to pull the pin on his own volition, I reckon he would have called it prior to the final game.

Love it... saw Blackie at last years Brownlow after party and got the chance to chat to him for a few minutes, couldn't help but tell him how he was my favourite Lion I'd seen play, and that included Quinlan, Roos, Wilson, Pert, Osborne in the Fitzroy days, and of course Lynch, Voss, Lappin, Brown in the current times. He was very appreciative. "Will you get your fork out of my dessert" I think were his exact words.... ;)

Have a photo of myself and him standing together, he's got his arm over my shoulder and mine over his, we were like old pals.

Edit: And I'll (somehwat boastfully) add that I got a call today offering me a double pass to this year's B'low again.... looking forward to it, 3 in a row this will be, just like the Lions. :D

I sense a bit of the Leigh Matthews in Vossy. Put the pressure on by telling the world how much Blacky wants to play on, be part of the success, mentor the young uns, etc, etc. A bit more subtle than the tactics used on Lukey Power some years back, but not dissimilar IMO. If the rumours are true, Blacky's negotiations haven't been all plain sailing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its great news Blackie has signed on... The guys an absolute legend and I'm glad there wasn't the same hysteria as last year... Well at least not publicly! He's deserved better than that...

And as to how we use him... Well I can see it alternating between run on and sub... But just even as a mentor and example we couldn't be in better hands to guide and lead our young guys... He's an inspiration both on and off the field and as long as we treat him with respect then it's a huge win win I reckon :D:D

Party at GabbaGirl's place!

Still can't scribble as fast as I like with this pad but I still like it!

Absolutely delighted Simon has signed on for another year.

IMO, it speaks volumes for the culture of the club that despite him being an Unrestricted Free Agent, he has publicly expressed his desire to continue on with the Lions, speaking freely of the "group" being united and the mateship that's there.

Blackie loves the Lions and we love him.:footy::hearts:

Onya Simon:thumbsu:

If you're on to a good thing I reckon you try to make the most of it. Even if Black was the sub every week, I'm all for him playing on.

Would be worth it if only to hear to gnashing of teeth from the fourth estate about how a champion player like Black should not be the sub.

Would be worth it if only to hear to gnashing of teeth from the fourth estate about how a champion player like Black should not be the sub.
And considering how often the commentators repeat themselves (think games with NicNat or Yarran in them) we could have 24 games worth of how shocking it is that Black is the sub .... joy :(

For mine, every time Blackie gets subbed on and off the field, a trumpet should sound, and he should be carried on and off in a gold-plated Throne, being adore by the Colliseum, oops, Gabba faithful.

Just a thought.

I remember, back in 2002 or 2003, Voss coming on after about quarter time in a final against the Crows to basically a standing ovation. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back